Steersquality & service

J

To whom it may concern - if it concerns anyone at all

There is a steers close to the pietermaritzburg off ramp in a total garage - get this - the pietermaritzburg offramp - about 2-3 k's down to the right - total garage on both sides — # steers to the left.

Time: 10h00 saturday morning december 1 2007

Upon arrival I was told that I would be attended to shortly - another customer already waiting. the waitress / manageress then calmly continued to wrap another 4 sets of cutlery with a paper napkin before asking us for our orders. she really gave the impression that she did not want to be there at all.

We then proceeded to the toilets - me to a dark men’s toilet with the lights out of order - and my wife to a washroom full of flies.

When I reentered the restaurant I started looking for a clean table. I could not find one - I eventually found the chef and asked him for a cloth. he came and wiped a table down for us.

Whilst waiting for the food I noticed that the place has not been swept or cleaned either. some flies were enjoying the dirty tables.

The cutlery arrived first - all neatly wrapped. there was some green gunk stuck to the inside of my fork. the waitress looked interestingly at me while I proceeded to try and clean it with the napkin dipped in fanta orange. ended up eating the burger with my hand.

Our burgers arrived and being hungry - we started eating. I then realized that there were no condiments. I went to the counter and found the two big dispensers to be empty and their nozzles filthy. the mayo container manage to gurgle up a spurt on my arm. the head seemed to be loose.

The waitress then brought us some more empty and dirty condiment bottles. at least the tomato sauce had some in.

I then realized that my schalk burger meal looked nothing like the picture. on closer inspection I realized that the burger patties were obviously from last night. al flat and cold. tasting of old barbecue fat. thinking back I now realized that the grill had not been fired up yet.

We ate what we could. my wife “the coffee lover” did not even drink half her coffee. said it tasted like dish water.

We left without saying a word. because by now they were getting busy.

Maybe I should have said something. maybe i'm the only one with a runny stomach this morning. may you would like to feature a video of me running to the toilet on the home page of this website.

Please don't offer me any free food at steers since you won’t be seeing me for a long time. please don’t tell me to excuse this because it was early in the morning.

Not so kind regards,

Johan grobler

• Updated by Pieter007 · Jul 30, 2019

30 July 2019 Tuesday.Order 5 kingsteers burger.

Put all burger and chips in one bag.

When arrive at home only 4 burger in bag.

Very big dissapointment.

Pieter

• Updated by Belinda Du Toit · Jun 29, 2019

2nd time my order is late more than a hour and if you phone there is no answer 1st complaint haven't even been handled already a month now. Sweet stick on the orde from a month ago was burnt also. Its now 1.5 hours and stil no food. I already phoned 3 times and still no answer order was placed 18.30 its now 20.00

Annelie Claassen Jan 11, 2020

Worker sleeping on the job, no service. no personel available at sales counter.
    After great sleeps, he wakes up and drives off with no delivery lol!!! Where did he go ???...

Chineca Cloete Jan 06, 2020

Good day

I went to steers to get me lunch. I ordered a Mighty King Cmb. The patties on my burger were raw. It made me sick. I got a funny smell from the patties.

Kindest Regards

Chineca

• Mi
    Mitchelle E Nov 23, 2019

I ordered a meal burger and cup cake swirl ice cream the ice cream wasn't brought with me and I've been waiting for about 2 hours for the ice cream when I call the Philip nel park store no one picks the phone

• Ro
    Ronél v Wyk Nov 13, 2019

We had breakfast just now. As seen attached 1 piece of beacon en small slice of cheese in omelette for R45. Me and my husband think it is a riboff. We always stop at Ultra City N1 3 Sisters but in the future I think we will stop in Beaufort West.

Mrs
    R van Wyk

• Pa
    Pamella Rom Nov 02, 2019

I bought a king steer burger at Greenston shopping mall on the 25th of Oct. It tasted awful the patty was a bit off I had to dispose it. I could have returned it pity i lost the slip

• Gs
    Gstevens30 Oct 14, 2019

I'm Absolutely disgusted. Walked into Steers Lagos Ikeja and waited 45 minutes for 3 rib feasts at a cost of 15000 naira.

Was served a plate of stone cold ribs covered in curry sauce. What a joke. I complained, they refused to reimburse my money and the manager was nowhere to be seen.

I will never eat steers again purely out of principal.

• Wu
    wungi smith Oct 08, 2019

Really slow service, very disappointing as I used to buy from Glenwood Steers and that was the best burger in Durban. Will not return to New Germany.

