TD Canada Trust BankRecent letter re heir potential

G

Recently received. Letter from Paul Alfred Thomas, TD Canada Trust Bank, [protected]@gmail.com, stating that I might be an heir to a Joe Granke who died in 2007 in London. Is this for real or a scam? I am highly suspicious especially since the letter is not on any bank letterhead and the city is listed as Ontario, which I know is not a city.

Recent letter re heir potential

• Tj
    T.J. Scott Mar 01, 2021

Yes, Daniel Tibor is still at it. I received my letter today with the same 24.5M offering.
    I would have thought he'd have been prosecuted by now, or just given up.

Patricia Levesque Henderson Feb 08, 2021

I received the same letter from a Daniel Tibor saying I am the heir to 24.5 Million USD. My last name is through marriage, and there a LOT of legitimate relatives he could have contacted. SCAM if I ever saw one.
    Pat

• Re
    Rebecca Raby Dec 14, 2020

I received my letter at my office today. Said I was the next of kin of a George Raby. My last name is through marriage so surely there are many next of kin ahead of me including my husband, my children, my sister-in-law, her children, and all of their cousins who are offspring of family members older than my father-in-law! It's a shame that there are innocent people that fall for these scams!!! It's too bad. I could do a lot of good with $9.2 million USD!

Mark Tario Sep 07, 2020

Hmm, I guess i must be special. My scam letter from TD Canada trust said I had 24.5 million waiting for me!
    Oh if we could only take these scammers to task over this, it would be so nice to see them get what they deserve.

• Je
    Jeff Clabault Aug 24, 2020

Got mine today from James Noval, TD Canada Bank. My relative, George died in...you guessed it...London!
    Wonder how many folks have actually been duped by this guy(s)?

• Ra
    ragan123 Jul 25, 2020

My husband received a similar letter today from a Steve Anderson. The circumstances of death have changed to a “ghastly car crash” and the amount of cash in his bank account had gone up to $47, 500, 000.00!!! I could tell by reading the letter that English is not this person’s first language. Beware.

• Sy
    syd1886 Jun 29, 2020

I received same letter today from Daniel McFarland.
    GEO is The deceased same last name as mine. Lol died under the exact same circumstances.
    Really?! Give me a break.

• Na
    Natalie Zajac May 13, 2020

I received a letter from a Jean Macrae. Works at TD BAnk canada, 9.2 million inheritance from someone I’ve never heard of. He wants to split the money. He even send a death certificate. Now he just wants me to send a letter claiming the money to the bank along with the death cert and a copy of my driver’s license. I just can’t figure out where the scam comes in- he hasn’t asked for money.

• He
    Heather Flewallen Jun 11, 2020

@Natalie Zajac Well... what’s the latest? So curious!

• Ca
    Carmi Ramirez Apr 25, 2020

Why won't anyone just go along with the letter's instructions so that one of us here on this blog can legitimately say that, "yes, it was a scam and these so-called managers asked me to send $5000 for processing fee of this transaction, etc...". then at least one of us can really say it is a scam, and these people are just wanting to score money from innocent victims like us. Dare, anyone??? At least one of us here can say what this scam is all about (if this is a scam). What if none of these managers want money from us, but, instead, they just want a piece of the action- and as long as the split is fair, and everyone is happy, right???? But beware, if these managers start asking for money, then that's when you can say "HELL NO!!!" and simply run. Then one of us can complete the ending of this suspicious scam...

• Ka
    Kathleen Twite Apr 22, 2020

April, 2020

Received a similar letter in E. Grand Forks stating Jean MaCrae, an account manager with TD Bank Canada; and a deceased relative in London, Ontario Canada has left an account with over $9.2 million USD. Apparently a scam.

• Ob
    obxfan2 Mar 24, 2020

I received the same letter as everyone else. Geo -- died in 2010 with 9.2 million but mine was from Lenny Mendoez. Have to say the scammers don't give up easily. Please don't fall for this!!!

• De
    Debbie G M Mar 09, 2020

Mr. Thomas Mendu @ [email protected] sure is a busy fellow. He sent me a letter also... same guy Geo dies from heart attack in London leaving $9.2 milllion unclaimed in TD Canada Trust.

• Dw
    DWRice Mar 09, 2020

I received my letter today from Mr Lenny Mendoez Canada Trust Bank 9.2 million GEO Rice died in London from cardiac arrest stating we need to make claim to these funds now. Lenny Mendoez is claiming I am the next of kin and once he has these funds released it will be shared between the two of us. Please send your response to this fraudulent piss ant [email protected] just so every one can send lenny an email just to let him know how we feel about his attempts at scamming money. Karma is no joke these pissants doing this need to understand this attempt at fraud or theft by deception is not a joke what they are doing has a way of coming back to bite them in the [censored]. Sincerly DW Rice...

