Stainsafe / StainSafe warranty is a rop off!!

Montreal, Qu├ębec, Canada Review updated:
I bought a warranty from StainSafe and I am having a ton of problems trying to get some service. Each time I call the number, I wait forever. I faxed the documents they asked for, and each time I call back they mention that they are missing a document. I faxed what they are missing, but then they say they don't have the document I faxed the first time.

Basically the problem is that I leaned on the dining room table I bought 2 years ago, and one of the supports under the table came loose. But I can't get any service from StainSafe!

Bootom line: it's been 3 weeks since I filed the first claim, and nobody has contacted me. They just keep saying that they don't have all the documents, that the store where I bought the furniture should contact them. The store told me that they don't have anything to do with this claim, it is between me and StainSafe. The store sent them one copy of the warranty and gave me the other copy.

StainSafe is a rip off company, they should not be in business. Never buy warranty from StainSafe! I certainly will never again buy a warranty from StainSafe!
Lm

Comments

Ja
  21st of Jul, 2009
I have the same problem. Since Stainsafe Of Canada is out business, the Furniture Store that sold you the warranty is responsible for the the damage. Check up your province Consumer Protect Act.
Ma
  17th of Feb, 2010
The Ministry of Consumer Services Ontario, says "NO, the store is not responsible", your only recourse is with the Bankruptcy Trustee, , and since Stainsafe reportedly owes more than two million, forget it.

Cheers