[Resolved] Straight Talkpoor customer service

I purchased an approved phone from Wal Mart and activated my service. Part of the plan is browser service. I was never able to access my browser and after repeated calls to their customer service department, and after requesting a new phone, which was initially approved I was told everything would be forwarded to the corporate office. I have been left hanging with no answer from the corporate office. This is unacceptable.

• Resolution statement

• Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care's Response, Jul 27, 2012

Hi Danny0722. I'm SaraST and I work with Straight Talk. I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. Email your info to ST.[protected]@straighttalk.com

• Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care's Response, Jul 30, 2012

I see so many people complaining on here, but I don’t think you guys are going to the right people to get help. I do have a Safelink phone and so far so good. Every time something is wrong with it, I give it a try to send an email to this address and the people working these emails are wonderful, and they were able to fix my issue. Try it and you'll see that there people that will resilve your issue right away. The email address is SL.[protected]@safelink.com. Send them your name, cell phone number or serial number and they will help you.

• Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care's Response, Jul 30, 2012

Hi, this is Sara with Straight Talk Wireless. If you have any questions or concerns about the product or the service, just copy your blog concern and include it in your email. Please email your info to ST.[protected]@straightalk.com. We are here to assist you.

Wa

Comments

• St
      Aug 13, 2009

My phone was ported immdiatedly from ATT to Striaght Talk but after buying calling service card which once i start to activate found out they were use, straight talk did nothing, i called and called, for days finally i requested my phone to be ported back to my original provider ATT who I always been happy with, I was 10 days without phone and they gave the were impossible to work with ATT once ATT ask them to port my number, it took forever.

It's a shame don't ever by straight talk it's a bad move keep your reputable providers! P

• Bi
      Oct 24, 2009

when i needed to transfer my old number they was no help .

• Da
      Oct 31, 2009

This company is just sad, great plan, but they cant activate there own phones, I cant beleive big names like Walmart and Verizon got mixed up with this company, I plan to complain to everyone that will listen

Nov 09, 2009

I can't even get them to send me the phone correctly. They screwed up my address, so the phone is being shipped to the wrong place.

What's worse is that they refused to change it before it arrived to my house. Even FedEx said that it would make the change if Straight Talk agreed, but I could not get Straight Talk to call FedEx.

It also didn't help that Straight Talk's reps knew little English.

If you know what is good for you, stay away from this company. It's absolutely horrific.

• Tc
      Nov 10, 2009

When activating my daughter's phone, Straight Talk charged my credit card twice. I tried to call the company many times using the phone number on my online banking statement. (no answer) I finally had to cancel my credit card. I decided to contact them again and couldn't hear the service rep...it sounded like a party, with very poor English. After 1 hour on the phone and a reference number to activate my phone with the extra charge, I was told to contact them the very next day to active the phone. After another 48 minutes NO SUCCESS! I think Harry (his name) had a very good time "toying" with me. Placing me on hold, etc. After verification they would not activate my phone. EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE!!! I will pay a higher price for better customer service, or shall I say for any customer service. I have filed a fraud charge through my bank and hope this will make some difference, but I doubt it. Who am I against Wal-Mart?

• Tu
      Nov 20, 2009

My phone minutes left jumped from more than 60minutes left one day to only 6minutes left the next day while I didn't even use the phone for more than 20minutes that day. Something seems fishy either from Straight Talk or Verizon Wireless. I called Straight Talk Phone at: [protected]-CELL (2355) to report the problem. I was put on hold for 20-30minutes every time after 3 calling back status post disconnections. I requested to have the phone record sent to me as was informed that out of courtesy, I will have the record sent to me only ONE TIME but only after waiting for a 30day-period, AND I have to write a letter AND notarize it. This is too much. I really do not feel like jumping through all the hoops with my time not well spent just to to get the privilege of looking at what I have spent my own money on. Walmart will lose customers fast if Straight Talk keeps doing this.

• Pe
      Nov 28, 2009

pls folks, all of us here that have this straight talk phone, we need to do this. Start calling Walmart headquarters in Alab, OK or whereever they are. Keep on the phone until someone takes some action.

Walmart brags about customer service, well they sure missed the ball when doing this thing.

