The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

State Farm Insurance / No rental car provided

1 United States Review updated:

My car was parked in a parking lot- one of there insured hit my car in the side -my car has a dent in the door-Its still drivable-it has a dent in the door. State Farm wants to total my car -make me get a salvage title- it has a dent in the door-because my car is a1991 Chevy Corisa- because its an older car -I need my car to go to work-never married-have no children - I need my car-why can't they send me a check to get the dent in the door fixed-instead of making me go through all this unnecessary crap. They won't give me a rental car while the dent is being fixed-it's like I'm being punished and I didn't do anything. It's my car. Why and how can they do this to people- I don't have insurance with them and it's like nobody will help me. Please help me.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Pa
      4th of Apr, 2008
    0 Votes


    I have paid auto and home insurance with State Farm for over 25 years. Had very few claims.The first time I get hit in the rear end sitting at a stop light and was injured badly. Of coarse, they refuse to pay for my medical bills. The car that hit me was also insured with State Farm.
    I am expected to pay or sue them myself for the injuries I have incured from that accident. I have had to have a disk fused in my neck because of the accident, over $50, 000 dollars in Dr. bills, if I lose it will cost me about $10, 000 out of my pocket if I take it to court and lose, or over $50, 000 out of my pocket.
    This is absolutly unacceptable that this insurance company won't pay my bills. I have been left with a 25% disability besides them not not paying my hospital and Dr. bills. There should be laws against them that cost them if they don't cover the person insured when it is not their fault.

  • Jo
      6th of Jul, 2008
    0 Votes

    Note to Linda S. Jolly ...

    The first thing that you have to do is call a Salvage Yard, and ask them if they have a door that will match your Make and Model car. On a Liability Policy, the company has the option of Repairs or Replacement up to the ACV of the vehicle. If the salvage door is less than the "Total Loss" ... you don't need to get a salvage title. You just buy the door. Then have some body shop hang it on the car. It might need some paint on that door to match the rest of the car. Door, plus labor, plus paint is the extent of your claim.

    That should not be a total loss, unless the door pillar, roof panel, or rocker panel under the door, is buckled. If you have any other old damage on the car that you never got fixed, those amounts get subtracted from the Book Value of the car.

    Imagine having a $10 bill in your hand, and burning it with a match. That's a TOTAL LOSS, and you don't get Car Rentals to go to the bank, or to work, to get another $10 bill.

  • Jo
      6th of Jul, 2008
    0 Votes

    Note to Patricia Smith ...

    If you have a Police Report that says you were stopped at the traffic light ... for a period of time ... and the other car hit you in the rear ... it's an open and shut case for any Jury. You'll win.
    The hospital records, and doctors bills are what counts. You need to CONSULT with an attorney and see what he says. No attorney will be charging you anything to file suit in your case; he will take a fee if he wins. If he loses, he eats those costs. Read the Yellow Pages where attorneys say just exactly that.

  • Ma
      20th of Feb, 2009
    0 Votes

    I can't believe what I am reading I am also with state farm auto insurance and I have my daughter signed up under my auto insurance and she has full coverage with them and they also are doing her wrong she was in an accident last Jan 08 and they didnot offer us really any info and she has a lot of neck and back pain and the co.would not finish paying for the physical theraphy because the driver of this delivery service did not have insurance so now my daughter has a bill with the physical theraphy office that she was going to and they did not tell her that she had a limited time that she could be going to the theraphy dr. I do believe that my Daughter and I will be looking for a NEW INSURANCE CO.

  • Wp
      31st of Mar, 2010
    0 Votes

    Your own insurance company is not responsible for your injuries unless the other's driver does not have adequate liability insurance. You should have a coverage called uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If you do not have this, your policy won't pay.

  • Th
      11th of Feb, 2011
    0 Votes

    Everyone's grammer has me wondering if there is a lot more to these stories...

  • Se
      30th of Dec, 2011
    0 Votes

    Here's a novel idea...send your medical bills to your MEDICAL insurance and not your AUTO insurance..

Post your comment