TD Financial / FAKE CHECK-PART OF A SCAM

1 Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

During this week, I received a letter with a check for $3, 950 in the mail from a company called TD Financial (addresses: TD Financial, PO Box 284, Grand Jct, CO, 81515 and Sooper Cu, 2454 Hwy 6 &10, Grand Junction, CO 81505). The check was issued to a member of my family. The letter stated that she won a sweepstake lottery for $450, 000. TD Financial referred to a ticket with serial number [protected].

I felt that the people behind this are scammer to capitalize on people’s woes in this economy down turn, so I decide to find out who these people are. I called the number [protected] Brian Smith) and spoke with a woman who called herself Mia. At first she did not know who or what I was taking about, but later she figured it out and told me to deposit the check, get the cash and call he before the deadline of 10/16 to claim the money then call her for she want me to wire the money for taxes on the 450K.

Well, I learned that we were not the only one who got this nice letter; my friend in NY has one also. I realized that this was a con job, so I cautioned her not to draw this check on her account for these people would rip her off and if she gives them money, she will never hear from them again. After I search on the Internet, I saw lots of complaints on the Internet about this company. DO NOT BE A VICTIM of this fraudulent bank scheme.

If you have gotten a similar letter, PLEASE DO NOT CASH THIS FAT CHECK

. Please circulate this message, he can shut this phony company for once and for all!!

Comments

• Ne
      9th of Oct, 2008

I received a letter stating my son has won the sweepstakes for 450, 000 thousand dollars just like many others. I called the number, spoke with Mia Avery as well and she encouraged me to cash the check because my deadline was October 15. I told her this was to good to be true and she stated she understood because it's life changing. I said to her, I will let my attorney check into this and her entire tone changed. Please do not get caught up into a scam of this magnitude. Many are playing on the emotion and the crisis that our country in today. Be careful, there is alot happening out there. If it feels like a scam, looks like a scam, and speaks like a scam, guess what? It is.