Telecheck / Denied my F#$%2&* check !!!!

1 Dalton GA, United States Review updated:

Oh what a mortifying time this is . I would like to know how Telecheck can for no reason deny our personal checks. I have not written any bad checks and considering I have direct deposit and payday is on Friday and today is Saturday theres plenty of money in the account.
So there I 'am Christmas shopping, at the register with a half dozen people behind me. I paid most of my bill in cash and was going to write a check for the balance. My check was denied ! A collective groan and subsequent smattering of grumbles and accusing stares came from the people behind me. I of course inquired in embarrasment, WHY ? The sales clerk said I don't know, of course. The manager then pulled my purchases off the counter and said " Sir I'm sorry but your check is denied " Nice and loud of course . More grumbles...more stares.
So I called the number, gave the lovely Pakistani girl my info and a large piece of my mind. Had it been a real piece I would now officially be able to complete only the most simplest of motor functions.
She then tells me that because I wrote checks for 10, 15, 19 and 50 dollars, that the check for 79 dollars was out of normal for my history and habits. WHAT ? I have direct deposit, I don't have a debit card, I write 15 checks a week on average. How is this possible, for that matter how can it be legal ? For my own protection she tells me . Thanks, I have dog for that I replied . People, this sucks. Plain and simple Telecheck is a scam. It will in the end only hurt consumers and the businesses they frequent. I will not return to the store where this occured for some time. I feel they will remember me just fine. I was the one on the security footage, with my head down and glowing like Rudolphs shiny damn nose. Thanks for listening to my rant. God Bless us everyone !!! Except Telecheck, the company and it's policy makers may rot in hell .

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

11th of Dec, 2017

In October, Telecheck denied my check because it was not sequential with the previous check I had written with my grocer. What? I use my check book to pay others. This did not register to the dope that took my call. They said they fixed it. A week later, same grocer, same story. Declined. This time the Telecheck excuse was that I have not written enough checks at that particular Telecheck grocer. Have been going to the same store since 2004, cashed thousands of dollars worth of checks this year alone. Nope. Declined. Really getting irritated. Happened a third time. Same place. The Telecheck excuse this time was that I had asked for cash back. What the heck are they doing over there? For every crook Telecheck catches, I'll bet 30 - 40 people get declined. Really angry about Telecheck. TonyM. Illinois.