SunTrustBank / auto loan

I had an auto loan with SunTrust Bank since 2004. In July 2009 I made the 60th payment (the last payment according to the loan agreement for a total of $66, 000). I then start getting calls from SunTrust stating that I still owe $3300! They said I had over 20 late fees and interest on the late fees. Never once in 5 years did SunTrust notify me that a late fee was charged to my account.
I always mailed my payments in and allowed plenty of time for it to reach them. On the account statement that they sent me, the late fee was charged on the 22nd of each month and wouldn't you know it-my payments always posted on the 23rd.
I have sent them all of the copies of every check that was written for the loan and bank statements. They are unwilling to work this out. They are now threatening to repo the truck and report me late to the credit bureaus unless I pay them this $3300 immediately.

It is absolutely criminal that banks do this. I am the third person in my community that has had the exact thing happen with SunTrust.

Comments

• Br
      28th of Aug, 2010

So what are you going to do? I am in a similar situation and would like to find an attorney to do a class action suit against SunTrust as they just keep on ripping off the working class and refuse to work with people.

• Ds
      28th of Mar, 2018

SunTrust is yet doing this... My loan matured this month and they're stating that I still owe $2, 000.00 on it. How do they get away with this ---what can one do to make this bank stop this?