Steers / bad customer service

South Africa Review updated:

I am currently Steers Seapoint, this is the worst experience I ever had in a Steers store. The person assisting me, named Nicky is so rude, unfriendly and bitter. I can't believe she is working in an environment where she assist customers. I am deeply disappointed with what I experienced tonight.

Comments

• Mr
      Dec 10, 2012
    Steers Ridge Oasis - Product Quality and service
    Steers Ridge Oasis
    South Africa

I visit this restaurant this morning on my way to Jhb, ordered a Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bun, soft Egg. (Take-Away) Mentioned this 3 times to the most unfriendliest cashier ever (Mngwengwe, Silindile)- when I got my order, it was not even put into a packet together with my cold drink, when I asked for it to be put into a packet, the cashier just Sighed and said jah right. Got my order, drove off, only to find out that the egg was hard, not soft has I ordered, no serviette, no salt. Absolutely terrible. Could not turn and come back. I am really disappointed . Les-0743695809

• Ah
      Jan 13, 2015

I was purchasing some ice cream from steers isipingo beach the service i received was pathetic and disrespectful. The person was rude and unfriendly. The worst part was the standards of the way the ice cream was disgusting. I was told she doesn't care if i complain to the owner it doesn't matter to her I live right by this branch and I'm disappointed and very upset as I'm not a dog nor am i fool i hope something can be done about this as it keeps happening

• Lo
      Feb 21, 2015

Today i purchased some ice cream in Durban lower Marin Parade North beach, the service i received was disrespectful and rude her name is Zandile and the worst thing its not the first time, last year between October & November i purchased a full chicken and large chips, when i reach at home, chips were not inside the pocket, I am deeply disappointed with what i experienced today, i live right by this branch and i dont understand how does that steers work I am very sad

Mar 07, 2015

I had the worst customer experience ever at steers Ushaka. The ladies are absolutely ruder towards customers and click their tongues at customers when collecting your order. Steers is a well known fast food branch yet I refuse to support them again.

• Am
      Mar 07, 2015

I purchased a avo, mayo and chicken hero roll from Steers Kempgate. On the picture it shows slices of avo. When i got home and opened the roll it looked like mashed avo and it was very spicy and burnt like there was some sort of chilli in it. Thia is not what is advertised as i cannot eat anything that has chilli in as i get a allergic reaction to it. Either the picture on the boards should be changed or it should state that its spicy/hot.

• La
      Apr 06, 2015

I have purchased steers combos from the steers at the engen in la lucia and I have never had such bad service from a steers. One of the cooks had Vicks on their hands and made my family's food without washing their hands. All of our food smelt like Vicks and when I went back to the store to complain the manager was the same person I ordered from which I could not believe. I will never go back there. Very disappointed.

• Kr
      Aug 03, 2015

I have ordered today ( 3-8-15) at 12pm noon, . i am getting the order at 2.30 pm. and when you get the order you find everything was dumped in one bag...

• Fe
      Aug 14, 2015

I have been craving Steers burger for days when i eventually decided to go buy it i was torn between where to go buy since my last encounter at Steers outlet was not a pleasant one not wanting to spoil my appetite i decided to drive about 75 km from where i stay mind u this two outlets one at a Engen garage and the other one at Festival Mall which are both closer to my place but i opted to drive down in search of good customer service and in hope of not being put off my meal little did i know it was as if i was back at the other previous outlets which i tried to avoid...It's as if all Steers staff are trained to be disinterested unfriendly and have an "i don't care attitude"and yet after taking once order they engage nicely laughing and chatting away with each other.

That is the WOW i got from Steers

• De
      Oct 03, 2015

Olive Tree Investments CC t/a Steers Rehoboth. I bought a Chicken Combo mild an hour ago. First the chicken was cold and seems to be prepared long before. It also taste if a Hand/Body lotion was put on chicken instead of spices. the wings was burnt you cannot eat it. We didn't eat it because its so disappointed. This is not the first time I experience this, before the ribs and chips was not well cooked. When you arrived at home you expect that the food you bought is well but not. Why wasting you time and fuel to go back and complain nothing will happen anyway. Employees just get angry with you and gives you an attitude.

