Target Brands / up & up breast milk bags

1 Jefferson City, MO, United States

I purchased the Up&Up breast milk bags to store breast milk for donation to Prolacta which is used for NICU babies at MU and other hospitals.

My bags leaked at the seal near the bottom of the bags. This didn't happen on all the bags (yet) but at this point several bags are already frozen and may begin leaking upon the thawing process which begins when they are shipped!

I didn't save the box (which prevents me from having a lot # for you) but I did save my receipt.

Several bags produced noticeable leaks! I lost nearly 50 ounces of breast milk that I know about! While cleaning up the mess I snapped a photo of three of the bags. I also lost my time cleaning all that up. While I am donating the milk, I'm reimbursed/ounce for my time and effort. This is $1/ounce. ($50)

I also had the cost of the bags that I had to pay for at Target. (With a $5/off coupon = $10)

Is there any way I can be reimbursed for my financial losses? I'm pretty upset about this entire problem. I don't want to try out more of this brand bags for fear of the same situation happening again. While I'm upset at my personal losses, I'm more upset that now 50 ounces of very valuable and nutritious breast milk will not make it to NICU babies that needed it. The NICU nurses literally refer to breast milk as ‘liquid gold' for its nutritional abilities with the babies!

Please make this right.

Target Brands
Target Brands

• Updated by Amanda Donahue, Nov 20, 2018

I selected to NOT share my complaint on social media until I hear back as to if you plan to honor my request.

Sincerely,