Standard Chartered / termination of loan account

Philippines
In july, I was able to fully pay my loan with standard chartered bank, with the intention of terminating the loan account. I called thier customer service to get the exact amount and was informed of a pre-terminating fee. Just so, to close it, I agreed to pay for the principal and the pre-terminating fee. Total amount given to me was 71, 165.00.

The customer representative even told me that I could pay for it on or before july 25, which explains why I paid 60, 000 in july 12 and the balance of 11, 165 in july 23.

Feeling that everything has been settled and that it is already closed, I didn’t bother to read thoroughly the statement of account you have been sending to me come september and october. Only last night when my husband told me, you didn’t close your loan account yet, evidenced by a “total payment due” which amounted to 56, 260.85 which is due on october 19, 2008.

To prove him wrong, I called thier customer service and talked to eric castillo. He then told me that my loan account is still active and that I didn’t request for a termination. This pissed me off considering that a lot of money is involved here and not just coins.

He then asked me the name of the person whom I talked to regarding my request to terminate it. He was asking me something that happened 4months ago. I find it irrelevant now, as if you will analyze my account, and work back to july. Figures would suggest that the amount I paid was the exact amount to terminate my account for that month. The amount, which was given to me by thier customer representative. I wouldn’t have known the exact amount had I not called their customer service with the pre-termination fee at that. He even asked me for the exact time and day I called.

Eric castillo told me that since I didn’t request it to be terminated; computations will be based on the current month, which will require me again to pay for more that I already paid for.

It just dosnt make sense. Why would I pay for that a big amount if I didnt want it terminated? I would have just paid for it on a monthly basis.

They earned from me with the interest & pre-terminating fee I paid, & now they want me to pay again so that they will terminate it this time. So unfair.

Standard Chartered Bank Logo Standard Chartered Bank