Complaints & Reviews

Worry-No-More and StainSafe are the same company!

The Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan is the same company as StainSafe. They have the same telephone number: [protected].

I purchase a leather sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Macy's Department Store in September 2006. With this furniture I purchase a 7 year warranty with Worry-No-More to cover stains. In March 2007, I noticed a red ink mark on the leather sofa and tried the leather cleaning product to remove the stain. Unfortunately, the stain did not come off. I called Macy's Department Store and scheduled a time for a cleaning service to come to my house to clean the stain. I asked that the time not be in the morning but the afternoon and to call me on my cell phone to confirm my appointment . When I get my confirmation the call it is on my voice mail at home and the time is for the morning. I call Macy's to let them know the morning was not a good time and I would have to reschedule. In the meantime, I visit the Macy's Department store where I purchased the furniture and talk with the sales rep who sold me the furniture. I tell him everything about trying to get my sofa cleaned. He tries to help me by calling the Worry-no-More people. They tell him they cannot honor my warranty because I let the 10 days lapse before calling in my claim. This is not true. Then they say because I really did not know how the stain got on the sofa, that I was guessing how it happened, they could not clean it. They gave me a lot of bogus reasons for them to not honor the warranty. So I call Macy's again, and of course, they send me back to StainSafe. My outcome right now is I have written Macy's about this company and I still have my stain.

John Doe Apr 29, 2007

You have a stainsafe warranty, you went to Macy's for repair, why? You pushed yourself out of the time frame. Any damage done to your furniture, you must only contact your warranter. Why you contacted Macy's is beyond any normal thinking...

• Je
    Jennifer Fahmy Aug 29, 2007

Stainsafe is a fraudulent company who doesn't like to honor there warranty's. I am going through the same thing. Maybe if all the people who have problems with them contacted the attorney general maybe something can be done about this. Good luck.

• Di
    diane irons Aug 31, 2007

I called stain safe and I received the same treatment. My sofa has burn holes and they told me that my warranty had expired that i waited to long to report my damage. This is a total scam when you buy a protection plan you should get what you paid for. I am going up to Value City Department Store were I purchased my furniture. I will complain but I have a feeling it will be a waste of my time.

• Ku
    Kuroneko Sep 10, 2007

I have had nothing but headaches from the Stainsafe company, I had something similar happen only it was my 3 year old who got ahold of a ball point pen and decided my $2000 couch was a canvas, it took them 4 months to get a tech out here to look at it, he said he cannot get ink off of Microfiber and had requested the whole Sectional be replaced. About 2 weeks later I get a letter of denial in the mail for the Ink saying it is considered "Normal wear and tear" I about hit the roof, called Stainsafe and they told me they could not tlak about it on the phone and that I had to fax in a Letter of Dispute, which I did. I finally got a letter in the mail today stating that they are refusing me servicd until I get the couch cleaned by a professional. This time I called American SIgnature to find out what was going on and if they were alowed to bget away with something like that, the Office Manager I spoke with told me he would call them and ask waht was going on and call me back, which he did. He tells me that until I get the couch cleaned they will not honor the warranty I had purchased at which point I told the Manager I was going to deliver my couches back to the store and get the 2k back for them or he was going to refund the 200 I had paid for the Warranty, at which point he starts telling me theres no way they can refund anything as it has been 7 months since I bought the couches. At which point I told him that we can either do it my way or we end the conversation now and the next he hears from me will be my attorney, At which point he goes well how about this" I write you a check for the full amount of the Warranty purchase and that will be that, you will no longer have a Warantty" I said thats fine, thats all I wanted in the first place. He says he will have the check next Wednesday and will mail it out to me. We will see what happens with that.
    I suggest anybody who is having problems with Stainsafe calls whoever they purchsed the warranty from and demand a refund.

• Lo
    louis leoni Oct 13, 2007

Worry no more is a ripoff and macys is starting to see it. I am having a problem with them. Their main goal is not to give anyone anything. If you read their warranty the first time it seem ok you must read it very closely and you will know it is a scam before you ever contact them.

• Ta
    Tarsha D Nov 05, 2007

I totally agree with you all on this. This service is such a damn scam. I purchase it on a cherry wood dining room set plus my sofa and they will not honor my warranty they said that I had to report the damages to them with in 14 days of the damage and then they would fix it.

• Mi
    Mick Colangula Dec 13, 2007

I bought a couch at Macy's about 1.5 years ago. The couch has taken a beating for many reasons, one of which is my cat. He threw up on it when I was away and it left a stain. He also has his claws which has caused many small tears. I have not yet called StainSafe because I want to be sure of my coverage before giving them a chance to turn me down. I know already that it won't be easy because I have been searching the internet to find nothing but complaints about them. I did make an annonymous call to Macy's to ask if they thought I was covered and they sounded like I was bothering them. Their customer service is TERRIBLE! I already have a sour taste in my mouth. SCAM. I recommend NOT BUYING FROM MACY"S at all.

jason mcsteen Dec 19, 2007

So... I just got home from work at a Macy's furniture gallery. I was "Let go" because I did not sell enough "WORRY NO MORE" in my first month at work there. Less than 8% of my items to be exact. The manager said that "we were not a good fit" and that "we needed to end our relationship." Any salesperson that sells the company required 50%+ has a nightmare on there hands due to the furious customers, and complaints resulting in the unfulfilled protection (INSURANCE). Macy's keeps all the revenue of the "Worry no more" sales. Then if there is a claim they contract out to "Stainsafe" to handle the paperwork and in home service. Meanwhile placing hurdles and small print exclusions in the way of paying a claim or replacing the item. The brochures look nice though right?! You won't be rpped off from Americas retail store right?!! Hmmm... the percentage of "Worry no more" items sold in the store is talked about more by the management than the stores daily sales volume. It is how they are reviewed along with two other units of measurement. Number two is how many "Macy's accounts" are opened. Number three is there on line survey about your experience in the store. The "Worry no more" program (Scam) is 100% profit because there is no cost to the retail store. Especially if they (and they do) find ways and reason not to pay out on a claim. If an insurance company pulled this they would be up on the Hill sitting in front of some Congressional Committee. What you are buying when you buy "Worry no more" is simply insurance. I happen to be a qualified and experienced furniture salesman that grew up in the industry and love furniture. I had never worked for a major department store before and I am honestly disgusted by there operation. They preach "Integrety Always" on the walls and then mislead consumers, pressure store managers and measure sales personnel by the amount of insurance being sold under a marketing campaign called "Worry no more". If a customer destroys or damages an item and it was at no fault to the retailer or manufacturer, wouldn't a business just simply want to sell them a replacement. Or is it better to pre sell an idea that Americas retailer has a nice piece of ocean front property in Arizona? Oh yeah and its REAL REAL CHEAP!!!

sue potts Dec 30, 2007

Glad to hear Im not the only one who is having trouble with stain safe and there so call warranty. Have dog drool on my leather recliner, called stain safe and they will not honor my warranty. Have sent them everything the have asked for pictures, copies of the warranty papers, sales receipt. I am now fixing to dispute this process and if it gets me nowwhere at least I have made someone work a little extra harder and taken a little more of there time, they are total bogus and are just taking peoples money if there is anyone out there whom may have a solution to this problem Please contact me

• Pe
    Peggy Fields Jan 15, 2008

Submit your complaint to the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org

• Cr
    Crystal Padilla Jan 15, 2008

Stain Safe has been giving me the run around since 1/20/06. I was moving my couches to vaccum and place the couch down on the side to clean, the couch gave way and has been disformed every since. Now in 2008 I continue to pursue my reimbursment. My most recent attempt included my written request being mailed back to me undeliverable. I don't understand how they can get away with this! Frustrated!

