Steak 'n Shake Enterprises / discrimination

Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:

Today, Monday, January 15th 2018 I went into the Evanston Location. The guy whom interviewed me flat out did not even won't to shake my hand. Being an African American Lesbian Female honestly my feelings were hurt. You could tell by the shift and every word said was hesitant coming out of his mouth. At the end he lied and said they would look over my resume then went on to saying he will have to decline my offer. The offer I never accepted or given to accept. Everything about the interview was discrimination and while at my lowest trying to find a job that hurts.

• Updated by Jen1993, Jan 15, 2018

I’m an lesbian female as said. Appears to be a “stud” in the relationship... dressed appropriate, advanced experience and more than customer-friendly. Seems like I went in a little to customer-friendly seeing that he couldnt even shake my hand.

• Updated by Jen1993, Jan 15, 2018

I was dressed in a white button up and brown dress pants black shoes, professional no piercings or anything.. not sure what you are even talking about. It was discrimination as I said.

Je
Jan 15, 2018

Comments

•   Jan 15, 2018

He could see you were black and female, but lesbian? Isn’t that a little bit prejudiced to assume they don’t want you because you’re gay? Do you have experience? Dress properly? Appear customer-friendly?

•   Jan 15, 2018

So you dressed as a top? Jeans, boots, short hair, piercing, etc? Maybe he saw you dressed as butch and felt you'd not fit in. You can't assume and should have asked him why

•   Jan 16, 2018

So people know you’re a lesbian by looking? If you feel you were discriminated against, file a complaint.