Write to the CEO, keep on the phone, keep writing, write to your attorney general for your state, and go to your state BBB. This is probably the only way the straight talk CS will get out of the glorious PI, and get taken away from the cheap PI cuties.

I have called them, and just the other day, had to keep asking the guy, if he spoke english or what language did he speak, maybe we needed an intrepreter. I had to keep repeating and repeating thing, and finally got a 5 min phone call that took over 20 min done.

Just keep calling walmart, and INSIST ON SPEAKING WITH THE CEO OF WALMART AND NOBODY ELSE. This might work. AS the CEO is head of the company, and responsibility for the operations of the company. Refuse to speak to nobody but the CEO and maybe they will get the msg through that their CS for this phone is beyond awful.

• Br
      Feb 23, 2010

I bought a phone for my son on 2/19. I purchased a $45 card so that he can have the unlimited text, talk etc..
    I went online & followed all instructions to set up his phone, then when it was complete I was given a 28290 number to call & activate service..Let me tell you it was not that simple. First of all we called through out the ENTIRE day & received a recording stating, "sorry were unable to activate your phone at this time, please call back later!" so I called customer service & was told I had to wait 24hrs. Because I purchased it for my son, for his birthday, he was exciting so he looked at the clock & tried every hour up until 24hrs. was up. At this point no service still. So I called back explaining situation to representative, which was Very Rude! seem to have no type of customer service skills!!! & seem to be angry because of me being frustrated & trying to get help from him which he was unable to do. I was up at 5am because of the time difference there by a few hours. This rep told me I would have to wait an additional 24hrs to see if activation is complete!! I ask why is that, he really couldn't provide an understanding reason, so I ask to speak to a supervisor over & over...again & he replied there is none & I explained everything to you already!! so you have 3 options "take it back to store " "listen to what i'm telling you" or just wait another 24hrs. Then I stressed to him after getting so angry, & also telling him how exhausted I was from this process & that it was 5am my time.That I wante to speak to someone in charge... he rudely said if you don't understand me, ok let me transfer you to someone you might understand. And he did transfer me but to a spanish represenative whom I spoke to & explained everythig to in english, and was very considerate & also apologetic for what happened. She tried to help out to her best ability...Now since then my son phone finally got a new phone number & activated a couple of days later.. & today is Tues. I tried to call his phone to arrange picking him up from school & it said his phone is disconnected...I bought a $45 straight talk plan, (unlimited talk & texting) I called customer service & they said they couldn't help me until he's here physically with the phone.. My advice to whom ever may be reading this is to think twice before purchasing this plan...and if you enjoy being angry, or frustrated or poor customer service, then this surely where you can start!!

• Me
      Feb 26, 2010

Really? I have heard really good things about TracFone from a number of online forums. I am borderline buying the Samsung touch screen smart phone that they offer, and getting the $45 unlimited everything plan. From the forums and sites ive been checking out, most users seem to be happy with their purchase and are satisfied so far. I might end up giving it a try now that my current (or most recent) plan expired and I am tired of my current phone. From what I understand, there is no need for a contract, so trying it out might only cost me the cost of the phone and the $45 for the first month. Good luck to you guys. I am going to continue researching and checking this site to see if your opinions stay the same or if you have a change of heart. Thanks

-Danny

• Gi
      May 13, 2010

I tried to port my number from Boost Mobile, a personalized number that I've had for 10 years. From May 3rd til now May 13, they have not ported nor activasted my line. It's difficault to deal with a company and local issues when their call center is in the Phillipines, and the reps are told to give a list of standard responses to non-standard questions. I'm trying to find the corporate phone number to deal with an american directly.

• Ki
      Jun 18, 2010

I have TWO accounts with Straight talk & my phone I haven't had any problems with it. However, my husbands phone is supposed to be TOP OF THE LINE. It's not. It powers down OVER 20 times a day & I called to have the phone replaced with not getting ANYWHERE. They want us to mail them the broken phone BEFORE the mail us the new working phone. That would mean my husband would be without a phone for up to 3 weeks. Last I knew that's a TERRIBLE way to run a company. We would MUCH rather pay alittle more with another company & get GOOD service that as a LOYAL customer deserves, DON"T BUY STRAIGHT TALK PHONES.

