08:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Staples / won't refund my money

Tl Review updated:
Phone: 949-448-4120

Purchased $1K+ of office supplies and a new printer on March 8, 2012. Delivery scheduled for March 13, 2012. Delivery guy NEVER showed up but said he did and that I wasn't home. I was home waiting and waiting. Received an automated call in the afternoon rescheduling my delivery for four days later because I wasn't available to receive delivery of printer. I called the number in the message and told them I was home. LONG story short, the Staples associates never returned my calls when I left messages. When I did speak with them, they promised me I would get my refund - we're talking $754.24. I talked to a supervisor on April 20th who "promised" the check would be cut on April 23, 2012 and sent to me OVERNIGHT. Well, it's April 25, 2012, and STILL NO REFUND. Staples has had my money for almost two months and they won't give it back, despite me canceling the order and NEVER TAKING DELIVERY OF THE PRINTER.
Staples, you should be ashamed of your business practices. I will NEVER shop in your store again!!!

Comments

• Tl
      26th of Apr, 2012

$754.24 - printer return...kept the other office supplies (toner cartridges were kept because I purchased the same printer unit from Costco and had delivery the next day at no charge)

Follow up: got a call from Staples this morning - first call back WOW - despite Myron at corporate telling me on 4-20-12 that the refund check would be cut on 4-23 and sent overnight, the check has still not been issued, according to corporate. Why? "Staples shuts down its return check issuances (exact word used) during the last week of the month - You're going to have to wait a couple of more weeks!"

• Gr
      4th of May, 2012

Wow that crazy...they are obviously just holding your money as long as they can to collect interest on it. It does not take 2 months to issue out a refund cheque, they are def [censored]ing you around.