Sujit Prusti Feb 03, 2008

I completely agree becuase I have also same experience.

Also their web site http://www.worry-no-more.com is not up any more.

woory-no-more is a scam.

• Ci
    Cindy Miller Feb 10, 2008

StainSafe is a ridiculous company!!! I have a 1.5 year old leather reclining sofa. It got a tear in it and I contacted them for repair. The first furniture repair company set and broke 3 repair visits. I called StainSafe again and was assigned a new repair company. This company authorized a replacement sofa. Now StainSafe is trying to get out of replacing my sofa with the biggest run-around of excuses that you can imagine. This has been going on now for 3.5 months. I am NOT done fighting this battle. I can be a pretty squeaky wheel.

Jacqueline Aguilera Feb 27, 2008

I feel everybodies STRESS and FRUSTRATION here. I have had so many TEARS fall from my eyes dealing with both MACY"S and STAINSAFE. Worry no more my #@*!*. I purchased a leather living room set (each piece was sold seperately) from RobinsonsMay when they weere going out of business and when doing so I was sooooo happy because it was the dream set I had been looking for for about 2 years. The sales person sold me with this great selling point such as they have this great 7 year warrnty that will protect your expensive investment from any damage. oh yeah the big selling point was if you have children this will protect you from the things that may happen such as holes, spills yada yada yada..etc. Well right before the manufactures warranty was up i realized there was a tiny (minute) pin hole so I immediately tried to contact Robinsons but they had went out of business so i called Stainsafe and by the time they did there things and contacted me back 3 months had past which meant my manufactures warrnty expired and I had no choice but to deal with them. Later after more time (another 3 months) passes I finally got them to say that a tech would come out. A tech comes out and states there is a hole (no longer pinhole now about a inch) which looks like defect and cannot be repaired. After about 10 calls to them finally get a letter stating that they can not repair the problem so I need to get a replacement of this coach BUT Macys no longer sales this item. They states that I can't go anywhere for this item and I can't have any other technician besides theirs fix this item. So yes they issue a letter stating that i can get a new coach but only to the value of what I paid for the leather coach that I got on sale. So if I do that I will no longer have a living room set. I will have a mixed match living room set. Asked if they can replace all pieces. No. I called back several times with alternative thoughts and each one shot down. I finally speak to a guy from Macys that said if I get the new couch then I got to give the damaged one back and I will no longer have the extended warrnty and now have a mixed match living room still. Then he stated that I could get the buy back which they would give me 80 some $ and then I could keep my damaged couch which was ok after I found someone that could fix the tear. So I called to see if I could get that check issued so i can apply it to fixing my broken couch and then was told had to call STAINSAFE. I called STAINSAFE some women states that I was told about the buyback incorrectly. she explained something to me that was kinda good after I understood it. She stated that with that letter I could go get a new couch from MACYS even though it did not match at least I had something new AND that I could participate in the BUYBACK which meant that since i got the new couch my matching dameged couch was now theirs but I could buy it back from them for X amount of $. I said ok at least I felt that was fir so she stated that she would transfer me to the BUY BACK dept. Got that dept and I was told that this offer did not apply to me since I bought my couch from MACYS. Also was told that Macys does not have that offer and that I better hurry and buy a new couch with that letter because MACYS only ackowledges that letter for 90 days even though StainSafe ackowledges it for 9 month. I was told that because I only have the letter with no buyback I have to deal with Macys and see if they can help. I then called MACYS and they stated that they could not help me at all because my manufactures warrnty ran out so I asked about how that guy at MACYS told me about the 80$ buy back and how STAINSAFE told me the same thing. They then stated that they don't know why they told me about the buy back they never heard of MACYs ever having this and basically said my only option is to keep the damged sofa or go buy another sofa and then I would end up with a mixed match set. So all together I get burned because if I buy the new couch they will apply the sale price I paid for the 1st one BUT they will take the damaged one and I will end up with a living room set that I paid alot of $ for but now will not match and I will have no more extended insurance. Or the next option is I keep the damaged sofa pay more $ for it to get fixed on top of the price I already paid for it plus the extended warranty and have no more insurance. So help me if I am wrong why did I pay for a warranty???? If I was never lied to about this warrnty I would have NEVER purchase it. STAINSAFE/WORRY NO MORE along with MACYS are all FULL of DODO. Does anyone no how to take actions against them???? Should I contact a lawyer???? PLEASE help..

• Ci
    Cindy Miller Feb 28, 2008

Hi, I am hoping I am finally getting somewhere. I went online to the Better Business Bureau of East Floriday (they are located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL). I filed a complaing (you can do it online). Within 2 days I received a call from a lady named Simone who offered me a couple of options. We settled that I would receive a check for 55% of my orig. purhcase price and could keep my sofa. (We bought it orig. in IN and live in SC now, this was a problem for them). She told me a letter would come in the mail with the offer of the money. The letter came 2 days ago, we signed it and got it notorized yesterday and I am sending it back to them today. After that, I am supposed to get a check. We'll see.....
    I would suggest going on line to the Better Business Bureau and doing the complaint. Businesses HATE it when people file against them there. Good luck!

• Kj
    kjb Mar 17, 2008

I agree, I paid for these warranty as well.

Jonathan Radin Apr 07, 2008

Let us throw our ring in the hat regarding this terrible company as well. We were hard sold the warranty by Macy's and given the glossy brochure that states all the wonderful attributes and none of the fine print. It made a lot of sense since we were expecting our first child. We forked over the money and were hustled into quickly signing the documents with out being given any information about the fine print. This was very misleading!

When our son was sick this last weekend he urinated on the couch while sleeping. We tried to call the company several times over the weekend right after this happened. There was no answer or an immediate busy signal. We had no choice but to try and clean up the mess since it smelled and was leaving a huge stain. Big mistake. The company told us on Monday morning that since we tried to clean up the urine soaked couch we would not receive any coverage. Does that make any sense! We are supposed to let a couch soaked in pee just sit all weekend and however many days it would have taken them to come out? I did file a complaint with the BBB but I bet that since we didn't follow the fine print we are screwed.

Just let us warn anyone out there, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE WARRANTY!!! YOU WILL NEED THE MONEY LATER TO PAY FOR ANY REPAIRS OR SERVICE!

• Do
    Donald Roelle Apr 22, 2008

Stainsafe is a ripoff. They play games. You did not report the damage within 10 days, on and on and on. They have no intent on making good their warranty. And Macy's should loose all of their business for pushing Stainsafe as a credible warranty. They know full well they are not reliable and that people that purchase the Keep that Stain Warranty, will do just that.
    Go back to the locationthat you purchased your item, and act like an idiot. They treated you like one. Bet they dont like loosing the business while you sit there and act like a disgruntled customer. Caveat Emptor. No, let the seller beware!

