TATA Indicom / Wrong charges

1 India Review updated:

My telephone N0. [protected]. Bill for month of April-o7. for Rs.1020./= Bill No. [protected]. dt. 17/04/07. Rs. 96/= charged for Voice Portal Voice 12900, for 16 Units. I am paying Rs.25/= for itemized Bill every month. I am getting itemized Bill. In above referred Bill there is not a single Voice Portal is made by me and yet I am charged for 16 Units only Rs.96/= It seems that Tata Indicom is habituated to cheat public and collect lacs of rupees. In last month, in my 3 different Telephone Nos Bill, I was given a Credit Of Total Rs.334=60P. only. In above referred Bill I am charged Rs.96/= wrongly. Tata Indicom must be penalized for cheating the public.

Comments

• Ra
      13th of May, 2007

Re: Tata Indicom

With regret, I am forced to write this e-mail to you that I have not been to get resolved through your highly expert officers. My Phone # is 9212496155 and account with Tata indicom is 207574930.. Complaint # is 70781781.

I have seven Tata Indicom #'s in name of "Party Poppers" and one of them is number 9212496155. This refers to Moto razor 999 plan and the current bill amount is INR 796. You will find that major charge to this account of INR 678 is for Voice Portal 12900. I never knew of this option and the first time I have been informed of this option today when I spoke to your customer service representative. I have never used this option in the last one month since when this number has been activated. You may like to check with other no's of Tata indicom like 9212322381,382,383,388, 399 where in past 4 months of usage we have never used this option as we do not require it.

The purpose of our association with Tata indicom was for the faith we had in Tata group and today after receiving the bill indicating wrong charges I am very upset of being associated with a fraud group. Our requirement of Tata phones was only for the purpose of listening and making calls (when required) so that our bill cost is limited. We never thought that TATA will inflate and put wrong charges in the bills to make income from its customers.

I request the authorities to investigate on this issue for charges that have been levied for services never applies by the undersigned and never used by the undersigned. By cheating its customer in this way, the management will be loosing its customers. I demand that these charges be reversed and the amount actually due may be notified to the undersigned so that the same can be paid on time.

Please do not harass customers on such issues. The customers have trusted such a big group and have faith in it. Making wrong bills via scheme of Rs.6/- per hour hurts the customers on why they believed this group. You may call me at 9212322383 in case you have any questions.

Look forward to hear from you.

Rajesh Anand

• Mo
      12th of Jul, 2007

I'm here to search the truth and find if it was happened with me or I can find more and more victims of TATA 12900 fraud service.

TATA 12900 service deducted more than 200 rupees two times, first time it happened with my dad who is lay man with any mobile and next time it happened with me, after half an hour argument their customer service is just giving me the time when call was made and duration of the call. They were unable to give details what was downloaded or listened.

According to their records a call is made for more than 20 minutes, and just see what excuses they are giving.

1)Maybe some children would have downloaded and listened the music. They don't know the youngest child in our house is 26 years old and that's me.

2)Maybe you pressed some button by mistake. They are unable to give me an answer how many buttons should I press to download or listened any music. Or how many minutes their automated system will wait a user input before disconnecting the line.

This TATA indicom 12900 fraud will be popular as their service is now today.

If you are the victim please come forward and let others know whats happening.

• Ra
      7th of Apr, 2008

I totally agree for the same, as I am also received the same type of bill where they charged for 27 units and charge of Rs. 162/- (One Hundred and Sixty Two), for Voice Portal Charges and the number is 12900. I never knew about this service, and totally agree that this is a fraud service, where the loyal customer will loose for this type of f lawful application configured for customers, eventually the customer will be lost. I have also registered a complaint with no 113359817, and waiting for their reply.

• Ju
      10th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree. I am a suscriber of Tata Indicom Post paid walky service. In my current Bill ( Bill No: 639496180 ) they have suddenly charged me INR 450 for 75 units of Voice Portal with 12855 . Many of my friends warned me that Tata Indicom at times do cheat and do fraud billings.
    Anyway I have planned to discontinue my service as I have lost trust and Faith in this Company's service.
    I have emailed the customer care and waiting for response as well as would call thier customer care to experience what other victimised customers have experienced.

Junaid

15th of Sep, 2010

I agree with ur comments becoz i am also one among u guys so only solution for allthis is use ur phone for 2000 to 3000 rupess and disconnect w/o informing the tata.
    Tit for Tat