• M1
    M131 Feb 24, 2020

I received the same letter today from Daniel Tibor.

• Le
    Letfrsz Feb 14, 2021

@M131 I just received that very same letter from the same guy Daniel tabor funny thing is the was my husband name is is technically miss spelled and stuck for 30 yrs lol so I new right away it was fake

Malcom Cheeks Feb 18, 2020

My husband had the same letter come in the mail today the account manager name is Daniel Macfarland deceased is Geo and our last name 9.2 million all the same as everyone else but my thoughts are what are they hoping to get by doing this?

Marty111 Feb 16, 2020

I just got a similar letter today from a Lenny Mendoez ([email protected]) claiming a $9.2 million dollar estate and he wants 50 percent.

Patrick80 Dec 26, 2019

I just got one today! 🙄

• Be
    Berta14210 Dec 03, 2019

My step-father, who has been deceased for three years, received the exact same letter today from Daniel Tibor of "Canada Trust" so the scam continues. I hope no one falls victim to it.

Chip Reams Nov 08, 2019

• Be
    Beat it Oct 03, 2019

I received one today from Daniel Tibor. Same letter as above, Mr. Geo _______, cardiac arrest 2009, 9.2 million. No next of kin. Funny thing is, it came in a Salvation Army envelope! Email [email protected]

• Sh
    Shar! Sep 02, 2019

Got the letter too. My account officer is Mr. Jean Delon and the deceased died in 2009. My letter though does not have "TD Canadian trust bank" mine just says "account manager in a well-known Bank, London Ontario. They listed the amount to collect 5.9 million USD. If it where only true =( Letter address in "Markham ON L3R OX1"

Paul_lvx Aug 19, 2019

I have just received the spoofing letter also dated August 8, 2019.
    The letter is supposedly from TD Canadian trust bank authored by Mr. Daniel Tibor.
    This is the second letter I've received the first was several years ago but it was the same scheme. I hope that TD Canadian trust bank is aware of this and is doing what ever they can to stop this fantasy.

• Ca
    Catricia Rice Aug 13, 2019

Wow...i guess you can add me to the list...Seems like Mr. Mendu has 2 names and i don't have a Geo in my family either...Smh

• On
    ontario girl Aug 12, 2019

A friend of mine received a similar letter in New Mexico within the last couple of weeks from Mr. Daniel Tibor...I guess he is still making the rounds!

Not Geo Jul 29, 2019

I received the same letter last week. I don't have any relatives named Geo worth 9.2 million. I wish Geo was real. I keep the letter around for a laugh. It is there to remind myself that people (especially scammers), are idiots.

• Fu
    Fun with scammers Jul 15, 2019

I got one yesterday. I decided to have some fun with the scammer and sent an e-mail to his address but, alas, it no longer is a valid address.

Check out the Youtube videos by James Veitch to see the potential for playing with these fools. If more folks handled these situations like he does, there would be fewer scammers.

• Dr
    Dr Watson Jul 09, 2019

Honestly, it's a no-brainer this is a scam. Unfortunately, there are some who will fall sucker to it. It's printed from a laser printer for Pete's sake. Most importantly, if an alleged relative died in London, why would a fake AF bank in Canada be contacting anyone lol I get one from the same idiot monthly, about a different relative lol As far as the lame logo, it's 'TD' which is this idiot's initials backwards. Doesn't take a detective to figure that out.

• El
    elissa murphy Aug 26, 2019

@Dr Watson I hate to disappoint, but TD Canada Trust Bank, 77 Bloor St. W., Toronto, Ontario is a legitimate bank. The rest of the letter is, as you have pointed out, bogus bologna.

saqq Nov 13, 2020

@Dr Watson The letter is an obvious scam BUT the TD Canada Trust is a real Canadian bank.
    But ya'll got the cheap letter my amount was $24.5 million Nov 2.

• Ol
    Oliver850 Jul 04, 2019

Things like this are getting rampant in recent times, a friend of mine fell victim of this in the past but luckily for him he reached out to a recovery firm called www myprincipalchargeback com who helped with the recovery of his funds after several investigations.

• St
    SteveZZZ Jul 03, 2019

Just received one from John Delon, a purported account manager at TD Canada Trust, with the same type of offer. I guess if they send enough of these out they'll get some sucker to respond.

