State Farm / dragging out payment forever & losing title

1407 N Veterans Pkwy Ste 21, Bloomington, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (309) 662-3456

My Mom's jeep was struck from the side by a woman who was also insured by State Farm. It took State Farm over ONE YEAR to pay the claim, which was insufficient to repair her Jeep which had full coverage insurance at the time. To make matters worse, they claimed to the DMV, that the vehicle was totaled in the accident and that they took possesion of the vehicle and destroyed it, so once we did fix it, it was nearly impossible to re-register. It took nearly another SIX more months of their bureaucratic nonsense, in order to get the title back on a car that my Mom owned outright, I actually got angry enough to insinuate to the State Farm adjuster, that if she didn't take care of the mistake, the car would be stolen and driven through the side city hall, and she could have the privilege of explaining how a car they allegedly took posseion of and destroyed, ended up there. After that, I had a supplimental check and a new free-and-clear title 3-days later sent by certified mail. State Farm was certainly no neighbor I'd ever want!

Comments

• 42
      23rd of Sep, 2014

COMPANY OVERVIEW
    Code of Conduct
    At State Farm®, we take our shared value of integrity
    very seriously. To communicate our 2013 Code of Conduct, our Chairman
    and CEO Ed Rust, Jr. shared the following with all associates:

Every day each of us makes choices where integrity,
    honesty, and trustworthiness come into play. These are hard-to-measure
    qualities, but they're priceless when it comes to customer confidence in
    what we do and how we do it.

It's important that we know this about each other and that our customers know this about us

At State Farm, not only do we do what is legal, but we also do what is right.

State Farm is nothing more than a government sub-contractor for ripping people off and phuking
    them over in any way feasible to make a buck!!!