Invoice 23204, 3 Oct 2015

• Wi
      Nov 12, 2015

Hi,
    II love King Steers Burgers, but lately bought twice from Steers in Gordons Bay, Cape. The patties were souch poor quality, not flamegrilled at all, more like being cooked, colourles and tasteless. The first time I thought they just had a bad day, but the second time was even worst. The patty was broken and pieces missing. I got the idea they dont do flame grilled any more and thats the best part about the burger.
    Please do something about it, I definitely wont buy from them again...
    Wilna
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Re
      Jan 13, 2016

I am at steers in the Golden Acre and there is no air-conditioning, no extractor fans as the place is full of smoke u can barely breathe and the staff is rude and obnoxious. This is the second time I am here and the service gets worst every time. They put ice in my cooldrink without asking. Whatever happened to customer service?

Jan 24, 2016

I had to think twice about buying at Steers today because i know theyre are the slowest food outlet in the mall, I work at the Pavilion Mall and enjoy Steers ribs but today decided to buy something else hoping it would be quicker than the usual 30 minute wait. A Hero roll with fries was ordered at 14:21 and just hoped they would prove me wrong. My suspisions were true, I stood up and went to ask the girl where is my order and only then did she presume to fry the potatoes!! Are you kidding me?? Of all the chatter those girls do there is nothing constructive that they say or do. I blame the manager as he is the one who made them like this! There was no queue I WAS LITERALY THE ONLY PERSON BUYING. I cancelled the order at 15:00 took my money and went back to work. We need to see change its clear the Pavilion Steers staff dont get the term Fast Food too well. Fed up

• Mm
      Feb 24, 2016

The service was wonderful, everything in the burger was fresh but the burger fillet was having blood inside and the chips were really burned. I like to eat there because I always receive best service and nice food but this time no. i am really disappointed

• St
      Mar 16, 2016

I purchased a Wacky Wednesday Combo from Steers Montague Gardens in Cape Town today 16/03/2016.
    What I received was a half -cooked excuse for a burger. When I took it back to the store, a manager told me this is how Steers prepares their burgers ( like this is the first Steers burger I have ever had). What has happened to customer service in our country? Are we expected to accept this because its too much of a hassle to get someone to listen to us. The only way companies like this will learn is when we boycott their stores.

• So
      Jun 21, 2016

Get over it, I just cannot beleieve how shallow peopl can be.

• Gw
    Steers R10-00 Burger - R10-00 BURGER
    STEERS
    South Africa

I STOOD IN A QUEUE AT STEERS NORTHMEAD SQUARE FOR 45 MINUTES ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT THEY HAD RUN OUT OF ROLLS AND WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE AREA MANAGER WHO WOULD ONLY BE THERE AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER.
    DISGUSTING MARKETING FLOP.ENDED UP EATING FISHAWAYS.

• Cw
    Steers - NO services
    South Africa

I was at Steers @ Present Hyper at 17:00 tonight and they did not help me. I was standing there for 15 min before I asked them if we can get some service. the back manager said that he wants to go ans see if there is stock or something. He never come back to us and we were standing, they went passed us about 3 to 4 times and did not asked us what we want to eat. That is not customer services if you ask me. There was a lot of people there but I wanted to buy Wacky Wednesday en he did not even asked me what I wanted to eat. That was the worst services I got from steers in 5 years. That was the last time that I buy anything from Steers. The people at Steers did not even asked before we left if there is anything that I needed. The people just looked at me when I was standing and waiting for services.

Charlotte 0730234755

• Th
    Steers At Nyl Plaza - A rubbery King Steer Burger
    Steers at Nyl Plaza
    South Africa

I bought a king size burger which was not fresh at all, it tasted rubbery, I only realised it when I was inside the bus. I wasted my R37.95 for nothing.I am really not happy about it. The attendent took the slip, my stomach feels funny after eating it. I did not throw the packet. Hoew can people sell food that is no longer fresh. Accordinhg to me it is so unfair.

• Fi
    Steers - Poor alignment to 'convenience' concept
    Steers

Was wondering why a fast food chain would align their well known brand to a convenience 24 hour petrol station when they cannot manage the aligned operating hours?? I arrived at 20h45 at a Total petrol station, on one of JHB's busiest roads, that operates on a 24 hour basis, having worked late, only to find that the said franchise had already closed the instore food franchise at 20h00 already?? Surely if you align your franchise to a 24 Hour operation you would expect to have the offering operate according to the intended concept, that of being convenience? I am not expecting it to be open 24 hours on a Monday, however, some alignment would only justify the space it occupies!!

Not a good brand or consumer based message, let alone an appropriate alignment!!!