ROB May 03, 2008

PEOPLE!
    This is very simple. READ YOUR CONTRACTS AND WARRANTEES!
    It is very clear how many days you have to report an issue. DONE. It is very clear what is covered and what isn't. DONE. IF you don't like the rules don't play the game, don't buy the policy. Don't buy the furniture from the store.You can't get mad (well maybe alittle) at a sales person that lists the benifits of an extended wearrantee policy without listing all the details. What he told you was true( unless he flat out lied or stretched it) It will do what he discribed if followed properly. It will save you a lot of money but it has rules that need to be followed. We do the service for these policies. We fix/clean tons of stuff that would have been trashed. BUT you need to follow the rules. Life is game with rules, you can't cheat and expect to win. A couple rules. 1 Stores go out of business and there is no recourse. You could have paid for every stitch of the furniture on Monday and they close on Friday and you are out of luck. 2 A salesmans job is to sell, he/she are going to leave out the details its up to you to fill in the blanks.
    3 The reason EVERYTHING we do has pages and pages of dos and don'ts, rules and regs, ifs and buts, is so that when somebody who is going to care about something at sometime yells, , , , The other person can say "We told you about this on page 2000 paragraph 4 section 8 sub paragraph B. Didn't you read the information youy were given? This is where they give you that helpful smile that shows "Of course you didn't, , , , but you could have. MY TWO CENTS. PS Disregard this if you weren't given any paperwork, with the exception of the rule which states . 4 "You may have to ask for the information if it wasn't given to you. Its just common sense . Since you wanted it, and think you might use it, considering you just paid extra for it. But thats just me

• Ad
    Adam E. Rowland Jul 18, 2008

I have a very good friend who is a contract lawyer. We are going ahead with a lawsuit, and we have a meticulous paper trail of every single letter, postcard, and a written record of who we talked to (mostly Monica Richardson at Stainsafe) and the excuse that was given.

Susan Olive Sep 09, 2008

I just called Worry No More today to report a cut in our leather ottoman. I was told that my description as a scratch instead of a cut voided the warranty from Worry No More. I explained that I was not an expert and let the repairman decide if the damage was a cut or scratch. They restated the repair is not covered and they refused to schedule the call. My only option after speaking to a supervisor is to email a picture and they will make a decision. Sounds like a lost cause after reading all the other complaints.

• He
    Herman Dec 18, 2008

Thanks to all of you for registering your complaints. Just purchasd furniture at Macy's and was told what a good deal "worry-no-more" was! Read your complaints and returned package to Macys. Macys sales people stated that worry no more was their old commpany and they had a new company, however, the package and literature all read "Worry-no-more".

• Do
    DonMontalvo Jan 02, 2009

I'm moving soon, and I just emailed the warranty company to see if I need to re-register for my coverage to be OK after my move. Should be receiving a response soon.

Folks, if you have complaints, why not file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)? Keep careful phone/mail/email records. You'll be surprised how effective the BBB can be, especially with these kinds of warranty issues.

Hopefully I won't have to complain, but I'm more than ready to. I've complained to the BBB on other occasions, as I'm very serious about protecting my rights on all purchases. Every single complaint was met with a call or letter from the company, and full cooperation leading to full satisfaction.

It's OK to vent on this site, but please do follow up with BBB.

Don Montalvo

• Ex
    extremely frustrated Jan 28, 2009

I totally agree. This is a total scam. Do not purchase the warranty from Macy's. You will only be out the money and have absolutely no protection. I would really like someone to explain to me what is actually covered, because it seems like they have an excuse for anything that you try to claim.

• Ki
    kiki1011 Feb 03, 2009

Worry No More is a total RIP-OFF! Everyone here is correct. I purchased a couch and a chair less than a year ago from Macy's. At the time of the purchase I had a young puppy who was still a little destructive. It was for this specific reason that I purchased the warranty...and told the salesperson that. I specifically said, "If my puppy does something to ruin the couch or chair, this warranty covers me?" She replied, "Absolutely." I did read the small print, and the warranty specifically states it covers "rips, tears, holes and burns." Okay, sounds pretty good. Naturally my puppy did scratch a small hole through the fabric and I immediately called Worry No More. I was told that yes, the warranty covers rips, tears, holes and burns...but not if it's done by a DOG! Are you kidding me? I'm so outraged by this whole situation, and the rude treatment I received by the representatives of Worry No More, that I absolutely intend to follow through on this and file a law suit. I suggest that everyone experiencing problems with this company do the same thing. If you don't have, or can't afford, an attorney, PLEASE go to the courthouse in your area and look into filing a small claims suit and represent yourself. This company will continue to scam people as long as they get away with it. We have to stop them! P.S. I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as suggested by an earlier commentor. I may even look into a segment on the news entitled "Shame on You." I really will not stop until I get satisfaction from this horrible, horrible company!

• Al
    ALB Mar 22, 2009

I completely agree with the previous post that states "Read your contract and warranty". We purchased our warranty over two years ago and just filed a claim recently on our coffee table that was scratched accidently by my son's friend. I called within the time frame (which was clearly stated by both the salesperson as well as the contract) and answered all of the representatives questions. Besides the scratches, I also reported bowing/warping of the wood on top of the table. They told me that bowing was not a covered warranty but that the scratches were. Within a few days, we received a post card with a scheduled service date. That date did not work for me so I called the number on the card and had the service rescheduled without any problems. The service tech arrived as scheduled and determined the damages were not reparable. Within two weeks, we got a call from the warranty department stating that since the coffee table was no longer available that we had a credit of $40o dollars available towards the purchase of a new one. AS SIMPLE AS THAT! We were completely satisfied with every step of the process and nothing was misrepresented. I think it is unfair and ridiculous that so many of you are calling the warranty a scam just because you did not read the contract before making your claim. Also, let's say that your "accident" was beyond the time frame needed for approval, how in the world would they know they that unless you tell them. FOLLOW THE RULES and everything should work out, as was our experience.

jorcsa Apr 01, 2009

I had a bad experience with Worry-No-More (same company as Stainsafe by info on the web) regarding "hand-tufted" latex-backed rugs I purched from Macy's a few years ago. The latex has deteriorated from bacteria (a common problem I found by more net research)and has started emitting a foul, caustic stench, best described as "burnt rubber". I first called Macy's customer service, and they were friendly and offered to contact the carpet vendor and get back in touch.

After tree months with no call back, I again called Macys and they directed me to discuss my problem with Worry-No-More since I purchased a warranty from them. As you might expect, they gave me the runaround and told me my claim would "probably not be honored" because there was an exclusion on hand-tufted rugs. Of course, the sales person at Macy's didn't tell me that when we made the purchase.

I asked the rep who the CEO of Worry-No_More was and he said he was nort required to furnish that information because it was not a publicly traded company. I told that was fine, i'd find out when my son, an attorney, filed suit against them, and also contacted the State Attorned General of Florida and the Federal Environmental Protection Agency. He was unfazed, obviously it's a routine threat for Worry-No-More.

I just happened to find this website as i move forward to make good on my threat. Macy's and Worry-No-More are a toxic combo. I am telling everyone I know to stay clear of this unscrupulous scamming duo.

