TD Canada Trust Bankrecent letter re heir potential

G Review updated:

Recently received. Letter from Paul Alfred Thomas, TD Canada Trust Bank, [protected]@gmail.com, stating that I might be an heir to a Joe Granke who died in 2007 in London. Is this for real or a scam? I am highly suspicious especially since the letter is not on any bank letterhead and the city is listed as Ontario, which I know is not a city.

recent letter re heir potential

• Ce
    Cecily McCulley May 22, 2017

My husband received a similar letter, just today. it was to a joe_. our last name. all the other circumstances were the same, died in london in 2007, intestate, etc. pretty sure its a scam!

• Ro
    Robynn Kleck Jul 30, 2018

@Cecily McCulley I received a letter same black and white letter head .. my account manager was a Richard HYTON. MY NEXT OF KIN DIED IN London 2008. Leaving. $9.2million... wow. Said he was a US citizen.

• Di
    DianeIL Oct 17, 2018

@Robynn Kleck I also got a letter from Richard Hyton identical to your letter, same verbiage, same inheritance amount, same death by cardiac arrest in London in 2008! He gave his email address as [email protected] These evil guys should be stopped somehow.
    Diane P., Illinois - Oct. 17, 2018

• Ns
    n.shrews Jul 27, 2017

I got a letter saying I inherited money from a relative, and my money is in TD Canada trust bank !! He gave an [email protected] !!! FRAUD !!! SCAM !! They need to be stopped and exposed !!

• La
    Laura Waldo Sep 06, 2017

I received an email and although the name of the deceased is different the sender name is the same. So now there are 3 instances of this attempt to do do something that either way you look at it is must be illegal.

Bake41 Nov 02, 2017

I just received my letter today. I'm in Virginia. Who is doing this needs to be stopped before someone falls victim to it.

Bake41 Nov 02, 2017

@Bake41 I apologize, Whoever

• Br
    Britt Gustaveson Nov 03, 2017

I received a letter dated September 27, 2017 from the Canada Trust Bank and a Mr. Pethuel Andrew Timothee email: [email protected] saying that I had a relative that died in 2007 from a cardiac arrest in London and that I was the next of kin and this inheritance is worth $9.2 million US dollars. He goes on to say that this requires all confidently and that I need to keep this absolutely discreet until I am able to claim the funds from the bank and then once the funds are released to me it will be shared between the two of us he says.. I wish this was legit, I certainly could use this inheritance of $9.2 Million US dollars...lol.

• Mr
    Mr.palmtree Nov 14, 2017

We just received the same letter. I agree that is a scam and need to be stopped. If anyone has any ideas how to stop these predators, let us know.

• Do
    Dontbelievescam Nov 21, 2017

I have seen & heard about these scam. the question everyone should ask is: "do I have any rich relative that I knew to be named in the letter. if the answer is no, maybe, or unsure, then you are being scammed. there is no easy rich winning in life. people normally fall for these scams are due to greed. no such things as easy inheritance, gift, or nobility. stop wasteful thinking.

• Ze
    Zena Lynn Jun 08, 2018

Don't be a sucker! we just received the same letter, word for word, same amount of money. listing a relative that we know never existed!!! it was on fake canada trust letterhead with the letterhead logo only in black and white.
    It states it is from a mr. jean drape, account manager of canada trust bank.
    Don't fall for this scam.

Mountain mama, colorado springs, colorado

• Ju
    Judy Woller Jun 26, 2018

@Zena Lynn we got the same letter today, came in a salvation army envelope!

• Do
    Doug Swain Aug 28, 2018

Just received similar letter from Mr. Thomas [email protected] 9.2 Million. Canada mailing and everything. Screw you scammer! I really liked the guy that died with first name of Geo. Expensive car isn't it.

Patricia Carlson Aug 30, 2018

We received a letter also for 9.4 million. TD Canada Bank also and with the name of Geo also.

• Co
    Corrie Russinko Sep 13, 2018

We got a letter yesterday from Tomas Mendu stating a relative died in London and left 9.2 million behind. I love the statement at the end of the 4th paragraph. "Once the funds are released to you, it will be shared between the two of us." Ha ha!!! As if I would SHARE it!
    We also received the latest AARP Builletin with the Dark Web as its main article. Funny they both came the same day in the mail. I think that was no coincidence.

• Da
    Dave smith99 Sep 13, 2018

Just received the same black and white letter head letter from Daniel Schad who lol works at Canada Trust. I am a IT Computer Manager and this makes me laugh but also angry at this crook.

You can do something...report his domain to the register indicating by email or phone that he is solitating fraud under the domain name of yandex.com and you are reporting it through your abuse email or phone number. He will get his domain blacklisted or removed and have to spend another 10 bucks for a new one.

