Target / gift receipt

WI, United States Review updated:
Beware of buying gifts at Target! I purchased a Leathman tool at Target for a Xmas gift. I requested a gift receipt and taped it to the back of the box. The next day I changed my mind about the gift and took it back to the store. I didn't bother to dig out the regular receipt...figured the gift receipt was enought. They informed me that they could only give me a GIFT card because I had a GIFT receipt. I was blown away. The gift receipt shows where, when and for how much the item was purchased for...so want is the hold up? Target is misleading customers with their gift receipt policy...it is underhanded and wrong. It isn't a gift receipt...it is a gift exchange slip.

Comments

Je
  27th of Apr, 2009
Hey, before you get all huffy just lemme tell you something about Target receipts...

When you make a return at Target, they usually pay you back in the same form you paid them. For example: You pay for something in cash...you get cash back. You use a check...you get cash back after the check clears. (you get store credit before it clears.) You use a credit card...you get money back on your credit card.

Now let's say you buy a gift, and the person returns it. What good is it for them if YOUR card gets a credit? If it's a gift, usually it's bought by someone else, so there's no need for Target to credit the credit card.

It sounds to me like you're just mad because you didn't think to bring the original receipt.

Not Target...YOU!!! You made a mistake, and now you're complaining about Target, because why? Because you're a whiny baby that's why...
Le
  22nd of Oct, 2009
Yeah..your fault. Should've kept your original receipt. This is in place to keep people from having their refund credited back to whoever gave them the gift. Stupid ###er.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands