Standard Chartered Bank / complaint of credit card of standard chartered bank
We are using credit card no. [protected] of standard Chartered Bank in the name of Suresh Sharma with Add-on card No. [protected]. The card was in regular use for a long time and all the purchases made were being paid off in time. But suddenly from January-2007, the bank started to charge some unjustified and unsubstantiated charges in the nature of finance charges and service charges. On contacting to the customer care, we were always assured that these are due to the system problem and will be waived off in the next time. But we were surprised to see that these charges were not waived off instead bank has charged further charges in the same shape. After contacting to the customer care again, We were again assured that these will be adjusted in your next statement.Although we were making payments for the purchases made. But the bank was adjusting the payments made proportionately to the different cards and that's why the balance was outstanding in our card account.
Now the position is this that inspite of all the principal payments made, the bank has made a big outstanding in card account in the shape of finance charges & Interest & Service Charges thereon. still we are using the card & making the payments of the purchases made but the bank is adjusting these payments proportionately to outstanding amounts of other add on cards resulting in an outstanding of big amount.Althoug all the payments are being made. we are not at any fault because at all the statment time, I was being assured by the customer care of the bank regarding the waive off of the charges in next statement.
In view of above, you are requested to please take up the matter with above bank and arrange to reverse all the unjustified and unsubstantiated amount charged in the bill to sort out the matter.
Wg. Cdr. Raj Dhanoa (Retd.)
Safari Bikes Limited
Focal Point, Ludhiana (India)
Ph. [protected] to 5012519
More Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Standard Chartered Bank - worst bank ever! 
- Standard Chartered Bank UAE - unjustified deduction from account 
- Standard Chartered Bank - India - fraud, then excuse we are sorry! 
- Standard Chartered - fraud
- Standard Chartered Bank - scam documents 
- Standard Chartered Bank - manhattan credit card
- [Resolved] Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia - very bad of you
- Standard Chartered Bank - delay of opening an acount
- Standard Chartered Bank - pakistan / customer service response
- Standard Chartered - horrendous service and practices