• Le
      Jun 30, 2010

Straight Talk
    Straight Talk is one of TracFone's newest brands. As of July 30, 2009, it offers two different value-based 30-day rate plans: a $30 limited plan, and a $45 unlimited text, web and minutes plan. Straight Talk is a Mobile Virtual Network operator (MVNO) that uses Verizon's CDMA 1xRTT wireless network, which was introduced in 2001 and is said to deliver between 40 and 60 kb/s to customers.[9]

Eight phones are available for use with Straight Talk: the LG 100C, LG 200C, LG 220C, LG 290C, Samsung R451C, Motorola W385, Motorola RAZR V3a and Samsung Finesse R810C. The exception to 1xRTT-only service is the Finesse R810C, an EV-DO-capable handset which performs at higher speeds where such coverage is available. It is the only Straight Talk-branded handset to offer this functionality at present.[citation needed]

Straight Talk is currently exclusive to Wal-Mart stores because of a joint-venture program between the two companies.[10]

Aug 05, 2010

I activated my phone last night and I am able to talk on the phone, but I can not receive or send text. I have called customer serivice serval times and can't understand them. They repeat the same thing over and over. They can't seem to understand what I need and my proble mis not fixed. I am about to return ths phone. I am very mad.Straight Talk need to get it together. they really need to hire some americans and stop going cheap. Ugh!!!

• Nu
      Aug 12, 2010

it takes 12 hrs. to 7days to transfer a phone #i already have. now i have no phone for a week.

Aug 31, 2010

sorry as hell they need to be put out of bussiness..asap

Aug 31, 2010

NO ENGLISH TALKING [censor] MOTHER [censor]ERS...WE NEED PEOPLE WHO CAN TALK ENGLISH...WHEN THEY CALL THEY PUT YOU ON HOLD...IF ONLY I CAN BE RIGHT THERE TALKING TO THERE NON SPEAKING ENGLISH [censor]...DUME [censor].TAKE YOUR [censor] BACK WHERE EVER YOU [censor]ING CAME FROM..WE ALL IT DAMN SURE ANT AMERICAN

• Wo
      Sep 02, 2010

its 6 a.m. and im trying to call in cause my min. expired last night and i get a recording with high demand they cant tak my call at the momment to try back later...right...ive actually bragged to people about how good this phone is..but this kind of servive isnt gonna have me saying anything good if you cant do what you advertise..why give numbers and internet service when you cant provide them...yes by the way i did try calling and internet...NOTHING came good of it cause just so happen having maintnance problems...yeah hope my kids are O.K...Guess i won't know until you get out of bed and get to work and actually talk to you...joy another 4 hours... that'll do me good...NOT..so sad..

• Sm
      Sep 16, 2010

DON'T BUY STRAIGHTTALK! Is that clear enough. Bought the phone-ST-T401G-and almost immediately the back fell off. Found it, but then couldn't. Went to Wal-mart to be told that is not their problem. Called straight talk to be told they would be picking up phone-they did Nov. 1, 2010 and received in their warehouse. Told it would take 5-7 days. It is now 2 weeks and still told 5-7 days. I had a promise from a Gilbert at their headquarters I would have it in my hands within 24-28 hours, but a lie; today he said, 5-7 days!

Don't waste your time, or money. They waste time talking-and mostly you won't be able to understand them! They promise you, yet fail to deliver.

Don't buy straighttalk. Consider this a warning if you choose to choose them!

Oct 06, 2010

bought my daughter a new blackberry samsung look alike and activated it well got the message cannot activate for almost two days..after that everyday it needed to have code enteres *22890 and it would reactivate with a NEW number everyday! lol.i called almost everyday and was told it was going to supervisor and they DO not speak english very well at all..AT ALL..be prepared to repeat yourself and have them repeat numbers to you over and over ..and then when u tell them how the number is changing they tell you no your wrong it is the very first number on file they have...they wanted me to return phone after havinbg a week and and this happeneing everyday and said it would take about 13 days to get another phone.I asked about the unlimited minutes i purchased and i was two diff stories .one that no it would not come with minutes ..umm ok and another all phones come with minutes ..ya ok..well they did the same thing *22890 and it worked again with a diff number again.seems she just gets a diff number everyday til the time runs out in about two weeks then straight talk can straight kiss my [censor].Calling walmart tomarrow asap about this ..its a scam seems liek just to be able to get people to buy the phone cards and lose thier money ...and i cant even get ahold of my daughter..this 109.00 piece of what they call a phone is getting returned..

