T-Mobile / billing disputes!

1416 Shell Fish CtMt Pleasant, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 843-388-6608
We have been battling with T-Moble regarding charges contact from ER Solutions regarding payments that are overdue from May 2007 through the present even though we canceled our service in May 2007. At that time we contacted T-Mobile regarding the fact that while the service was initiated in Atlanta we had moved to SC where they had no service. They attempted to route our calls through SunCom a minor pass through company that rented service from other providers. We were unhappy with the poor coverage offered by T-Mobile (SunCom) and contacted T-Mobile to request that our phone be unlocked in order that we could us another provider (AT&T). T-Mobile agreed and informed us that we would have to pay an early contract cancellation fee, to which we agreed. Since May 2007 we have not received any billings or other communication from them with the exception of a call we received regarding our failure to pay the cancellation fee. We had been waiting for T-Mobile to bill us for the Cancellation fee and after not receiving a bill for several months we just forgot about it as there other pressing issues related to our move from Atlanta to Mt Pleasant. Upon being notified of our failure to pay the fee we made a remittance of $148.00 using our AmEx card. We have been contacted by ER Solutions (T-Mobile) and informed that we never canceled our service as thus were continuing to be charged the monthly fee. This makes no sense since in May 2007 T-Mobile agreed to terminate our service and unlock our phone in order that we could use an alternative provider since they had no service in the Carolinas. I have spoken with numerous service reps. at T-Mobile and they continue to insist that our acct had not been canceled but merely suspended and thus we were liable for the monthly fee. All attempts to explain that they obviously canceled our agreement when they agreed to allow us to pay a cancellation in order to allow us to go to another provider.

I have been unable to get past the grunt service rep who has repeatedly informed me that if I failed to pay $136.40 by Jan. 14th they would turn the matter over to a third party collection agency. They refuse to admit that by allowing me they obviously would have canceled our agreement but evidently they cannot seem to figure it out.

Tom Browne.

Comments

Ly
  17th of Jul, 2008
Anyone that is having problems with the tmobile phone company should contact the better business bureau with all their issues. Until I did, I couldn't even get a legitimate way of faxing pertinent documents to cancel my contract. They couldn't even guarantee me that they would EVER get my faxes until the BBB got involved. Funny, now I have the direct line to the office of the president to discuss issues, and a fax number where someone will be waiting for the fax when I call telling them I'm sending it later today. Get BBB involved with theses crooks. They lie, steal, and cheat you in just about every way they can from what little I've seen.

T-Mobile USA Logo T-Mobile USA