Steers Brooklyn Mall - Bad additude
    Steers Brooklyn Mall
    Pretoria
    South Africa

Hi my name is Tebogo Mokoka.
    I was at Steers Brooklyn yesterday 12/07/2014 to buy ice cream and they pour me a small ice cream and I told them that the ice cream was so little, and the guy by the name of Charles told me that's how they measure the ice cream and I told him that I do buy ice cream at their store almost every day. I have never ever got that kind of ice cream nor attitude and he told me that it depend that they favour u or not, if they don't favour u they pour u a small 1 and if they do favour u then they make your cup full and which after then came another customer to buy ice cream and the cup was full and I ask Charles again and he just shouted at me and I ask him to re fund me and he refused. I was not happy with how he treated me I didn’t know if customers are treated according to favours, if knew I was not going to buy there anymore. I would strongly recommend that this be handled with immediate effect and that I would be contacted about this matter, as I feel that I wasn’t treated with respect as a customer and feel that this has most probably happened to many other customers.

Please keep in mind that I am not complaining about the ice cream, I am merely stating the fact that I got VERY VERY bad service and that I was told that certain customers were favoured.

Regards
    Tebogo Mokoka

Jun 21, 2016

Purchase a Pita Breakfast from Steers Springfield Park Included Meal and coffee R 22.90.
    Purchased the same from Pinetown R 27.90 excluding coffee.

• Lm
    Steers - Zero customer care
    Ladysmith
    South Africa

I ordered telephonically from steers ladysmith on 21/3/2014. On collecting the order, the manager Mark tells me I ordered 2 veg combos when I ordered 1 and even debates with me( clearly listening isn't a skill). When I got home I found that the burger was labelled as a beef burger so I went back & complained. A Black female calling herself a 2nd manager looks at the burger says its a veg burger . I asked why it's labelled as beef. Instead of apologizing, she asks if it's the 1 st time I order a veg steer burger as it is visible that this is a veg burger although it is labelled as beef. She said she is out of labels for veg burger. I asked why this was not explained to me when I collected the order but she just said that it's clearly a veg burger & I asked why she just didn't apologise that the burger was incorrectly labelled. Instead of apologizing she became combative & argumentative. Being from JHB, I WASNT USED TO SUCH LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE but perhaps it is just small town mentality where people are not trained on the value of a customer & how to treat a customer. Instead of lowering my mentality to the level of a steers store ' manager' when I'm a dr, I left

• Va
    Steers Bothasig - Badly Cooked Burger
    South Africa

I just bought a burger from Steers in Bothasig. The actually patty was not grilled at all. In fact, it tastes like it's been lying in hot water to steam/cook. It literally made me gag.
    Now what I hate about badly cooked food, is that Steers will now expect me to drive back there to get me another, properly cooked FLAME GRILLED burger. So I have to go out of my way to fix THEIR mistake.
    This type of service is unacceptable. I work hard for my money.
    I'll never go back there again!!!

• Ag
      Jun 22, 2016
    Steers - There were so many things wrong it was incredible
    steers.co.za

Once upon a time there was a Whistlestop just outside of Queenstown - we used to stop there often on our way through to other places. It was clean, efficient, friendly and easy to use. Now it's *** awful.

We stopped here on the way back from Tarkastad hoping to have a quick bite to eat and refresh ourselves. First off, the toilets were abysmal - unclean and most of the taps weren't working. Then we waited for around 25 minutes to be served. We ordered our food and were surprised when we got cooldrinks in lukewarm cans and a glass (for the cooldrink) with a bit of tepid water in the bottom. No ice and no straws.

Then we got our order. Or at least some of it. There were three items missing (which were billed for no problem) that we had to go hunt down. Even after doing that and finally receiving our food, it was cold!

Service was shoddy, people were unacceptably slow and the place was disgusting. Something has gone horribly wrong in Queenstown - we won't be stopping there again. It's difficult to choose a problem category for this. There were so many things wrong it was incredible.

• Me
      Aug 04, 2016
    Steers Rustenburg - Waterfall Mall - Rude attitude from Molefe Setebalen
    Steers Waterfall mall
    Rustenburg
    South Africa

I lodged a complaint with regard to the above. I received a call from the Store Manager who promised to resolve the matter. He asked me what I wanted out of this whole situation and i indicated that I wanted an apology. A few minutes later I received a call from the cashier who still had a stinking attitude telling me that I was lying and that she is sorry but it sounded as if she was going through the motions and not really sorry. She was argumentative and as far as I am concerned she is still being very rude. I am not leaving this matter. As far as I am concerned this matter has not been resolved
    I will not set foot there ever again

• Do
      Aug 04, 2016

Sorry, but this sounds like two spoiled teenage girls arguing. If she got you this worked up, SHE WON! Drop it. She's ugly and stupid and has cooties and can't come to your birthday party! Now you win. Go clean your room.