• Sm
      Oct 06, 2010

So similar to mine. And to update mine? After going to Walmart and having the manager work with them I was to return the phone and call them when it was done. It immediately went UPS, called and was told they would call me when received . After tracing it, seeing they had received it, called to be told they were busy and the wait would be within 10 minutes. After 35 minutes I hung up! The next day called, to be informed they had not received it; the tracking number was wrong! I said you already have it, stated the time and who signed for it and still told I was wrong.

After much anger got ahold of a supervisor to be told they did have it and now I must be patient!

People, go to the store manager of Walmart and let them know your unhappiness! The ones I have been working with admit they have nothing but problems with Straighttalk!

Shirley Masaoka

• On
      Dec 30, 2010

I ordered a book from BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE.COM (AKA
    DiscountBookSale.com or BBVrebategiant.com.)
    [protected]

First, the words "discount" or "customer service" have no application with this compay.

On 10-10-10, I ordered a book from this company. I authorized a charge of a $1.00 fee on this date and a $12.98 charge for the actual book. I did NOT agree to any membership; I never do this. On Nov. 8, 2010, my credit card was charged $9.95 for a membership fee, which I never authorized. On Nov. 9, my card was once again charged this $9.95 fee. This fee was charged on my credit card on Oct. 16,
    November 8, Nov. 9, and Dec. 8.

On Dec. 11, I called DiscountBookSale.com at the above number and told them I never joined this membership and I didn't authorize any membership fees. I requested a refund for the three charges outstanding on my Visa. (On Nov.13, I received a credit of $9.95.) I also sent an e-mail this day which showed all charges on my Visa.

My e-mail received no response, but I did receive a second credit of $9.95 for one of the charges.

On Dec.9, I called the company and talked to a complete [censor] who kept repeating himself over and over. I finally asked for his superviser, Johnny U., who told me the same thing: "There was no charge on Nov. 9." At least this guy listened, but his attention span was short, so I had to keep telling him that, yes, there absolutely was a charge of $9.95 on Nov. 9 - the day after they charged me on Nov. 8.

Johnny kept interruping, probably because he didn't want to hear the facts that were clearly stated on my Visa statement. It was easier for him to repeat (by rote at this point), "There was no charge on Nov. 9."

Then I started repeating myself: "I am staring at my credit card stated and it clearly shows a charge on Nov. 8 and Nov. 9."

My repititions didn't help one bit; his mouth just continued to move with the same motion and sound: there wasn't a charge on Nov. 9. I couldn't believe this! I asked him why he was being so short-sighted over a $9.95 charge. I told him I would never do business again with them and I also was goimg to write comments on a customer service blog. Again: "There was no charge on Nov. 9."

I finally gave up and called my credit card issuer, United.

The Visa rep told me it was clear there were (4) charges of $9.95 from this company, including one on Nov. 9. He said he would credit these charges to my United Visa immediately and block anymore charges from this company.

At 4:55, I called these [censor]s again and, believe it or not, I was able to talk to Jared who was very polite and assured me he wanted to help me.

I asked for Johnny U., but he wasn't there. Jared said there was another supervisor, but he was eating dinner and would call me back in 10 minutes.

I have no doubt that Jared gave this other supervisor the message to call me, but it is now 6:03 pm and no one has called me. He appears as [censor]ic as the rest of them (except Jared) when it came to customer service. I also suspect that this [censor]ic state carries over in other areas, but I don't know. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dum and even more dumb.

