Suntrust / overdraft charges

Upper Marlboro
I just don't understand how banks can be allowed to get away with this. I had a direct deposit posted in my account at about midnight and two checks hit the bank later that day. In keeping with their policy of processing debits first, they charged me overdraft fees because they had not yet processed the direct deposit. I can almost understand if the deposit had been a check, but not a direct deposit! This just isn't right!

A  2nd of Oct, 2009 by
I am filing a suit against Suntrust for the $216.00 they helped themselves too. Anyone want to join? Manatee County, Fl.
A  25th of Nov, 2009 by
My husband and I may be filing a suit as well. I sent a couple of cheques in for bills knowing they would come out after we got paid. His paycheck came late, unfortunately, and we should have only been charged for 2 overdrafts. Suntrust rearranged everything that we had spent on food prior (things that should have been covered) and made it so the cheques came out first. This means they arranged everthing from large to small (something bank of america just god sued for) to maximize overdraft fees. This has resulted in about 500 dollars of overdraft fees. I called them and informed them that this was ridiculous and we are military and my husband is away (making things sort of tight for me and my baby son here). They were unwilling to help in any way.
A  2nd of Dec, 2009 by
i found this link, you may want to contact them www.webbllc.com they were working on a class action lawsuit against suntrust

SunTrust Banks Logo SunTrust Banks