• Re
    Rene Pietersen Oct 01, 2019

i am very disappointed with steers today received my order an hour and 20 minutes later after placing my order. if that is not bad enough the food was ice cold and the burger was very dry, nearly any sauce.

25/09/2019 - Rene Pietersen [protected]

• Ci
    Cindy Byleveldt Sep 29, 2019

I ordered a Cheeseboy King Steer Online meal on Saturday, 21/09 from Steers LifeStyle. I got food poisoning from the burger! Why is this acceptable?!?!?! This is not the first time I've ordered food there and it was horrible!!

• Za
    Zandile khumalo Sep 25, 2019

The food i bought at Engen Midrand Olympic Steers, everything was not fresh and the chips were dry too crispy

• Ga
    Gav123 Sep 07, 2019

I perched one of your Tex milkshakes today ended up throwing it away because I was unable to drink it due to the fact that both paper straws the large and the extra large straws that were supplied with the shake where inadequate to use. You obviously have not tested the straws with you shakes.

• Kh
    khutjo matladi Sep 02, 2019

I was not happy with the product that I recieved as I had only 1 slice of a small potion of tomato and no luttuce. The employees where busy preparing for tomorrows special and did not care for thier customers. I am an unhappy customer and do not think I will be purchasing a product from sunnypark steers as they have made me unhappy and unwelcome.

• Mk
    Mkhonto Aug 25, 2019

I bought the double rack ribs at Boulder's stores and when I got home this is what I got, only a few cut pieces of ribs, I always buy from steers the same product, seriously I'm so dissapointed and I feel like they took advantage of me or something...please I want to know if that's what you now call double rack ribs..

• Mo
    Mohlala Aug 25, 2019

On the 18 August 2019. I was helped by a lady called Philippine at Steers Pretorius street in Pretoria CBD. She does not have customer care and she is bitter and rude.

• Ca
    Carol Ford Aug 12, 2019

We purchased 2 chicken burgers, 1 cheeseburger and 3 small chips from Steers at Cresta Mall on the evening of 6 August 2019. The chips were revolting and tasted of old, stale oil. The cheeseburger consisted of a patty on a bun - no cheese, garnish or mayo! This was disappointing and definitely not up to usual standards.

• Ab
    Abdullah hoosain Aug 11, 2019

Me and my kids went to steers in vangate mall as we do every month end when I get paid we drove all the way from bishop lavis only to be told our order can't be placed because they don't have change very disappointed was I and my children it should not be the customers problem if you don't have change

• Fr
    Francois Theron Aug 11, 2019

This is the chips that you get at Steers at the Engen in Upington.
    I dont want any freebies, you just wont see me again.

• Ab
    abdullah1 Aug 10, 2019

Me and my kids went to steers in vangate mall standing in along line i was told by the cashier that my order could not be placed becouse they dont have change i dont think that must become he custemers problem very disapointed

• Un
    Unhappy Shawn Aug 10, 2019

I bought 6 patties today, steers 100% beef patties, what a oily fattie desaster

You guys must advertise Steers 30% fat and oil and the rest beef, and patties shrink by 30% after grilled

See attached photos

• Pi
    Pieter007 Aug 05, 2019

Theusday 30 Jyly 2019 order 5 Kingsteers Burgers meals.They put all x5 burgers in one bag with chips and cooldrinks.

They did make it impossible to check.Went arrive at home only 4 burgers in bag.

A big dissapointment.

Pieter

• Mi
    MILIE96 Jul 31, 2019

I went to Hammanskraal Steers and ordered wacky Wednesday beef..and this is what i got

It was chicken not well cooked.lettuce was so old

I waited for an hour for this then i got this

Nobesuthu83 Jul 07, 2019

Please see the photo and the slip attached.

• Be
    Belinda Du Toit Jul 07, 2019

Receive food after 8 was ordered at 18.30. Just to be disappointed no sweet sticks as per order tied to phone store still no answer. See photos attached. This is really not acceptable serbice. Im very disappointed i even tried debonairs next to steers and also no answer so how must one sort problems or complaint if they dont even answer the phone

• Je
    Jean-mari Uren Jul 07, 2019

Its been an hour an a half and I still have not received my food. This is not the first time this happens. Driver gives the manager the fault and the manager the driver. Steers has been going downhill with delivering food the past 6 months. This is becoming really a big problem lately. I will not support Steers Kuruman EVER again!