Karen

• Ap
      Jan 11, 2011

This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a Straight Talk Wireless.
    I called Straight Talk on 1/4/2011 to find out how to deal with a problem I’ve had with activating a new phone purchased from the Straight Talk website. I had purchased two phones at the same time. One phone I had no issue with activating online.
    I had an issue with activation the LG620G with the serial number [protected]. The order number for the original purchase is [protected](Web Order # 3495977). After I had been on hold for several minutes the representative came on the line. I had to explain my problem to her several times because she did not seem to be listening and therefore asked me the same questions repeatedly. I was told that even though I had already created an account online that they were unable to find my account.
    The representative put me on hold for several minutes as well as several times, and then returned providing a ticket number stating they would need to send a new sim card, since they were unable to activate the phone, and when it did provide a number it was the wrong area code, although I provided the correct zip code . The zip code is 23434 which require a 757 number. The representative first tried to argue with me stating that Straight talk does not cover this area. I kept explaining that I had already activated one phone with no problem with and received a 757 area code phone number. Needless to say, I was quite frustrated; however I agreed to wait for the new sim card and was given a ticket number of [protected]. At this time our phone was not activated and we had not been able to use the $30 service card with the pin number of [protected]. I was advised that the service date would be extended and we would not lose our minutes.
    So a few days go by and we receive the new sim card for the LG620G with the serial number [protected]. I placed another call on 1/6/2011. The new sim card is [protected]. I called the [protected] number again. Once again the representative put me on hold for several minutes as well as several times and constantly repeated the same questions. In the end of a 30 minute phone call I was provided another ticket number [protected]) with the representative stating that the phone or sim card kept getting an error, even though when asked no explanation for the error was given. I was told to wait 24 hrs in order to call back for a resolution.
    I called back again on 1/8/2011 to check on the progress with ticket number [protected]) and again the representative put me on hold for several minutes as well as several times and constantly repeated the same questions. Once again I was told there was an error with the sim card. At this point I become very upset and requested to a supervisor. I spoke with the floor supervisor Jennifer. The same routine was repeated, again the supervisor put me on hold for several minutes as well as several times and constantly repeated the same questions. I was once again given yet another ticket number. This time the ticket number is [protected]. At this point I very unhappy, very upset and ticked off that my hard earned money is being wasted and feel very doubtful that it takes this long to resolve a technical error. I was advised it would take 24hrs to resolve this time.
    On 1/9/2011, I called back to check on the issue with ticket number [protected]. I was advised that it would take up to 48 hr to resolve the issue. Needless to say I am not happy.
    On 1/11/2011, I once again called to check on ticket number [protected]. I was placed on hold on and off for over an hour while the representative constantly put me hold, over apologized and still no closer to resolving the issue. I was then transfer to tech support manager that stated they had to send an email and would call me back once they have a response, which should only take a few minutes. At this time it has been almost two hours.
    I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, and I requesting a proper resolution for this issue. I have spent the last 10 years in customer service, the 4 which have been with the Navy. I would never give my customers the level of unsatisfactory customer service that I have been repeatley given.

• Be
      Jan 14, 2011

Just an epically bad phone system. Here's what I think happened: at a marketing meeting, someone at Wal-Mart said, Hey, TracFone is so successful I think we should get together w/ them & use Verizon's towers and compete w/ them. So they called someone at TracFone & at Verizon and they said sure. So WalMart put a dummy website online and started selling phones immediately, before putting in place the infrastructure to either service the website or provide service. Have never successfully reloaded the phone online; you can do it, but they'll jsut turn off the phones 'til you call in. I'm on the phone RIGHT NOW w/ what is supposed to be their corporate service rep who called me in response to a complaint. It has so far taken 40 MINUTES to add 10 extra days to my service contracts, and this guy - who I absolutely cannot understand - is still fooling around with it. This is supposed to be their answer to my complaints about horrible service, lousy phone, etc - - $15 worth of additional days as compensation for $150 x 2 in lost outlay for shoddy phones with shoddy service. A class action lawsuit is inevitable; frankly, I can't wait.