Registrar
    WHOIS Server: whois.safenames.net
    URL: http://www.safenames.net
    Registrar: Safenames Ltd
    IANA ID: 447
    Abuse Contact Email:[email protected]
    Abuse Contact Phone: +44.1908200022

You can check yourself by Googling whois

• Ca
    CarolRopp Jun 28, 2019

@Dave smith99 He has a new contact email and name. Just received the same exact letter today. New name and email is Daniel Tibor,
    [email protected]

• Cu
    Curaj Dec 03, 2019

@CarolRopp Just got one from this Daniel Tibor today. It's the exact same story I got several months ago via fax, but that was from an alleged attorney - not! This one is actually soliciting fraud - the other said he'd get 10% and donate some to charity. This one isn't even trying to pretend to be legitimate! My last name is through marriage, so even if someone did leave money, I wouldn't be entitled to it!! And I know for a fact that no one has that kind of money in our family!! Fraud, fraud, fraud!!

• Da
    Dave smith99 Sep 13, 2018

Oh I forgot that you letter might have a different email...just look at the right side of the email after the "@" sign and Google whois and look up the register abuse reporting email.

Patricia91 Oct 13, 2018

It is October 2018 and we just received a letter regarding inheritance to the sum of $47, 000, 000.00!
    I was skeptical and tried finding the obituary or any information regarding the supposed deceased, which I was unable to find. After looking at the letter, aside from the lack of a proper header, there are many small spelling and grammar mistakes throughout the letter. This may not seem like an issue, but a respectable company, especially with clients trusting them with millions of dollars, will make sure that they have the proper employees and software to proofread their letters before sending them out. Seeing that this would be a very important document I feel that the sender would have requested a signature upon delivery of the letter to show that it was delivered to the proper recipient. At the bottom of the letter it should have also been personally signed by the supposed Account Manager but it is instead a copy of a signature indicating that this letter has been reproduced many times. The main red flags are: being asked to keep this matter private and the biggest giveaway is the "Account Manager" is requesting to share the funds 50/50. If this were legit you would not be entitled to "share" any of your money.
    Do not respond to this letter or get your hopes up. Report it and make these scammers known.

• Cu
    Curt H. Oct 22, 2018

Similar scam was sent to my sister today, $9.2m inheritance, guy died in London with our same last name, no return address, response to personal email, saying to keep it private, and other red flags. Don't touch it.

Bambi B Nov 13, 2018

Just received a letter that I won $850, 000 as my sweepstakes prize that was randomly selected through medical professionals database.

Lots of errors in the letter. black and white letterhead with a photocopied signature.

Throw it away and save the heartache.

Bambi b

• Sh
    Sheila Drafts Jan 19, 2019

My step dad received this letter today. I pray NO ONE falls for this crap!!

• We
    Wendy Warman Feb 11, 2019

This scam continues. It is 2019 and I received one today. a citizen in the United states with my last name died in London... Keep the letter confidential and tell no one! Sad, but you know that someone will fall for scam.

• Na
    Nancy Leiber-Hranek Feb 19, 2019

Hello. I just received one today. Same wording as those posted here.

Annick Muller Feb 21, 2019

A friend fell for this same scam couple of years ago but she was lucky to get majority of her funds back through the help of www Myprincipalchargeback com. They really did a good job in helping her.

John H. Jolinski Feb 25, 2019

Add me to the growing list of potential millionaires who has a purported relative who passed away in London, leaving behind a boatload of money to me. I received my letter earlier this month from a John Delon, who also is associated with Canada Trust. The letter I received was exactly like the others here, except there was a request near the end of the letter's body advising me to email him 1) beneficiary name and address; and 2) Direct telephone and email. This scam appears to have replaced the legendary Nigerian email scams where recipients learned that they inherited millions from a prince and all you had to do was wire a transaction fee to get your money. What I find amusing is that the letter is written in such an overly stilted fashion to appear formal and professional that it invites scrutiny.

Chris Popovich Mar 26, 2019

My husband received the same exact letter word for word except the deceases name was different. Big scam.!!!

Angry Frank Mar 30, 2019

We received one today as well, from Mr. Daniel Tibor, account manager with TD Canada Trust bank, Ontario, Canada.
    Using the name Mr. Geo ________. Same story, died in London, cardiac arrest, account worth 9.2 million. Share this story on facebook if you can. We know that some people have probably already fallen for this scam and it's sad that someone would want to hurt good people.

