Summer Bay Resort / Too good to be true

I received an email telling me that I had won a FREE trip to Cancun for 4 days and 3 nights. So I read all the information and of course it said no purchase needed. As instructed I called the 1-800 # were a sales person proceeded to tell me about trips I won to Daytona, Orlando and Jamaica. I informed her more than once that I was calling about the FREE trip to Cancun. After 20 minutes she then told me that all of these trips were mine for just 268.00 per person (plus all the other things they don't cover0. I informed her that was great but I was only calling about my free trip to Cancun at which time she asked me what my problem was with paying the fee? What!! My problem was that I didn't ask for the other trips and it was not free as the email had stated. While I was talking to her, I was also googling Summer Bay Resorts were I found this website and all the information I needed. I finally hung up on her because she wouldn't give me a straight answer. I only hope that other people have the mind to do as I did before they give there credit card # away.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      25th of Mar, 2010

I called them last night about the same thing.

They obviously do NOT want to give away the Cancun trip - if it even exists as a giveaway. It seems Cancun is just a hook to get people to call.

The call was awful. And it is a sad, pathetic way for a company to do business. How can the employees work there pushing such a blatant scam? Although they did not sound like the brightest thorns in the bush.

For anyone at Summer Bay who reads this, you can make SO much more money by going undercover to the media and spilling the goods on Summer Bay.

Hopefully all the bad press online will bring them to their knees.

• Al
      5th of Apr, 2010

GET TO YOUR BANK BEFORE SUMMERBAY DOES

I recieved a phone call this morning from a representative with Summer Bay resorts.

They were informing me that I was eligable for the Orlando, Daytona, and Bahama package. The man on the phone was immediately putting on the pressure. I asked if he could call me back in two hours because I was still halfway asleep. He then told me that they didn't do call backs. With the offer that was placed out there and the fact that if "I snooze, I loose", I decided to stay on the phone. I was told that for $298 this package mine, VIP style. I then proceeded to make the purchase by disclosing my credit card information to the sales rep. The final step was to speak to someone to confirm the deal. In speaking to her, she unknowingly informed me that I would be staying in a standard hotel. Only I thought my accomadations would be better considering the term VIP was used when I agreed to the deal. I then informed the lady that I felt misled. I told her that I wished to backtrack and decline the offer. She told me that she wasn't in a position to give refunds. I then asked to speak to someone who was. She placed a very pushy salesman on the phone who was very persistant about keeping the deal. He even offered a better rate and threw in a free Costa Rica trip. The more he talked, the more I lost interest. I still refused. I asked him if my card had already been charged. He then hung up on me. I proceeded to call the number back, but no one could help me. I then started to google these people and found this site. Once reading several horrible reviews I became nervous about being scammed. Thinking fast, I called my bank and told them what happened. I informed them that an unauthorized charge may hit my account. We resolved it by recording my card lost/stolen. I am inconvienenced to have to wait a week for a new card. However, better that than to be out of $298. My advise to you is, if you cant get through to cancel with Summerbay, STOP PAYMENT on your account!

• Si
      26th of Jul, 2010

First off anyone with any kinda brains knows that nothing in life is free. If you think someone is always trying to scam you than you never allow a true opportunity to come your way, I have taken this package and I have friends and family who've done the same the accommodations were incredible the salesperson was so sweet and for the amount of money you pay you cannot beat that even on your best day. I really dilike when someone has a bad experience with a company and turn it into a big deal and lie to others and have them think something is wrong when they're mad and blowing smoke...
    SUCK IT UP GROW UP WE'RE ALL ADULTS AND NOONE CAN MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT. SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE SO HIGH CLASS CAUSE HALF OF YOU LIVE WITH ROACHES AND RATS ON A DAILY BASIS WHETHER IT'S A TRAILER OR THE HOOD SO PLEASE SAVE THE LIES FOR YOUR MAMA!!!

• So
      10th of Dec, 2010

you my friend might live with roaches and rats, but most of us hard working folks have standards .we replied to this advert that stated that we were the millionth customer and that would be eligible for a free $3000 so we called the number from London after speaking with a dimwit customer rep i soon realised that this was a scam by a dishonest company and ended the call however this might be ok for companies to behave like this in the USA but in the united kingdom we have laws that safeguard customers and i have already informed the local authority about Summerbay s web site and then sent a an email to a local program called (watch dog )which i am sure will make this company famous on the British television once they investigate .
    So u my friend might like being lied to and scammed but i don't.