Jan 18, 2011

To streight Talk a division of Trac Phone INC. I am totaly discusted and thoroughly dissatiffed with myphonethat I received Janurary 4, 2011 through fed ex delivery. My phone is a LG620g thisphone has a sim card in it and works very, very poorly, when you get away from my zip code 31027 East Dublin, Ga. I have made many many calls to Streight Talk asking them to send me a refurbished Samsung R451c that DOES NOT have a sim card. my name is James Powell, allI want is fairness or I will do as I told the supervisor on duty tonight Marie, I will see what THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU . January17, 2011 James Powell a very distraut and disciffed customer with physical and other handicapes STREIGHT TALK DO WHAT IS MORAL AND PROFESSIONAL thistime. THANK YOU ! JAMES POWELL PHONE:[protected] address 306 Savannah Ave. East Dublin Ga 31027

• Mz
      Feb 09, 2011

Sounds like everyone needs to bombard Walmart Headquartes with complaints. And you Attorney Generals Office. I just got a staright talk slide phone for my anniversary, the phone is 2 weeks old, and I can't keep the back on.

• Ka
      Feb 21, 2011

Straight tapk SUCKS!!! I have not ben able to use my phone as Straight Talk says I should beable too and NOW they are blaming the problem on AT&T

May 05, 2011

I ordered a phone, it came, they told me they had to send me a 3rd sim card, so more waiting... why????? I have been trying to port from straight talk to straight talk or so they tell me. Why do I even have to do that? I think it is because they sent me a TracFone. My old phone broke so I was just ordering a new one. Anyway, I have talked to too many people who all end up disappearing. and now my phone still does not work. I am sending the phone back and challenging the charges!

May 16, 2011

I hate this company they will not send me a phone and I have absolutely no service! I wish I would have never signed up with them! I just wasted my money! I am so mad! I cannot speak to a manger or anyone who speaks english!

• Pb
      May 29, 2011

Straight Talk...Straight Talk...I ordered a phone online for my aunt who just moved to the states, she did not receive the phone. I called customer service, and they gave me the run around for 2 hours. Finally I gave up, and just wanted my money back, and they are still giving me the run around and the bad part about it I can not get anybody who speaks clear english... I am so upset! I will not be doing any kind of services with straight talk. Do anybody know how to reach somebody so that I can talk to about this horrible service.

• Pb
      May 29, 2011

Straight talk sucks! Do not buy anything from them...Customer service had me on the phone for over 2 hours, with people who could not speak clear english! Everytime somebody comes on the phone they say can you hold for 2 to 3 minutes. Will not be doing any buisness with them anymore. Do anybody know somebody i can complain who will actually listen?

• Da
      Jun 06, 2011

I have been trying for three weeks to get a phone that I have owned since January, but has been out of use, reactivated with a new number. After two attempts to activate the phone, I was told that I needed a new sim card. They promised to send it in 7 to 10 working days. I never received the sim card so I called again and was promised a sim card in 48 hours. The card never arrived. I called back and was told they would call me back in 24 hours to let me know what had happened. I said no more talk, I will go buy a phone that will work and you can give me three months wrth of free service for my time. They only offered to give me free time for the three weeks I had been dealing with this problem. I will not be doing business with them again.

• Ad
      Jun 30, 2011

To the one's who are having trouble with receiveing there phones...SCREW THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE...CALL [protected] EXT 3324, or ask for Cherisita...If they she is not available the ask for her voicemail...When I called the Customer service line I spent 4 straight hours on the phone in one night not counting other day's and hours, but I was determined I was not letting this BS go anymore...So the last representative I talked to said we are sending you a phone but first you have to send us the old phone, short story it would be a while before I would have a phone...HELL NO...I don't think so...So i went up the ladder and found Cherisita and told her my issues and she proceeded to try and fix the problem and no guy's she does not read from the script..She tried she called the main carrier of the phone and they tried and nothing...Proceeds to tell me that the representative that told me enter in a code in code enrty mode somehow locked up my phone so I will have a Phone and 1 month free unlimited service at my doorstep with in 24 hrs of speaking with Charisita...She gave me fedex tracking number b4 i hung up and I have been tracking my package since this morning...Will be delivered by 3pm tomorrow...I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU...I KNOW ALL TO WELL THE HASSLES OF STRAIGHTTALK...

