Sun Toyota / beware

1 United States

I went in for 6 month oil change and tire rotation at Sun Toyota for my Camry that I purchased there just 6 months ago. I am not pleased with the service I received, and I actually think something fishy is going on there.

The very next day after my service appointment, I threw off two wheel covers. My husband went online and looked, and the remaining two covers on my car weren't even Toyota brand. They were cheap, plastic Discount Store tire covers, loose and ill-fitting.

When I went in to complain to the service manager, he didn't even raise an eyebrow. He called a mechanic in, and they just "happened" to have 4 matching, greasy, dirty Toyota covers "in the back". Someone took my new wheel covers and put a cheap brand on my car, certainly while it was being serviced. Now I also wonder about the tires. I have some "Potenza" brand tires on there now, I don't remember those being on there before. And I wonder what else may have been appropriated or switched out. No explanation from anybody there, no apology, just a quick change of wheel covers to shut me up and get me out of there.

I won't be going back there. This wasn't an "accident", someone deliberately switched them out, I'm sure of it. What has me mad is that they could have a racket going on there, and most people wouldn't even notice the switch for a long time, and by then, "anybody" could have taken them. You go to the dealer and pay more because you think you're going to get honest service. Lesson learned. I suggest you copy down or even photograph the brand of tire covers and tires before your service, and compare when it's finished.