• Th
    Thande Jun 12, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Thandekile in Durban Bellair. I placed an order and paid online on Wednesday 5 June 2019. My order wasn't delivered I phoned Steers Glenwood and the lady said its too far. I have paid already for my order how am I going to get my money back please advise.

[email protected]

• Ka
    kaajal singh May 19, 2019

I ordered through the online app. My food was delivered half an hour after the requested time, it was the wrong order and it was cold. I will not be supporting this franchise any longer.

• Ba
    Barthlo Apr 30, 2019

Your service at Tokai western cape branch was pathetic. Staff arguing with me around other clients and want to make clever remarks. I'll never spend another cent of my money with your business, I'll rather go to KFC and McDonald's.

• Na
    Nastasha Dec 12, 2018

my beef pitta burger was raw!!! almost no cheese on the fries and it definitely was not medium sized more like small. absolutely disgusted i will be going o hello peter if this does not get resolved.
    I have pictures to prove it.
    I really am so disgusted when i saw the raw patty i immediately started feeling nausea's

• Am
    Amg5 Nov 11, 2018

It was very disgusting how they can even call themselves steers i baught 3 wacky wensdys and geuss what the burger looked like a spar roll or pick n pay im disgusted by how that burger even looked when i got home

• Za
    Zamaphemba Ntuli Oct 15, 2018

Hi,

I ordered on sunday and they said they don't have my order and asked them to cancel. I then decided to order something else and they called and said they don't deliver where I stay however on the website it says they deliver and have to pay R15 for delivery. I need my money since I didn't receive my order.

• Je
    Jessica Bezuidenhout Sep 20, 2018

We are regular clients and placed an order to be delivered a mere 8km from aliwal north on a farm. They deliver here o a weekly basis. The driver could not find the farm and thereafter our order was confinetly cancelled. This was our last business with steers.

• Pa
    Palesa Ramoshu Sep 18, 2018

I order food from Steers Jabulani mall at 17h00 and now it's 1h44min later nothing. When I called the store several times no answer. I called customer service and I was put on hold for minutes. Where is my food?

Palesa Ramoshu
    [email protected]

• Ta
    Tanja Juries Sep 18, 2018

Me and my friend went to go buy ×2 Rib Burgers on the 6 September 2018 just after 1pm at Steers Golden Acre. Both our rib patties were raw and our appetite were completely spoiled after a few bites. We could not return the burgers because it was during our lunch hour which took up most of our time to go to. Pictures attached.

• Cr
    Craig Jacobs Sep 10, 2018

Hi. I just bought a rib burger at Steers Capegate and they put no lettuce or tomatoe on. Manager Victoria took the burger back threw lettuce and tomatoe on and gave it back to me. How wrong it just doesnt feel right now I dont feel like eating it anymore. My order number was 65 Date 01 09 2018. The service is really crappy at this Steers

• Be
    Bebster Sep 05, 2018

I ordered 2hours ago 3 wacky wednesday for delivery. after the 2 hours i phoned. they said they never recorded my order. steers at engen garage queenstown are very unproffesional. they don't take it serious at all. last time they forgot to put chips in my rib burger combo and i had to go back and tell them.

• Ga
    Galima Sep 05, 2018

I just came from you outlet in Bethlehem what a bad experience I waited patiently for my food as it was busy at you outlet got my food thanks but really disappointed in the quality chicken had a bad smell chips was over cooked and dull I hope for you and myself that me and my family do not get sick my order Nr was 353 inv 985662

• Ti
    Tishatjies Sep 01, 2018

I ordered at 10H24 and got the order at 10H55. It was a king steer meal and a cheese burger meal with a chocolate milkshake and the order was wrong they gave me a coke and I requested a fanta orange.

Bad service!!! Very unhappy!

Christopher Lee Wiesner Sep 01, 2018

I just purchased Rav burgers to find that both burger is rotten please steers sort the franchise at engen germiston in Refinery rd I'll never buy burgers here again

• St
    Stephan Evans Aug 29, 2018

I drove all the way hungry to the closest steers and when I got back to the office it was only a piece of chicken and macon on with bit feta. Where is my guacamole

• Mo
    Monique Erasmus Aug 21, 2018

I went to steers in walker drive, port elizabeth yesterday and was extremely disappointed that the hero rolls looked nothing like the picture. It was on a hot dog roll which if I had known, I would have never bought. Its something I could have made at home myself.