• Pr
      Jul 03, 2011

I am a business owner and I have always had the same number for 9 years straight. I recently went to straight talk after having problems with sprint and my new phone broke. I got an inexpensive phone to use while they sent me a replacement for my phone. The replacement came in after 3 weeks of waiting and now I'm trying to get my number ported onto the replacement and it's taken over 2 hours and the women, who had no clue what she was doing, was not even American. Normally that would not bother me but I'm a single parent, a business owner, and a person with no extra time to waste as it is and they cannot get someone who can fluently speak my language just because they would rather make our economy worse and move their company out of America so they can save money to buy annoying waiting tones for their frustrated customers to listen to. The phones all have easy ways to access the information that any other company could easily use and get the job done quickly, but the straight talk company has horrible costumer service so just hope you don't have a problem if you buy one of their phones.

Lori

Jul 05, 2011

another complaint, tried to call canada, they said, go nline and purchase long distance-i did.
    then you have to add the number you will be calling to an access list-but it will not allow you to-
    says for canada add a 011 then rejects it -says to add 1 -rejects it
    tech support says add to the access list the number you will be calling -they do not get it is not working when it tells you to do two different things and does not do anything
    this went on for 4 hours- not resolved- asked for a refund- they said yes- transfered me-then said no refunds- to try to resolve it
    another hour on the phone
    they are thieving people's money for services not rendered-they know no one has 5 hours to resolve their problems-they keep the money -just horrible

Aug 11, 2011

Purchased a Straight Talk phone at Walmart. They ported my phone number over, activated the phone and added the $45 Unlimited miutes card to it. HOWEVER, the phone did not make outgoing calls. After speaking to several reps, they were unable to get it to work and told me to take it back for a refund and get a new phone. I did as instructed and called them back. They were unable to get the 2nd phone to work!!! They kept saying two days, then I would call, then two more days, I bought the original phone on 08-05-11 and as of 08-10-11 STILL did not have a working phone!!! Since this was my ONLY phone, this was unacceptable. Not only that, but they lied and said they did not offer service to my zip code, which I knew was a lie because my next door neighbor (SAME ZIP!) had bought one and they had her phone up in 45 minutes!!! Since they couldn't get the 2nd phone to work, I returned the phone to Walmart. However, Walmart said the $45 minute card was NON-REFUNDABLE!!! and that I would have to talk to the same call center that cause all the problems in the first place to get a refund! Because of all the problems with Straight Talk/Trac Phone, I am going to ANOTHER vendor!!! The Call Center is in the Phillipines and the staff does not know what they are doing. They seem to go off the same pages in a book or something and don't know how to get the job done. The customer service is very poor and they do not attempt to get you to someone who can help you. Even the supervisors and managers don't offer any additional assistance, but take you through the same process the reps do. I would recommend that everyone STEER CLEAR of this company!!! Send Corespondence with complaints to: Straigh Talk, Inc. Attention: Executive Resolution Dept., 9700 NW 112th Ave., Miami, FL 33178. Although the CALL CENTER is in the PHILLIPINES!!! (This is the number they give out for that call center [protected]). You can e-mail complaints to [protected]@tracfone.com or [protected]@tracfone.com.

Nov 11, 2011

Finally, someone worse than me!! I summarized my complaint, however, could have written more than you about my horrific experience with Straight Talk/Walmart...it has been a hard lesson about trying to save a buck! I am going back to a reliable source..at least I'll know if I have an emergency I can actually make or receive a call!! My sympathies, Joyce K

• Ro
      Nov 21, 2011

I do understand. I added my daughter phone card to her phone on yesterday(Sunday) Today she calls me at work from my niece's phone to tell me her phone has been cut off. I called Straight Talk and the lady tells me that I needed my phone card and they could not do anything because I did not have the phone with me. My sister called for me and she was told that she had to have the receipt or the phone card. This is not the first time. My sister had to have her number changed because her phone was cut off just after she added her airtime card. Two week ago, I tried to use my phone and it said Sim Card Failed. When I called they asked me a lot of questions that I had no idea about, because I did not select those questions. They finally sent me another sim card, but I will not be going back to Straight Talk. But, I do want my daughter's minutes added to her card. I purchased the card on Saturday and the card was added to her phone on Sunday, today is Monday and her phone is off. This is not good customer service.

