Target / bad return policy

1 MN, United States Review updated:

Target will not allow returns of any product that was purchased in a box and assembled, even with the receipt.

My brother purchased a tv stand for our mother who is in assisted living. He assembled the tv stand, but it was too short for her to use. The next day we returned it to Target and asked to exchange it for a taller one or get a refund. The response was, "you should have noticed the dimensions printed on the box before you bought it." They refused even a partial refund SINCE IT HAD BEEN ASSEMBLED. We mentioned that their policy should be posted. The supervisor on duty was not concerned and dismissed our request. Buyer beware! If you are not absolutely sure of the item, don't buy it from Target. You will not be allowed to return or exchange it. We will avoid this problem in the future by not buying from Target.

Va

Comments

• Ar
      13th of Jul, 2009

Wow! Might be that particular store. I've never had a problem returning or exchanging anything at Target. But then I never tried to return a completely assembled RTA furniture piece.