• Ro
    Roberta Lynds May 15, 2019

@Angry Frank I received similar letter from John Delon alleged account manager of TD Canada Trust fir 32 years. This was 9.2 million UDS unclaimed lottery winnings. They had my grandfather's name right, lived in USA but on the Canadian border and was born in Canada. Possible except the letter monitoring for 20 years and my grandfather has been dead for almost 47 years. Ghosts might purchase tickets, but to find out I must send personal information to a personal Email address. Also, Delon says Atlantic Canada; when I lived in Canada we said the Maritimes, or maybe Newfoundland. 9.2 million wold be nice, except Delon also says "it will be shared between the two of us" and I don't even know the guy.

• 3h
    3Horse Mar 26, 2020

@Angry Frank Got one today from same guy, Daniel Tibor using the name Mr. Geo____(our last name) for 9.2 million! Definitely a scam! Creepy crooks!

• Tr
    trishaw Jun 03, 2019

My husband received TWO identical letters today, both from John Delon and noting 9.2 million. Only difference was the email address @yandex.com. Thank you everyone for posting here so that others can learn about this scam.

• St
    SteveZZZ Jul 03, 2019

Just received one from John Delon, a purported account manager at TD Canada Trust, with the same type of offer. I guess if they send enough of these out they'll get some sucker to respond.

• Ol
    Oliver850 Jul 04, 2019

Things like this are getting rampant in recent times, a friend of mine fell victim of this in the past but luckily for him he reached out to a recovery firm called www myprincipalchargeback com who helped with the recovery of his funds after several investigations.

• Dr
    Dr Watson Jul 09, 2019

Honestly, it's a no-brainer this is a scam. Unfortunately, there are some who will fall sucker to it. It's printed from a laser printer for Pete's sake. Most importantly, if an alleged relative died in London, why would a fake AF bank in Canada be contacting anyone lol I get one from the same idiot monthly, about a different relative lol As far as the lame logo, it's 'TD' which is this idiot's initials backwards. Doesn't take a detective to figure that out.

• El
    elissa murphy Aug 26, 2019

@Dr Watson I hate to disappoint, but TD Canada Trust Bank, 77 Bloor St. W., Toronto, Ontario is a legitimate bank. The rest of the letter is, as you have pointed out, bogus bologna.

• Fu
    Fun with scammers Jul 15, 2019

I got one yesterday. I decided to have some fun with the scammer and sent an e-mail to his address but, alas, it no longer is a valid address.

Check out the Youtube videos by James Veitch to see the potential for playing with these fools. If more folks handled these situations like he does, there would be fewer scammers.

Not Geo Jul 29, 2019

I received the same letter last week. I don't have any relatives named Geo worth 9.2 million. I wish Geo was real. I keep the letter around for a laugh. It is there to remind myself that people (especially scammers), are idiots.

• On
    ontario girl Aug 12, 2019

A friend of mine received a similar letter in New Mexico within the last couple of weeks from Mr. Daniel Tibor...I guess he is still making the rounds!

• Ca
    Catricia Rice Aug 13, 2019

Wow...i guess you can add me to the list...Seems like Mr. Mendu has 2 names and i don't have a Geo in my family either...Smh

Paul_lvx Aug 19, 2019

I have just received the spoofing letter also dated August 8, 2019.
    The letter is supposedly from TD Canadian trust bank authored by Mr. Daniel Tibor.
    This is the second letter I've received the first was several years ago but it was the same scheme. I hope that TD Canadian trust bank is aware of this and is doing what ever they can to stop this fantasy.

• Sh
    Shar! Sep 02, 2019

Got the letter too. My account officer is Mr. Jean Delon and the deceased died in 2009. My letter though does not have "TD Canadian trust bank" mine just says "account manager in a well-known Bank, London Ontario. They listed the amount to collect 5.9 million USD. If it where only true =( Letter address in "Markham ON L3R OX1"

• Be
    Beat it Oct 03, 2019

I received one today from Daniel Tibor. Same letter as above, Mr. Geo _______, cardiac arrest 2009, 9.2 million. No next of kin. Funny thing is, it came in a Salvation Army envelope! Email [email protected]

Chip Reams Nov 08, 2019

• Be
    Berta14210 Dec 03, 2019

My step-father, who has been deceased for three years, received the exact same letter today from Daniel Tibor of "Canada Trust" so the scam continues. I hope no one falls victim to it.

Patrick80 Dec 26, 2019

I just got one today! 🙄

Marty111 Feb 16, 2020

I just got a similar letter today from a Lenny Mendoez ([email protected]) claiming a $9.2 million dollar estate and he wants 50 percent.

Malcom Cheeks Feb 18, 2020

My husband had the same letter come in the mail today the account manager name is Daniel Macfarland deceased is Geo and our last name 9.2 million all the same as everyone else but my thoughts are what are they hoping to get by doing this?

• M1
    M131 Feb 24, 2020

I received the same letter today from Daniel Tibor.