Suntrust / atm

I went to the ATM at suntrust for a Suntrust account, attempted to withdraw $500. The machine never produced the cash, so I went into the bank. Their computer says I withdrew the cash. I have no recourse but to wait the 5 business days for them to sort things out. My dissatisfaction comes from knowing they owe me $500, and they can't just count the darn machine out to find my money.

Da

Comments

1st of Nov, 2008

It will take 5 days to sort, meanwhile they have your money. I'm surprised they didn't ask you to fill out a Reg E claim form and cancel your card too. I hate that bank. They have a sign up in their bank that they are 197 years old, you can trust them. I really don't think so.

• Wh
      4th of Mar, 2009

They can't just give you the money... if it's a stand alone ATM, Brinks or one of the armored cars would have to audit the machine. Not the branch employee. If it was an attached ATM, then the person who's is in charge of that would have to count it. You can't have just ANYONE count the machine and they won't open it during business hours. I'm sure the employee filled the Reg E claim and I'm sure it didn't take that long to get your money back.