Sprint / fraudulent charges to my account for something I did not order!

One day about 2 months ago a ups van pulled up to my home with a delivery for me. I refused the delivery after opening the package with the ups driver and found a cell phone inside I had not ordered. The driver said this was a regular problem for him as he had been through this before on many deliveries. He reseled the box, marked it return to sender, delivery refused and went on his way. Since that day I have, every month received a bill from sprint on a phone I don't, and never have possessed or activated. Every month I mark the bill "return to sender, not a sprint customer" but to no avail. Has anyone else out there had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Please feel free to email me as i'm tired of screwing around with this.

Comments

7th of Nov, 2007

The exact same thing has happened to us. We were sent a "free" phone after explicitly telling a Sprint PCS salesperson we did not want their offer. Now, we have spent over 4 months trying to get this corrected as we have been billed over $60.00 a month for a phone we never ordered and have long since returned. The phone was apparently activated before it was ever delivered. We thought we had this corrected after spending over 2 hours on the phone with a supervisor from customer service. He agreed that this was a mistake and that we would be refunded the full amount we had been billed for the last 4 months. However, we just received a bill this month for a $200 cancellation fee plus surcharges and taxes on a phone we never requested from Sprint. Our attempts to resolve with Sprint's customer service was to no avail today - as usual their systems are down and cannot access our account for the next 2 weeks we were told. In the meantime, we do not have the ability to stop auto payments either due to the system downage, sow I need to work with the bank to block all auto payments submissions from Sprint from this point forward. I don't understand how Sprint is getting away with such business practice. They are virtually stealing from their customers and have absolutely no sense of customer service.