TD Bank / customer service from the verification department in nj

1 New Britain, CT, United States

Date of Incident: 9/17/2018
Time of Incident: Around 9:20am

I am a paralegal in CT. One of the Associates in this office is the Conservator of Estate of a client who cannot manage his own assets. It is the attorney/Conservator's duty to find any unknown assets that our client may have in the community. This office sent a letter to the local TD Bank for any account information. In response to our request we received a letter from the New Jersey verification department stating that they needed our client's death certificate. Our client is NOT deceased. Our letter clearly indicated that he was conserved. Every bank that I've worked with is familiar with the meaning of Conservatorship, it is my understanding that it is part of their training to be able to serve their customers (information provided from other clerks that I work with). When I called to clarify their mistake the clerk who picked up the phone, Ozzie Phiser, was extremely rude, extremely unprofessional. She raised her voice at me, admitted to be rude because according to her I was insulting her intelligence when all I was trying to do was explain that my client is not deceased and that the attorney from this office, the Conservator, had the authority to speak on our client's behalf. I even included the court documentation clearly giving the attorney the authorization she needed to obtain bank information. Ozzie kept confusing POA with Conservatorship. Ozzie should have never spoken to me the way she did, if she could not understand my request she should have reached out to her supervisor for help instead of disrespecting me. This is absolutely unacceptable. I will like for her supervisor, Tanya Jones, to speak to Ozzie Phiser about the way she should treat callers and give her a warning, and if needed send her to training to learn how to properly provide excellent customer service and to learn the difference between the different position of Trusts for authorization to release bank information.

Pr