Sun Trust Bank / customer service issues

1 FL, United States Review updated:

They have lied to me numerous times, they put a fraud hold on my payroll check that I deposited on friday 7/25/2009 and was told the funds would be in there immediately, went to make a purchase, was declined. went back to same bank and teller and now was told midnight. Saturday morning, I paid my monthly bills, went to buy food for my family and was declined again. Called customer service they not put a fraud hold because the funds couldnt be verified. So I spoke with a corporate manager would told me that the corporate office could do nothing that basically the branches ran the company, so if they can't do anything why to they make close to 6 figures a year. Anyways now I was told monday before i could get food for my family and gas to go back to work. Monday, still not available, so i called again and now it was said that unless the other bank sent over the funds, they couldn't release it til August 1st over a week away ( no remember I had no food for my wife and 7 yr old daughter and no gas for work), so I call my works bank and was told tuesday morning the funds would be sent over. Tuesday morning posted lifted but now they charged me 144.00 in overdraft charge for the bills I paid with my check before they put a hold on it. So again I called customer service and was told they would be refunded once the funds were available. They had the funds from the other bank and refused to release my money still, now I have to wait to August 1st and hope they give me back the overdraft charges. This is the worst bank by far, I am closing my account once the money is in there and sent a complaint to the better business bureau.

Comments

• Ha
      29th of Oct, 2009

Suntrust bank is horrible. I opened an acct online. It was approved. It needed $100 to open checking and $100 to open savings. Within the next 3 days I received a visa check card in the mail and a password. Then 2 days later on a Friday, I called to activate my card and verify my balance. Balance was "0" in both accounts. Accounts were closed. They turned down my request for an account. They couldn't tell me when I would get my $200 back because the finance office wouldn't be open until monday. I called monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday asking where my money was. Finally on Thursday they told me it would go into dispute for 60 days and then it would go to check processing and I should expect my money in approx 90 days. They told me to dispute it with my bank. Well, I asked them and they said the process would be 60 days plus they would close my account. So Suntrust totally screwed me. Now they keep my $200 for 3 months and $200 is a lot of money for me. Groceries, prescriptions, etc. And rent is due first of the month. I never would have opened the acct online had I known this would happen. They should have declined the application or at least put it pending. Instead they stole my money and will keep it for 90 days...no fault of mine.