• Be
    B Enright Apr 12, 2009

I can't believe what I've read here. Especially the name Monica. She must be the queen of refusing claims. I called in a claim the very next day after my dog chewed a tube of "hairball" all natural product, on the sofa. left oil stains. the product ingredients listed canola oil, cod liver oil etc. all things found in the "household food" category of the warranty. Good old Monica refused the claim because 1. it needed to be "human" food. once that was discounted, then 2. it was in an ointment form and they didn't cover "ointment" 3. then she made a bunch of stupid statements like "the warranty doesn't cover "ingredients". That was after I told her the ingredients were all natural and things on the kitchen shelf. I truly believe this is a very organized and orchestrated scam. I called my sales rep at Macy's and he said he would try to help, he did call me back, but it has been 2 days and I haven't heard from the stain company again. Worry no more is a scam. Please do not purchase the product. You are better off taking your chances and if you must get a professional to help you later. I plan to take this further.. BBB or where ever I have to.
    Now it is not so much the money, but the idea that someone feels they have the right to take peoples money and cheat them that really burns me.
    If you want to organize against these folks, please let me know. I'm in the Seattle area.
    B Enright

• Al
    alex Apr 30, 2009

If you read the warranty information, you can clearly see that you have ten days to report your stain. I have gotten my leather recliner replaced after the frame broke on the fifth year. How can you fault stainsafe when you don't read the directions?

• Dj
    dj in houston May 13, 2009

Anytime I hear something that sounds too good to be true. . .I run to the internet to check it out. In this case, I might have possibly saved some money. I found a sectional that seemed a decent price at Macy's and asked about if they offered any fabric protection services (Scotchgard®, etc.), the sale guy's face lite up light a Christmas tree and he reached for one of the worrynomore® brochures that were scattered virtually EVERYWHERE! He was more than happy to tell me all the merits of this program and would only be an additional charge of $175 and if we never used it, we would receive our money back in seven years. Well, with a deal that "great", how could they possibly make money with all the cleaning, repairs and not to mention replaced furniture? My gosh, it would almost be a sure bet that they would be out of business in seven years leaving me without my "$175 Purposed Nest Egg"!
    I am a little sad and disillusioned that this is not an up and up agreement, especially in our current economic times it seems exceptionally dishonest to present this to hard-working, sincere and probably reasonably loyal Macy's consumers.
    I regret all the frustration everyone has experienced and I have known one too many a time what it feels like to round and round with corporate America. Most hope that those with complaints will just grow tired of fighting it and retreat and many times we do. But I hope, for whatever it's worth, that someone does take some solace that you are indeed saving a hard-working family from much aggravation and expense.
    Incidentally, I never did find out if they actually apply some kind of protective solution to the fabrics, that's all I really wanted!

• Ra
    Ray May 13, 2009

Don't buy this protection plan. Unless you have to waste your money and time. Macy's itself is a great store but the Worry No More service they offer is a nightmare. I am not sure why they are carrying this service.

john May 14, 2009

How can all this be going on and Macy is still getting peoples business. My wife and I thought hat this was just our experience and did a quick search of the internet and found some many others experiencing the same treatment. This company is a scam and Macy is involved. We bought a sofa 3 years ago and called for service. We had compnay over with kids. We found 2 pen marks on the love seat and 4 spots from baby formula. We called them the same week. They said this falls out of the contract because it is an accumulation of stains.

These are on 2 different couchs and different locations. They said the warranty covers one stain we said great clean one they denied because it still concidered and accumulation of stains.

My mind is boggled by this. I say ban Macy's and any other store that sells this service. This is not a mistake Macy's knows what they are doing and is profitting from us.

• Ir
    Iris Adorno Jun 29, 2009

I totally agree with all of you my husband and I purchased a 2 piece leather sofa set on 6/2002 it cost $3, 000 and we got a 5 year warranty that coats us I believe it was about $300 and taxes another $300 and delivery charges I mean after all those charges they also tried to convince us to also purchase a warranty for the wood on the side of the sofas .But we declined i wish we would have declined the leather warranty because when we moved the sofa got a tear on the back we called them about 3 days later and they gave us the run around about writing a letter getting it notarizes and mailing it to them then they took about a month to send me a letter saying i took to long it's been a month I went through the roof because I only took 3 days they took a month anyway long story short we still have our sofas with the rip in the back stainsafe and worry no more give you something to worry about the money and time you waste with these company's it's not worth it . I won't ever buy furniture from Macy's or warranty's from those company's again and I advice all my friends and all of you not to also .Good Luck

• Up
    UPSET IN ST. PAUL Jul 03, 2009

THIS IS SUCH A RIP-OFF!!! MACY'S OVER SELLS WHAT THEY COVER AND WHEN YOU CALL THEY ARE QUICK TO TELL YOU THAT THEY CAN'T HONOR YOUR CLAIM. I AM DONE WITH THIS COMPANY AND MACY'S. I DO MISS MARSHALL FIELD'S. THIS STORE HAS GONE TO THE DOGS. I WILL SHOP AT ETHAN ALLEN FROM NOW ON...I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY WHO SELLS YOU A WARRANTY THAT IS A RIP OFF.

• Li
    lindamar Jul 06, 2009

We purchased a couch 4 years ago. During that time, despite our maintenance, it shows natural wear and tear (slight body stain that won't come out). As accumulated stain is not covered, I did not call WorryNoMore. in May, my cat vomited on the couch, and made a stain. since pet fluid (vomit, urine, etc) is covered, i called WorryNoMore. They sent a tech out, but couldn't remove the stain (by the time they came out, the stomach acid had etched into the microfiber). He said he couldn't remove the stain, took photos, and then told me to call the company back. 2 weeks later, I called WorryNoMore, and found out that they are still reviewing, and will get back to me within 5-10 business days. 3 weeks later, no communication, so I call them back. Now they are saying thye couldn't remove the cat vomit, but they noticed there are other "excluded stains" and thus has VOIDED THE WARRANTY COMPLETELY. so, if you get ANY non-covered stain, even if you want just the covered stain removed, they will not, as they consider the warranty (even for that covered stain) voided.

this is like saying you go to the doctors regarding cancer and a blister, and if the blister treatment isn't covered by the insurance they won't cover you for the cancer.

BOGUS

They will come up with every little possible way to get out of honoring the warranty. we should have a class action lawsuit against them for this behavior

• Wh
    whopper Jul 06, 2009

Bought a couch from Macy's 5 years ago. got a covered stain, called worrynomore. the technician came, tried to clean but failed. then Worrynomore closed the claim. their excuse: couch has wear and tear, which is considered excluded damage and thus has voided the entire warranty.

so it is only good for new furniture, that is in pristine condition except for covered damage. if you happen to get ANY stain that is not covered (felt tip markers, odors, loosening of threads or separation of seams, or any wear and tear) that will instantly void the warranty and they will not honor the warranty.

Jon97214 Jul 12, 2009

First off I currently work as a furniture selling associate. There are a few things everyone should know. About two years ago the company known as stainsafe (worrynomore) was bought out by Macys. At that time Macys started to improve the system to work better with our current system. Anyone that has worked for a large company can agree that any changes take forever. Even to this day thy are still working to improve.

Second, for those who bought the warranty from an associate who did not fully explain the warranty to you. I hope you can understand that no one is perfect. Macys strives to provide each associate with continual training to make sure that we all have information that we need. I know this can get old hearing the same excuse but, big company finding that one person that doesn't know everything they should know about the plan is like finding a needle in a haystack. Hopefully, the person that was sold the plan under false pretenses was taken care of by a manager in store.

