Suntrust / overdraft fees
My daughter had an account at Suntrust for over a year. Last month she thought she had a dollar in her account and charged 99 cents for something on her debit card. Turns out she only had 94 cents in the bank. She was charged 35.oo in fees for the 5 cent overcharge. She was at camp when the statement came in, and because of illness in my family I put off going to the bank to pay it for 8 days. When I got there, they had taken on another 35.00 for the late payment of the overdraft fees.
70.00 for an overdraft of 5 cents!? I closed the account that day and they were fine with that. What ripoffs.
More Suntrust Complaints & Reviews
- SunTrustBank - unauthorized bank charge! 
- Sunlife Financial Trust Inc - fraudulent lottery winnings 
- SunTrustBank - closed checking account (what a joke) 
- Suntrust - not to be trusted - horrible customer service 
- SunTrustBank - uaf / nsf penalties 
- Suntrust Banks - atm customer service
- Suntrust Banks - check deposit
- Suntrust Banks - transfer of charity by emily craig
- Suntrust Banks - check ordering
- Suntrust Banks - online banking