State Bank Of India / regarding transaction right

India Review updated:
Myself is Inspector Abhinav. I have an saving account at SRINAGAR Branch, DELHI No. [protected]. Nearly three weeks ago I have applied for Internet Banking. They gave me the user name and password for the same but till now they haven't give me the transaction right online. I visited the branch couple of time but no avail. My brother has an account in ICICI bank from the last five years but till date he hasn't seen his branch office. All his works has done online. That is the main differences between the private and public sector banks. My view is that all public sector banks should be made private. Then there is a smooth functioning of the banks.

N  6th of Jun, 2007 by
I opened a saving Bank account in State Bank of India Biplabi Anukul Chandra street branch Kolkata on 19/3/07 vide a/c no1932 against production of my international passport as address proof. The bank sent a letter to me by speed post on 21/3/07 vide speed post no EE 504863827 IN containing intimation to collect the cheque book.But the same letter was not delivered till to day.We made inquiries at BowBazar post office and submitted a letter also about non delivery of letter but the same is unresponded till yet. On the other hand SBI is not issuing me the cheque book on the plea that I do not reside at the given address.
N  6th of Jun, 2007 by
Really? I dunno, I thought it comes by default with the savings account. That's how I got it for my account. Maybe you ought to re-check with them or something.
A  29th of May, 2008 by
we have to wait 2 to 3 hours to save the amount in our account
if any one in hurry so how can he save the amount

State Bank of India [SBI] Logo State Bank of India [SBI]