• Tr
    trishaw Jun 03, 2019

My husband received TWO identical letters today, both from John Delon and noting 9.2 million. Only difference was the email address @yandex.com. Thank you everyone for posting here so that others can learn about this scam.

Angry Frank Mar 30, 2019

We received one today as well, from Mr. Daniel Tibor, account manager with TD Canada Trust bank, Ontario, Canada.
    Using the name Mr. Geo ________. Same story, died in London, cardiac arrest, account worth 9.2 million. Share this story on facebook if you can. We know that some people have probably already fallen for this scam and it's sad that someone would want to hurt good people.

• Ro
    Roberta Lynds May 15, 2019

@Angry Frank I received similar letter from John Delon alleged account manager of TD Canada Trust fir 32 years. This was 9.2 million UDS unclaimed lottery winnings. They had my grandfather's name right, lived in USA but on the Canadian border and was born in Canada. Possible except the letter monitoring for 20 years and my grandfather has been dead for almost 47 years. Ghosts might purchase tickets, but to find out I must send personal information to a personal Email address. Also, Delon says Atlantic Canada; when I lived in Canada we said the Maritimes, or maybe Newfoundland. 9.2 million wold be nice, except Delon also says "it will be shared between the two of us" and I don't even know the guy.

• 3h
    3Horse Mar 26, 2020

@Angry Frank Got one today from same guy, Daniel Tibor using the name Mr. Geo____(our last name) for 9.2 million! Definitely a scam! Creepy crooks!

Chris Popovich Mar 26, 2019

My husband received the same exact letter word for word except the deceases name was different. Big scam.!!!

John H. Jolinski Feb 25, 2019

Add me to the growing list of potential millionaires who has a purported relative who passed away in London, leaving behind a boatload of money to me. I received my letter earlier this month from a John Delon, who also is associated with Canada Trust. The letter I received was exactly like the others here, except there was a request near the end of the letter's body advising me to email him 1) beneficiary name and address; and 2) Direct telephone and email. This scam appears to have replaced the legendary Nigerian email scams where recipients learned that they inherited millions from a prince and all you had to do was wire a transaction fee to get your money. What I find amusing is that the letter is written in such an overly stilted fashion to appear formal and professional that it invites scrutiny.

Annick Muller Feb 21, 2019

A friend fell for this same scam couple of years ago but she was lucky to get majority of her funds back through the help of www Myprincipalchargeback com. They really did a good job in helping her.

• Na
    Nancy Leiber-Hranek Feb 19, 2019

Hello. I just received one today. Same wording as those posted here.

• We
    Wendy Warman Feb 11, 2019

This scam continues. It is 2019 and I received one today. a citizen in the United states with my last name died in London... Keep the letter confidential and tell no one! Sad, but you know that someone will fall for scam.

• Sh
    Sheila Drafts Jan 19, 2019

My step dad received this letter today. I pray NO ONE falls for this crap!!

• Ba
    Bambi B Nov 13, 2018

Just received a letter that I won $850, 000 as my sweepstakes prize that was randomly selected through medical professionals database.

Lots of errors in the letter. black and white letterhead with a photocopied signature.

Throw it away and save the heartache.

Bambi b

• Cu
    Curt H. Oct 22, 2018

Similar scam was sent to my sister today, $9.2m inheritance, guy died in London with our same last name, no return address, response to personal email, saying to keep it private, and other red flags. Don't touch it.

Patricia91 Oct 13, 2018

It is October 2018 and we just received a letter regarding inheritance to the sum of $47, 000, 000.00!
    I was skeptical and tried finding the obituary or any information regarding the supposed deceased, which I was unable to find. After looking at the letter, aside from the lack of a proper header, there are many small spelling and grammar mistakes throughout the letter. This may not seem like an issue, but a respectable company, especially with clients trusting them with millions of dollars, will make sure that they have the proper employees and software to proofread their letters before sending them out. Seeing that this would be a very important document I feel that the sender would have requested a signature upon delivery of the letter to show that it was delivered to the proper recipient. At the bottom of the letter it should have also been personally signed by the supposed Account Manager but it is instead a copy of a signature indicating that this letter has been reproduced many times. The main red flags are: being asked to keep this matter private and the biggest giveaway is the "Account Manager" is requesting to share the funds 50/50. If this were legit you would not be entitled to "share" any of your money.
    Do not respond to this letter or get your hopes up. Report it and make these scammers known.