TD Bank / overdraft fees!!!

1 Spruce Pine, NC, United States Review updated:

Deposited my check after 2:00 aware that i could not use my funds (was told i could only use 100.00 for that day only) until the following day, so I did as told. I checked online that night and i was still in good standing. The next morning around 11:00 i checked online banking and to my surprise I was over drafted $170.00!! I called the bank. They did not seem to care. I did not fully understand what was going on and what happened to my money. Before i knew it my overdraft fees was out of control. I decided to pay off my overdraft fees even though i know I was robbed by TD Bank. I plan on closing my account ASAP and maybe try to seek legal action!! Please beware and stay away from this bank.

En
Apr 12, 2013

Comments

• Ho
      8th of May, 2013

I deposited paycheck and I was told that next day I have access to 100% of funds, but that was not the case at all. The Bank does not want to take responsibility for their misleading actions and due to the fact that I suffered losses.

22nd of Jun, 2013

Although my problems were not this bad I can relate to a degree back in May of this year I did ask for a copy of a check to be mailed they forget my issue was the way I had to id myself to check the status of the check now I have no problem in preventing theft but to have to tell them when was the last time a purchase was made was a bit much. I am still scratching my head why they insisted that would be better off on going to a branch instead of having them mail it. What the heck was with that. The request was made it was in reason but they insisted on going to the branch. Another favorite this happened several years ago was asked to take part of a survey told the person wasn't interested but they did try to insist on it? They claim they are America's best bank, if you don't mind in dealing with a ### they are ideal. Long story short went back to valley.