To close, I personally think the worrynomore protection plan is worth it. Especially since they now added the great give back. If you do not use the protection plan in 7 years you get your money back for a future furniture purchase. I have this plan on my furniture and I have sold it to a few family members, on of which has had to make a claim. She had no problems with setting up an inspection and it took a month but she had her sofa replaced. She paid $179 dollars to protect her entire purchase and she got a brand new sofa worth 1499. I would say that is worth it.

Its all about following the rules. If you don't call within ten days that voids the warranty. You have to give us a resonable amount of time to deal with the stain if ot will be possible. If you do not know how the stain happened, how can we know if it is covered under the warranty? If you can't tell us what happened to your sofa we will assume it is not covered. You have time, find out what happened before you call. Be careful of wording. Scratches are not covered, tears and punctures are. Read your warranty and highlight key words like that. ONLY use the key words in the warranty. Speak their language and you should be fine.

Like someone above stated. Keep your records. Everytime you speak to someone get ne and associate number. Every associate has one that is how our company registers who we are. It's usually a six digit number with two numbers that come before it saying what area we are from. It's also very important that you send your information in to the company. It's is also part of the warranty that you fill and send in that part of your warranty card within 30 days of delivery.

It seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. Unfortunately we live in a society where people shoot for free things all the time and sometimes try to get one over on large companies. Follow the warranty and you should be fine. If you have questions about your warranty and want to make sure your getting correct answers call a different store in your area and ask the same questions to another associate. We are not here to lie to you. We are here to give you good furniture at a reasonable
    price with great service. We are no 100% on that all the time and no company is but I think we do a pretty good job.

Thanks for those who have
    taken the time to

JB

• H2
    h20girl Jul 30, 2009

I had a GREAT experience with this company.

After a glass of juice spilled on our (4-year old denim couch) last month, we called the warranty service and they sent out a professional cleaner within a few days. When a portion of the stain did not come off one of the cushions and the ottoman, the cleaner called the warranty service from our house and explained that he could not get the stain out. He then handed the phone over to me and the warranty people said Macy's would reupholster the ottoman and the stained cushion.

Three weeks later, Macy's called to inform us that they were going to replace the couch and ottoman with a new one of our choice. All we have to do now is pick out the new couch and Macy's will credit us the amount we originally paid for the old couch and ottoman.

Fortunately for us, Worrynomore and Macy's have been a pleasure to work with.

• Py
    Pyguy Sep 11, 2009

This is the worst warrant I have seen. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with these folks and it just seems that they do not want to help you. We bought the warrany from Macy's and I was hesitant about it. Filing a claim was painful enough and they wanted to possibly send out a tech weeks later. I escalated and got my refund. DO NOT WASTE your money. They will try to send you a cleaning kit, your better off saving your warranty money and buy the cleaning supplies for 1/10th of the price of the warranty.

• Yu
    Yuriria Oct 01, 2009

I work for a furniture store and in my 9 years there, we NEVER sold any extended warrantys or protection plan...THEY DONT WORK!!
    Let me give you my advice...take care of your furniture and and if you need to clean it (fabric) alway try hot water with mild soap, also baby wipes work great.

• Hi, I purchased leather couches from macys about 2.5 years ago. I had a problem with my furniture, the frame was starting to get loose on the arms of one of my leather chairs, and also noticed that staples where starting to stretch as if it wanted to puncture thru the leather where the frame sits on my sofa. There was also an accidental puncture on the sofa. I called macys furniture customer service since I already knew I had a 10 year warranty on the frame of the sofa. At the same time I called worry no more for the puncture that the sofa had. A technician was sent to check on the chair with the loose arms and said that was wear and tear, of course I argued with him and reminded him I had a 10 year warranty on the frame and shut him up because he knew what I was talking about. He tried to fix the staples that where stretching thru the leather by pushing them in and of course he made a hole, not to mention he was in a hurry to leave. He then said he fixed it, he put macys customer service on the phone and left in a hurry. At this time as he was walking out of my house I had not noticed he made a hole on the couch, luckily I had them on the phone and told the service lady he made it worse and was very dissapointed, she tried to get him to come back but because his tight schedule I had to reschedule. They later send a different tech per my request, he did an awesome job fixing the puncture the other tech caused. Remember this was furniture customer service I was still waiting on the worry no more to contact me for the other punture that macys warranty did not cover because 2 years gone by. Three weeks gone by Worry no more had not contacted me for an appointment so after checking on the status of that for the second time I actually got good news they said no one called me because I was eligeable for a reselection on furniture because the last tech mentioned the other puncture it had was not fixable. I guess furniture customer service and worry no more work together. They were not able to replace me with the same couches because they no longer carry them in Macys but that I can choose a new selection. I guess it was worth the hassle so now I got new furniture and I did not think about it twice about buying the worry no more. I purchase it again, I really think it was worth it on my bahalf. The only thing I recommend is read the warranty before calling them so you won't waste your time and theirs. There is many things that it does not cover like most of the comments I've read.

sara101 Jan 26, 2010

We bought a white leather coach from Macys together with a WorryNoMore (Stainsafe) plan, 4 months ago. The coach has several stains, yet no one from Macy’s nor WorryNoMore had the courtesy to send someone to check the condition of the coach. Even though the store manager at Macys promised he will send someone. The customer service at WorryNoMore were incredibly rude. The lady working there asked that I look up a dictionary to check the meaning of what is and what is not included in the plan. I have worked in customer service before and would have been fired, had I ever talked to a customer like that. This company is a complete rip off; and will try to find whatever reason they can from doing their job.

• Mo
    motown Feb 12, 2010

I have filed a complaint against this company with the Michigan Attorney General's office as of this morning. My contact with StainSafe came up with a reporting date for the stain to the mattress that is totally bogus to defeat any remedy. Also, I am filing a claim after I get the mattress cleaned in small claim's court. Pathetic. Because of this incident Macy's has lost my business for good.

• Ra
    Ray Bandi Feb 24, 2010

I had a similar experience with WorryNoMore, but what I recommend everyone is to take advantage of Macy's one year return policy. After talking to a rude lady at WorryNoMore, I contacted Macy's to complain about the WoryNoMore’s attitude and the way they were handling my case. The gentleman at Macy’s asked me when I purchased my furniture, when I said about 6 months ago, he said since it is under one year I can return the furniture and get a brand new. So that was what I did and got completely brand new furniture. Don't waste your time talking to WorryNoMore ###s, take advantage of this and get what you deserve.

Robbed!! Mar 03, 2010

Been trying for 4 years to get the warranty company to fess up and fix my leather couch that has springs sticking up from the bottom. The leather recliner is another story. Am on thesecond one, first one began to have color lift off within a year, it was replaced at no cost. the second one began to have the color lift off, was advised that they would replace it with a non-matching recliner if I chose otherwise, they had no more of that model in stock (this was after they indicated a new one would be coming and even scheduled a delivery appt. with me. Said the one in the warehouse was damaged and they had no more) I kept the chair for a rebate payment of $500 (much less than the cost of the original recliner) but thought what the heck. Cannot get the warranty company to return my calls on the spring sticking up throught the seat of the couch Macy's is not helping saying I have to go through the warranty company. Is this a rip or what. Appears to be fraud but after reading all the stuff other people have gone through with the warranty co. guess I am stuck for ever

Never, never patronize Macy's again, , , , , never, , , , never

• Bs
    bsc000 Mar 03, 2010

Hey Rob, there is an issue about misrepresenting your product... Seem clear to me, Mr woorynomore representative...