• Lu
      Sep 02, 2016

We ordered Steers online last night. At 18h03 I received a message that my order is being prepared. At 19h39 I phoned to find out when they will deliver - the lady said that they don't deliver in our area due to a gun threat one of their delivery people had encountered previously. This was not communicated to us at all so if I did not phone to find out about the order, we would still be waiting. This is unacceptable! When I told the lady it is not acceptable, she couldn't care less. What poor service!

• Th
      Apr 06, 2017

Disappointing service

Yesterday I placed an order over the phone for me and my colleagues. I received an sms confirmation of the order at 12:17. The order arrived at 14:43. I was advised it will take 45min to an hour. I called again after an hour around 13:12, Siphokazi said she will call me back to advise on how far the order is. She never called back, I called again around 13:45 and again Siphokazi promised to call me back. She called me back and advised the order is on it's way. Then we waited another hour and a couple of minutes and we told the driver we do not want the order anymore. I called the contact centre to lodge a complaint, they advised me that the Ghandi Square Manager will call which she did. The manager (Mpho) didn't apologize but asked how she can make it right. She promised us free meals and we advised her that we have already eaten for the day and we are leaving. She can deliver tomorrow. She said she will call me in the morning to find out a suitable time to deliver. Can you believe that today, I called her and she says she forgot my name cause she had lots of complaints yesterday. She DENIES promising us free meals but a discount. I said she can leave it, because she's calling us liars. I am disappointed with your service. Dealing with more than one person but still the service is just bad... from the contact centre to the store.

Apr 21, 2017

I bought a 2x king steer burger which was raw so raw to that even dogs could not eat them, it tasted rubbery, I only realized it when I was like 20 KM outside Johannesburg. I wasted my R160 for raw burgers.I am really not happy about it. The cashier took the slip, their twitter is not responding what a day light robbery by Steers so unfair.

• Tu
      Aug 18, 2017

I have just ordered 2 Steers Jalapeno Cheese Burgers and 2 large Chips from Steers Corlett Drive for delivery. Upon delivery I only received 1 Burger and 2 Chips. The chips were so bad ( brown and hard), did not look fresh @ all!!! Was so disappointed as this was the 2nd time it happened!!! After I told them I wanted fresh chips, as Steers is renowned for its chips!!! Next time I will definitely return the order!!! No use calling your call centre, as you just get cut off each and every time!!! If the Area Manager is interested in calling me - 072 687 6367

Sep 07, 2017

Hi My name is Santa
    Went to Steers Northmead Square on 6 September at 18h55. Was assisted by KUDZAI who was extremely rude. My wife is elderly and could not hear what he was mumbling. She ordered and he was asking her a question which not even I could understand.
    She requested him to repeat his question and he mumbled again. I asked him to please repeat and he became rude and sarcastic.
    When she had to enter her pin number she was so nervous that she omitted to press the enter button. He reached over and pressed it for her.
    He looked at us if we were of a very low class.
    I got upset and took a photo of his name to complain.
    My wife was very upset and we did not enjoy our dinner at all. We will rather go to other burger joints to not be treated like this again.

We do pay for our food and there is no need to go through this trauma

• Bu
      Jun 03, 2018

I'm currently at steers in Ballito, service is very bad, i ordered a set of 4 burgers they say it comes with 4 cups of ice creams on their menus but on their system it shows I can only get 2 ice creams and management could not help either, he tells me it will take time for him to add that special on the system. He is not even sorry for inconvenience he speaks with his staff not me as a customer . His name is Sipho staff don't even know his surname. Service is really terrible., Please do something about it

• Cr
      Sep 26, 2018

i will not use Steers ever again there is no service i placed an order on line due to the fact that the Rustenburg branch gave me problems with service before thinking on line order would work out better. No such luck. I placed the order 12h57 and at 14h00 i phoned the branch and they could not help me because it was a on line order hahahaha ... When i received the order at 14h30 it was ice cold and slap chips with bacon is not nice ice cold. I was hungry thinking I will phone and pay 50% and eat the cold meal however the manager was not available at all and once again nobody could help me. I send the food back wrote a complaint to Steers and a day later nobody has contacted me to say sorry about the cold food etc. and the bad service.