• Pi
      Dec 09, 2011

We have 3 Straight Talk phones and have had nothing but trouble. The first couple of weeks the phones worked fine then it went down hill from there. We are unable to receive incoming calls or make calls most of the time with these phones. We have spoke to customer service reps who tell us we live to far from their service area but unless they moved the tower it's still less than a mile from our home. The phone shows full bars but says no service. I have made numerous other calls and have sent emails for assistance, no one can never help. The last rep we spoke with suggested all three phones may need to be replaced but I would have to call back. We have been told to remove the batteries and shut off the phone every time we have this problem.
    The phones are down more than they work, we have had to take the batteries out of the phones sometimes 10 or more times a day. But still they have yet to resolve the issue. STRAIGHT TALK IS A BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!! And the employees are complete idiot! Semmes, Alabama

• Fr
      Feb 25, 2012

I purchased a Straight Talk phone through Walmart. I didn't realize it was defective until I was past the Walmart return time for phones, so I called Straight Talk. After explaining to the person that answered I was transferred to technical support. The person there talked me through a couple of things and then told me a phone would be shipped to me. When it arrived I was to call back and I would be walked through transfer of the files and phone number. Two days later a mailer arrived with instructions to send back the phone so a replacement could be provided. As it turns out this is Straight Talk policy. The tech support person told me wrong, but his bad info triggered a month of emails and phone calls back and forth. Each time Straight Talk contacted me they promised to help, but NEVER did anybody do any thing to help. I also got three different stories about what would happen when I shipped the phone. I would recommend that you run away from any phone deal that says Straight Talk, Trac Phone, or Net 10. They are all owned by the same company.

• Kn
      Mar 15, 2012

Bought a ST Samsung Galaxy SCH-M828 w/Android OS. Battery overheats during recharge & stops communicating with OS, hence error msg that 'battery is not correct' or similar. Was able to return phone to Walmart as hadn't had it for more than the 14 day return policy. Walmart gave me exact phone as replacement, and had same problem, but ignored it and phone eventually settled down. ST was worthless in attempting to correct this problem. Referred me to Samsung, who explained the issue, but bad on Samsung, they know about this battery issue but do nothing about it.

Now, ref. ST. I have never in the 65 years I've breathed air on planet Earth experienced such horrible cust. svc in my lifetime. As former military, I have no problem understanding the 'outsourced' cultures that populate their cust svc centers, BUT - they are uneducated, can only follow a script, and believe that continuing to state, "I apologize" will in some mysterious manner assuage the degree of anger any caller may have in dealing with them. All they can do is escalate the call to a supposed higher level of service, which is simply a higher level of incompetence. I have demanded a number of times to speak to their Corporate HQ in Florida and was given the number. You guessed it...the same outsourced culture, but supposedly in Florida. I was told outright by their Management that they were aware of the Cust Svc issues and were working to correct them. Not from where I sit, they aren't.
    1) On 'Auto Refill' but phone svc was turned off anyway. ST Cust Svc Rep, told me he fixed problem. He actually cancelled my service and re-set me with new phone number - all without telling me he did that. Took hours over a period of four days, numerous calls to their Florida HQ demanding my number back, them telling me I had to wait 24 hours (2x), then another manager telling me I had to now wait for 48 hours. I refused any more stalls, and demanded they fix the problem and return my number due to illegal action of their Cust Svc dept. That call resulted in getting my original number back, and they did give me a credit of one week's free service.
    2) Set up again for "Auto Refill" - system DID NOT refill my service - so here we go again. Called - was told all OK, service would automatically bill. NO, it didn't. I had to manually pay, then set up the Auto Refill feature myself, and confirmed it was done. Looked it up this morning and did it again - NO Auto Refill. They truly have a screwed up on-line system and that needs to be corrected as well.

Conclusion: The entire concept of ST has merit. Frankly, they offer a better deal out there than any of the big-box phone providers. BUT - ALL OF THEM have outsourced their Cust Svc, to the detriment of their good names. People from other cultures, despite the fact they speak a form of English, do not live in the U.S. and don't have a good grasp of day-do-day culture here and how to deal with us. Moreover, their training is inadequate and woefully incomplete. ST needs to take a hard look at how their Cust Svc department is being managed. My education is in Business and Management... I would personally fire the entire management staff and start over.