• Bs
    bsc000 Mar 03, 2010

has anyone tried to claim the post 7 yr Macy's store credit?

• Ad
    add me to the list Mar 13, 2010

I too got sucked in my the Macy's salesperson when we purchased a sofa, ottoman and chair. We had 8 month old twins and knew there would be stains.

i filed my first claim in May of 08 and it actually went really well. I honestly don't know if I reported the stain within 10 days, but I don't recall them asking.

Also, my thinking was, the couch gets all sorts of little stains, does WNM really want to come out every week? Of course i understand the problem of having a stain set..but i disgress.

I filed another claim last month...spent all this time going through it, the rep (I think it was Monica) kept asking when the stain happened, went to file a claim, filed a claim and told me it was denied. I called Macy's and after a few phone calls and a lot of time on hold, they sent me a macy's gift card for 60 bucks..it's better than nothing.

So today I filed another claim as I had two new stains pop up this week and they are sending me a kit, funny I don't remember that. I asked if they could send me a copy of my warranty, they said I had to go to macys'. I've been trying to find them on the BBB to file a claim, but can't locate them.

• Aa
    aanaya77 Apr 30, 2010

Having the same problem as everyone else here. Had several chips on my dining table and one area where the veneer is peeling off the table top. The tech said the chips were covered but the peeling was not and touched up the chips. He wasn't able to do that good of a job on the touch up and advised me to complain that the repair job wasn't satisfactory and that I should request a replacement. Of course the "Worry No More" people are saying that the multiple chips amount to accumulation which excludes me from a replacement and that I would need to go to the manufacturer for the peeling (of course the table is out of warranty). What a total waste of money. This warranty was totally misrepresnted by the salesperson who said I would be protected from any damage and Worry No More is doing any and everything to make exuses why my warranty should not be honored. My first mistake was buying furniture from Macy's...I will never ever make this mistake again and recomend that you don't either.

• Ar
    AreYouKidding? Jun 24, 2010

Sadly, we found out today that we have also fallen into the trap at Macy's. DO NOT PURCHASE their "worry no more" protection plan. It is a SCAM. We have new peanut butter stains on our couch, which we tried to remove with the spot remover that was given to us at the time of purchase- the company wouldn't send out a cleaner so we are having to pay another 200.00 to have COIT come out and clean it!! We will NEVER purchase furniture from Macy's (Seattle Southcenter) again.

AND, I especially loved hearing from the gentleman who posted here about his experience with working for Macy's furniture company!! Wow. Unbelievable. I am sorry that you lost your job, but certainly appreciate your honesty about what really goes on in that company! Shame on you, Macy's and Stainsafe. We just gave them 130.00 for NOTHING!!!

• Za
    Zachttb Oct 18, 2010

WorryNoMore is a TOTAL scam. They sent out some local KID (honestly he was probably 16) as a "technician" who spent about 2 min steaming a vomit stain, thereby making it 10 times worse. When I insisted the job was not done, he told me to let it dry. I was leaving town the next morning for several months on a job and when I returned the stains were basically petrified into the fabric. When I called WorryNoMore, they told me I was at fault for letting this much time go by. I told them they were at fault for sending a cheap and unqualified person to "clean" the stain. Now I have to buy new cushions from the manufacturer. What a scam. I'm furious.

• Bi
    Bill in MD Nov 23, 2010

To all those who say, just follow the rules, I have this to say: I did. Even worry no more said so. They said the table top needs to be replaced. I have spent the last three months getting them to send it. I was even told at one point the it HAD been delivered, and that I had signed for it, a week before it arrived. They now admit that can't be right, but it has been in the process of being shipped for the last two months. I fully intend to make their life a living hell every day until they finally honor their commitment.

• In
    Ingrid8804 Jan 14, 2011

I am also filing a compliant and I am willing to file a suit against them as well. They don't provide you the "certificate" when you purchase the furniture or the insurance. The sales associate said everything was covered. I was against buying this couch because of my children and I was assured and reassured that we were covered for any damages whatsoever.

• Is
    islandave Jan 26, 2011

Can we do something about this? Any ideas?

• Cr
    CristyP Jan 29, 2011

I am going through the SAME thing with this company! Absolutely ridiculous! I encourage everyone who has had a problem to submit a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so that hopefully something will eventually be done about this company ripping innocent consumers off. I have also created a page on Facebook titled "Stop Shop at Macy's" in an attempt to let other consumers know what they are getting themselves into BEFORE they give their hard earned money to these people. Please visit this page and invite your friends and family to view it. All you need to do is search "Macy's" on facebook and you will see the page.

• Je
    jeffrey39 Feb 11, 2011

I cannot believe Macy's uses this "Warranty" coverage. I had a scrape on my leather loveseat and was denied repair by "Worry No More" because they don't cover scrapes or scratches. How ridiculous! After reading all of the complaints on-line, I don't understand how this company is still in business! HOW DARE A LARGE CORPORATION LIKE MACY'S RIP OFF THEIR CONSUMERS! I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME AT MACY'S AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE!! DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM MACY'S!! THEY ARE BIG TIME CROOKS!!!

• Pa
    Page5 Mar 05, 2011

I called Worry no More and told them I have had a difficult time removing a stain. I tried for two months before I called them. They told me they wouldn't handle it since I didn't call within 7 days of the stain appearing. Who in the world would of thought of that? I will never buy Macy's furniture again! Not to mention the sofa looks 5 years old after 5 months. I had bought a leather sofa from JC Penny's 5 years ago and it looks more like 5 months old. Macy's funiture store is completely over rated, way too expensive furniture store with poor customer service!

• Bu
    bugmenot Mar 28, 2011

And if you actually read your warranty, you'd see it's not a cleaning service. It's for when a stain happens. I know because I just read the warranty today. Try doing that next time.

rollo6 Sep 15, 2011

bought sofa and worry no more policy, totaling $4890.74 at MACY'S grandson wrote with ink pen on one of six sectional. When man came to (I thought clean at marks with special pen) they had tried to get me to wait for through mail for 3 weeks. He SPRAY PAINTED the sofa, we had to leave house for weekend because of fumes. Paint did not cover marks. so instead of replacing just that one section, company insisted on replacing all 6 pieces. I would now have to pay another $438 to have insurance on sofa. I am glad I did not because it would not cover structural defects, which is my problem now. A month ago the pull (to make recliner, Recline) on armless recliner broke. I called and was told it would be ordered, called last week was told it HAD been ordered, called Monday & I was told it is not covered so I am stuck with a recliner THAT WILL NOT RECLINE. I suggest anyone interested in furniture at MACY'S STOP AND THINK Helen B.

