Suddenlink / charged for equipment never received

Today (december) I received a debt collection notice from Suddenlink.
I closed my contract in August and my balance was $0.
So I called the 800 number on the letter and they asked me to send a fax with lots of info to some number. I don't have time to do that and I have no idea why they charged me.
I called suddenlink local office. I was redirected to the central.
I was charged for the cable box that supposedly I never returned.
I never had one since I never had cable service, I only had internet.
The operator told me that she could see that from the service statement, but I had to go in person to the office to settle.
I have no time to do that. I moved to a different city. I have been told that calls to the local office will be redirect to the central.
On top of that they NEVER contacted me for the charge, not by mail, nor by phone, nor by email. The debt collector notice was my first contact.
This behaviour is simply fraudolent.
If the don't fix the error by themselves, I'm considering bringing them to court.

Za

Comments

• Su
      12th of Dec, 2010

Hi - My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having regarding your account. I would be happy to look into this for you and work with management to resolve. Please contact me directly at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

• Ci
      14th of Nov, 2011

I'm having the same problem w/Suddenlink. They said we owe them over $360 for equipment we never received. The home we have is a rental property that is only rented to snowbirds from Jan1 through March 31. They're telling us they delivered equipment to the house the end of April. They say they have paperwork showing someone signed for the equipment that they refuse to fax me to mail me. They tell me I have to respond in person, however, just as I mentioned to them several times, we live in a different state. Then they said they would have supervisor call us after someone has a chance to look in their warehouse for the equipment. When the supervisor calls, they have yet to look in their warehouse and refuse to fax us proof of the delivery of the equipment. Now they have sent our info to a collector! I as looking into a class action lawsuit. This is crazy that so many people are experiencing the same and yet they refuse to resolve the issues. [protected]@aol.com