TD Bank / td bank

1 New York Ave., FL, United States Review updated:

I put in a deposit this morning ... this afternoon I went shopping and my card was declined. I went to the bank to ask why. They had no record of my deposit, it took them 20 minutes to figure out it went into an account other than my own, then they demanded to know how I got that account number when it was THEIR OWN TELLER who wrote it on the slip. As it turned out, they deposited THE CHECK THAT MY FIANCE WROTE FOR ME INTO MY FIANCE'S ACCOUNT. And the woman looking over the stuff sighed and said in a NASTY tone "Oh, that's her boyfriend. Unless you guys aren't together anymore." As if that's somehow RELEVANT to the fact that THEY screwed up and wrote the wrong account number. I was treated like some sort of thief when I didn't do a damn thing wrong and then I had my personal life scrutinized in front of my 5 year-old son, who was sitting with me while this lady yelled -- yes, yelled -- at me about how this was somehow MY fault. They then told me that the way to prevent this from happening again was to not use deposit slips. HUH?! Not to mention just last week they charged my fiance $895 in overdrafts. No apologies. Nothing. All my fault, apparently, that their teller wrote the wrong account number on the deposit slip. And it's totally their business whether or not my fiance and I are still together, right?

Kh

Comments

• Ny
      5th of Nov, 2009

TD BANK is honestly the worst bank I have ever dealt with, and I am with Wachovia right now so that's a hard task to beat. Wachovia bank has terrible hours but there customer satisfaction is amazing. TD BANK doesn't care about there customers at all. I have money in my TD BANK account bank home, and I can't make it there, and the only way I can get my money out is to be in person at this bank, and the closest one is 3 hours away from me. I have called customer serivce line several times to find away out of this problem, and after every phone call that was made they all said right before I hung up with them "Sorry there is nothing else I can do." So than I called up Wachovia, and they said if the money was in the account with them, and I need it in TD BANK they would do a quick balance transfer, 2 sec. of talking with a Wachovia Rep, and they tell me what I want to do; but a week worth of time, and effort with TD BANK, and I got NOTHING. Thanks TD BANK you Suck the Big one...

• Kf
      5th of Nov, 2009

I WAS WITH TD BANK AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. I WAS WENT THEM WHEN THEY WERE COMMERCE AND INDEPENDENT BANK. A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR OVER 20 YEARS. THEY WERE HORRIBLE. I CALLED TO PLACED A STOP PAY ON A FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION AND THEY PUT IT THROUGH NOT ONCE BUT TWICE THEN CHARGED ME OUTRAGES FEES. NOW I'M IN COLLECTION FIGHTING THEM... I'M NOW WITH BANK OF AMERICA AND VERY HAPPY

• Kf

I AGREE 100%

• Rw
      1st of Dec, 2009

It seems as if TD Bank doesn't want customers. Now I'm getting fees if my account dips below $100, I can't believe their trying these things in the mist of a recession.

• Td
      21st of Feb, 2010

Citizens Bank is much better. No monthly service charge checking with no minimum requirement rather than $100 minimum like TD Bank. I am careful not to bounce checks yet I'd have one or two days with less than $100 & TD Bank would give me a $15 charge. I guess if they send you a letter in the mail talking about a change in your account & page 6 talks about a new fee they can charge whatever they want to you in fees. TD Bank also charged me $14o (35 x 4) for an electronic transfer that cleared the other account more than a day earlier. Choose a credit union or another bank like Citizens where you will not be taken advantage of.

One thing that we can do is send respectful but honest, brief, posts on-line like the one I just wrote when they open a new branch & there's an on-line announcement. People need to be informed about what TD Bank is really like.

On charity events like food drives this is what I have said for example.

" TD Bank took $155.00 of my families' money for food. They changed my Simply Free Checking to a Convenience Checking that automatically starting charging my family $15.00 per month for any day of having less than $100. Money started getting even tighter. I transferred money electronicaly & it cleared the other account. TD Bank had it listed as pending & I was then charged $140.00 ($35 x4 transactions) "

Let's raise awareness about this bank. Don't swear, be honest & respectful so that you will be taken seriously by your readers.

• Ni
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Completely agree with other commenters here. After years as a loyal Commerce customer (before they were bought by TD), I never dealt with fees or hassles. A year or so after the buyout, suddenly money starts subtly disappearing from my account. We call this "theft". It took a some haggling to figure out they called this a "change of policy" that was supposedly buried somewhere in a booklet sent out last summer. I switched to an online bank (E Trade) and haven't looked back!

• Tx
      26th of Apr, 2010

OMG - I thought I was the only one having this much trouble with TD BANK! I recently traveled to Texas and when I tried to use my Visa debit card it kept declining - upon calling them they gave me a bunch of bull stating that Visa had a block on that merchant due to high fraudulent reports. Not true. Then they told me I would have to wait 2 hours before I could use the card for the block to be removed. This is all after they had me to inform them that I would be in that state and for how long. They said this was a security measure. So I complied. Only to have the card decline another 3 times. I was so embarrassed. Upon calling again, the customer service supervisor instructed me to wait another 2 hours AGAIN or go to an ATM! I waited alright, in the center of the mall. I logged on to their site transferred my money from my saving into the checking and moved it to another bank. I miss Commerce Bank

• Rw
      30th of Apr, 2010

TD Bank seems determined to lose loyal customers.

• Kh
      10th of Nov, 2010

I deposited $100 cash and the check from my fiance which was for $100. The cash would have been available immediately, but the whole $200 deposit -- cash + check -- went into my fiance's account instead of mine. Also, apparently from what I (and they) found out today, our two account numbers are identical save for ONE digit. It's really not the mix-up that's got me complaining; it's the rude attitude about something that was their fault that I have an issue with. Not only that, but after the mix-up was fixed, they gave me my balance, said goodbye, then as I was at the door called me back over and said "Oh, wait. That was your fiance's balance we just gave you. What's your account number again? ... Oh, okay, that WAS the right balance, nevermind." Glad they're apparently just as confused as I am.

• Kh
      10th of Nov, 2010

Nope, I didn't. Happy to provide the clarification though.

• On
      1st of Dec, 2010

how about knowing your own account number and not relying on the tellers to look it up for you?