• Ke
    kevnmary Nov 02, 2011

I just got off the phone with a Macy's customer service supervisor. We had bought a $2000 leather sectional in Feb 2010 and noticed within the 1st year that the seat cushions were all cracking the actual leather on this sofa must be micrometers thick. We had also purchase a Worry No More 7 year warranty for $200 at the time. Now even though we had noticed the cracking within the manufacturers warranty period we didn't report it because we were in the process of moving and I thought we'd be covered under the Worry No More warranty. Well like everyone knows Worry No More covers nothing. I called today and complained that the salesperson told me that the couch would be covered no matter what happened to it and that in itself was a misleading sales practice issue. (as a Chief Compliance officer I know a lot about sales practice issues). Long story short Macy's is refunding me the prorated cost of the worry no more policy. Live and Learn. Macy's is no better than Kmart, if I had bought this sofa at Nordstroms or even Costco I would be getting a free replacement. Macy's sells crap and does not stand behind anything. Spread the word.

Roosevelt Dec 22, 2011

Please save your money! worry no more means before something happen. U must worry when something happen. Sorry it's not cover, Which means u r screwed, Bad company man save ur self the worry. 70%of claims rejected

• Wa
    WarriorChick04 Feb 11, 2012

We generally do not buy warranties. However, since we were purchasing a couch and we have three large dogs, we decided it might not be a bad idea since animal fluids were covered by the policy. Plus, Macy's said if we didn't use the warranty in 7 years we'd get our money back in a gift card. Sounds great, right? So about six months after owning the couch, it was soiled by one of our dogs. We called Worry No More, and they said we could either get a more high powered couch cleaner and try to clean it ourselves, or we could be mailed replacement cushions. However, they said that if they didn't make the couch anymore, we would not be able to get the replacement cushions and would be out of luck and unable to get the cleaning kit (how is this fair?). Since it had only been six months, we opted for the replacement cushions. They said they would send them out as soon as possible. A few months later, wondering where in the world our cushions were, we called. They couldn't find our order and said they would place it again. Here we are about a year later, and still no cushions or contact from the company. We are about to call Macy's and demand our money back. I have found them to generally be accomodating with the dining room set (which fortunately I didn't buy a warranty for!) so hopefully they will be accomodating with this. Also, the things people wrote about the damage having to have occurred in the last 7 days is completely true, although I don't know what would prevent you from just lying when they ask you that question! Anyway, good luck and I will NEVER buy a warranty again!

Anoyed13 Apr 16, 2012

I had the same issue... called to make appt, they called me back to confirm on a day I DID NOT schedule. When i rescheduled, they went to the wrong house... When I called the company to clarify, and asked them to note the episodes, because the 10 days was up (not by any fault of mine) they said they would document to conversation and would have someone call to schedule a new appt. No one called. I called twice, and received no answer... When I called the call center back AGAIN, I was told that the complaint was closed, and they would not re-open it. Extremely unreliable, unprofessional company. I would expect more from a Macy's experience.

• Or
    organza Jun 07, 2012

We are very upset with the company WOORY NO MORE. They fixed in 2009 a red wine stain on 2 pieces of white leather sofa. After this, we covered our sofa with cover. Today, we just remove the cover and discover that the white they used to repair went of. We called WOORY NO MORE and they told us that is normal use!!! We have 6 pieces of sofa but it's happen only on the pieces they repaired and at the same place!!!
    Today they don't want to repair the sofa because the lost of color is not cover by the warranty!!!

Be aware that WORRY NO MORE is a scam!!!

• Bl
    blessyer Jun 14, 2012

StainSafe (aka) WorryNoMore (aka) Global Care Solutions (aka) Prestige Protection. This is a waste of your money and they will try every trick in the book to not honor the warranty with you. Luckily I read up on them on this site (and several others) before calling and was ready for their shenanigans. Keep in mind that the interaction below relates to a Microfiber couch I purchased at Macy's 1.5 yrs ago.

1) Cushion cores are not covered. I asked for specific language in writing that says "Cores are not covered", which they could not provide. They did provide copies of the warranties via email, which said "Microfiber furniture" is covered. This, according to them, does not cover cushion cores as they do not fall under "microfiber". I pointed out cushions fall under "furniture". At this point, it's their interpretation vs. yours. This seems like a potential basis for legal action, as the contract language is murky and the intent is not clearly transmitted in the language.
    2) Do not be vague about timing and call as soon as it happens. You have a 10 day window to report it, period.
    3) Do not clean the fabric until you call them and get specific instruction from them that it is ok to clean. I personally think this is asinine, but the wording is very clear on this. You won't win on this point.
    4) Call the manufacturer first and find out the exact terms of their warranty. StainSafe will not honor anything that is still under manufacturer warranty. They told me my couch was covered for 5yrs, but when I inquired further with the manufacturer, it turned out they only covered manufacturing defects.

Things to keep in mind:
    1) The first round of customer support folks supposedly cannot hang up on you. If you do not hang up on them they must stay on the line. They'll go silent and do everything they can to make it sound like you've been disconnected, but if you stick around they will too.
    2) Ask for a supervisor after you are done with the first round of customer service, regardless. They can almost always do more for you. I told my supervisor that I wasn't calling to complain about the first lady, I was looking to verify some inconsistencies and clarify additional points. My first rep was decently professional (luckily), so I made sure to vocalize that with her supervisor to let her know I wasn't on an indiscriminate warpath.
    3) Be very clear about what it is you want from them, be it the exact furniture parts or the exact service you are looking for. If they won't honor it and you disagree with the reason, you can make the best of it and ask for a full refund of whatever you paid for the warranty. This will work better if they cannot provide explicit, written documentation referencing exactly why the warranty is void. Don't let them sucker you with their subjective interpretations of vague contract phrasings. If you can argue a different interpretation, do it.

Things you can bring up that seem to carry weight - Better Business Bureau, your State Attorney General's Office, the Federal Trade Commission & its Bureau of Consumer Protection, other Consumer Fraud Regulatory agencies, any large-scale political and/or media connections you have access to. They are scammers, and all scammers fear exposure. Let them know on the front end that you are aware of their usual tactics. I went on the quasi-offensive with them and it seemed to work this round.

• Da
    Dalhia . Jul 25, 2012

I am irate right now after getting off the phone with Worrynomore. I purchased my leather couch in Nov., 2010. Two days ago I noticed a tear or crack, not sure what you would really call it, and called today to report. After asking how it it happened (I don't know) I was told it was not covered. My brochure says leather is covered for rips, tears and punctures. The rep continued reading her script and said she has our conversation on tape so I can't change my story. I didn't change my story. I added that perhaps someone with a button on their pants pocket caused the tiny 1" tear/rip. but I really don't know. What I do know is the brochure says it covers rips, tears and punctures. After speaking to a supervisor, I was told it has to be punctured or ripped or torn down to the cushion to be covered. My tear was only surface deep so it's not covered. I paid over $300 for this rip-off insurance. I knew better at the time but had a new dog I was afraid she would claw the sofa. Should have listened to my instincts. This is a TOTAL RIP OFF. I will tell everyone I know about what happened and hope that no one falls for this scam again. Disgusted with Macy's and worrynomore...what a JOKE!!!

• Tr
    Trust your suspicions Nov 07, 2012

Thank goodness for the existence of this complaint board and all the consumers who have posted. I just purchased a sofa and loveseat with the accidental and structural damage 7-year coverage on the sofa, and I was on the fence and suspicious about the combination program, so the sales associate said I can change my mind and he can refund me. After reading a lot of the comments, I got anxious and called immediately to cancel the program but apparently the transaction needs to go through first before the refund can be issued. I'm trying to catch this before it gets way way worse, but I'm totally sympathetic with the headache and heartache that so many are going through. Can't believe the "program" is such a joke and scam, and agree that filing with the BBB on that stain removal company is the best way to go. Macy's can only do so much - slap the wrist of the technicians who are denying all claims - though I've heard that it works some time, I haven't heard from any consumer regarding a positive experience. So, no matter how helpful and knowledgeable the sales associate may seem, do not trust everything they tell you. Or, request what they tell you in writing. They should totally make the legal document pertaining to the worry-no-more warranty available to consumers so that people can comb through the stuff before deciding to purchase. But since they know that most people won't ask for it, they count on this as their easy money. If this is how they play, then they will lose consumer trust and business. Once I get the refund for the warranty I am going to buy myself some sofa covers. That'll keep me worry-free better than some rip-off insurance plan. If you think about it, anything counts as "normal tear and wear, " so of course this is just like throwing money away. Same thing with mattress warranty - they are ridiculous and would never recognize any claims because of a loose thread or a compression that's not over 2 inches. Who has time to read all the fine prints and try to figure out the legal definitions and to document what happens to furnitures? Lesson well learned - pay your tuition money on these sort of things and don't let it ever happen to you again.

• Ms
    mshold123 Jul 24, 2013

Macy's Sterns and Foster followed through by giving me a new mattress for an indention. Worry No More did not follow through (who agree to pay me first for the non stain removement) I thought this is a waranty really working -- then--- Worry No More delvered me a "GOT CHA" when I emailed about my check that they had agreed to before MACY's replaced the mattress for an INDENTION --- they said they would not send my check because MACY's replaced the mattress a Month after they agreed to pay me for the non removal of the stain. DON'T PURCHASED THIS MACY'S AND UNITERS(WORRY NO MORE ARE THE SAME COMPANY---

• We
    Westy81 Nov 09, 2013

In case anyone else stumbles across this bored before submitting a claim to worrynomore/uniters, some people do have positive experiences! Our dog peed on our sectional couch (3 cushions and 2 throw pillows). I called worrynomore within 10 days of the date the stain occured (as it states on their Product Protection Plan) and had no trouble with the rep I spoke with. She took down my info and promised a tech would call within 48 hours to set up a site visit. The tech actuslly called within 4 hours. Unfortunately their next available appointment was in 2 weeks, but we told them we'd really like something sooner if possible. They must have had an opening because they were able to come out after only 1 week. The techs (with SAW, a third party cleaner contracted by worrynomore/uniters) were amazing. Incredibly friendly and professional. They got right to work and got the stains out.

I do want to point out (because I read complaints elsewhere about urine stains) that our couch is dark gray in color and microfiber so it was difficult to see the stains after they dried. The techs had no issue with that!

I can only comment on my own experience but i read the Product Protection Plan, followed the claim submission directions, made sure my claim was not part of the exclusions listed in the Product Protection Plan, was friendly and respectful of the technicians and customer service reps, and I had a good experience.

• We
    Westy81 Nov 09, 2013

Ps: bored should have been spelled board and I purchased the couch in September 2013 from Macy's in Redmond, Washington.

• Fr
    FRAUDE Jan 06, 2014

Where is the reputation of Macy's?? The tradition of pride, honor and integrity under the store policies "We will provide quality and value to our customers" and "We will not cheat, steal, participate in or condone fraud or deceptive practices" ??? Ladies and Gentleman today, after more of 5 days the email with customer services, UNITERS call me and denied my claim. After a poor phone interview they said NO.
    How a company with more of 800 stores nations wide can continue doing this FRAUD SELLING SCAM PROTECTION INSURANCE to customer, who purchase furniture in MACY'S. Beside they denied my claim they email a coupon for 25% off in furniture care and cleaning supplies???? Where is the Vendor & Supplier Code of Conduct police of MACY'S INC, when they sell insurance policies for the fraudulent insurance company from West Palm Beach, Florida called UNITERS NORTH AMERICA.

Rory McCormack Jan 23, 2014

I would just like to say when we purchased our new couch an loveseat we were told by our sales person we need the worrie no more plan, we have bolts falling out of the furniture the color of the leather is changeing and the cushions have gone flat in tow years. We were told none of the above was covered. As we were scamed once prior I discuesed all of these problems with the sales person. The sales person all would be covered and we would not have any problems. After you pay foe the furniture and coverage plan you recieve one page document of items not covered, if read it is written so well that they will never have to pay another claim, the fact that if you attempt to call in a claim you loose the chance to recieve your 400.00 credit back tell you it is a Macys scam.

• Fu
    fumingmad14 Feb 02, 2014

I have had my own personal nightmare experience with Macy's furniture and its so-called Worry No More coverage. I truly believe that the only way to get some measure of satisfaction would be for all the affected consumers to start a class action suit.

• Ks
    ksblount Feb 18, 2014

I just filed for my 7 year return price of warranty coupon for not using it. I have a feeling it will be denied. You must ask for it back within 90 days of expiration. I waited one month too many. Waited 7 years and missed the deadline by one month! Bummer!

• Ly
    lydia e Mar 02, 2014

Hi, I would really like to learn something somewhat normal about Stainsafe, apparently there are a lot of people writing about how mad they are and what a scam it is but the details are vague and it's just a rant. I am considering purchasing but after reading I can't tell if all of you don't know what you are doing or Stainsafe? Just a lot of anger which could mean you did not follow protocol. Or they are a really terrible company even though you did everything right. The comments about the child and the pen, that is just a rant, the person who wrote about their cat, all I hear is anger which is great but please try to explain what occurred in a logical way, in this way your voices will be heard rationally and you can make clear what this company did wrong. It appears if you have an incident, a stain, tear etc depending on the warranty you have that you must report it right away or they will not honor it. Is this true? That if you contact them immediately they may come out and resolve the issue? If that is the case that would be fine with most people. However, the way everyone responded is extremely unclear, did you perhaps contact them right after the incident and they are the ones saying you did not, that would be a different story then. Please someone be rational and "clear" even if angry to add to the effect but this is a bunch of gobbly gook and I have no idea what you are all trying to say, at this point I can't tell if you are on medication for anger issues or if the company has made you this way, but at present you are wasting you efforts. Thank you kindly

• Ri
    Richard011545 Sep 15, 2014

After four years of a 10-yr warranty, I am trying to get Worry-No-More to come out and clean a mattress purchased from Macy's. The operator asked if I initially received a cleaning kit with the mattress. They ask this because they expect the CUSTOMER to clean the difficult stain first! I told them how could I remember 4 years ago if I received a cleaning kit and the warranty sheet from Macy's. All I received when first purchased the mattress in question (I bought two at the time, only queen had the protection plan) was the sales receipt! So they are mailing new mattress pad and cleaning kit and telling me to try to clean in first and then call back within 14 days to see if I still need the cleaning service. Nowhere on the brochure given to me at time of purchase did it say you must clean it yourself first for the $100 dollar policy to claim.

• Fr
    Francis M Pickle Apr 11, 2015

Worry No More Protection Plan/Uniters Insurance/Macys. Should be called, ( Worry More). This is Fraud and someone either Macys or Uniters should be held liable. As to date Uniters is sending a second technician out to look at damages to my motion reclining sofa that has structural damage. However, after reading all of the reviews I can see that I am not going to get my furniture repaired or replaced as my Worry No More Plan states. I think I might try to have the News Station here when the technician arrives!