[Resolved] Spokeo.com / spokeo is fraudulent and a scam
Spokeo is fraudulent and a scam. I searched a phone number that had been calling me, and Spokeo said the full name and address of the owner of the phone number were available, but I must purchase a subscription to view this information. Once I purchased the subscription, no name or address were available. Having people sign up for a website under false pretenses is fraud. It's false advertising, and it's absolutely unethical. The customer service rep I spoke with on the phone said, "That shouldn't have happened." I told him to do the exact same thing I had done, and he confirmed my facts were straight. Despite a company representative acknowledging that they acted in a fraudulent manner, they still have not refunded my money. Stay away from these crooks.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Sep 07, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about this. Spokeo does not guarantee full results for every search you perform. When you perform a free basic search, we pull information from what was cached from the last update. If this was a while ago, the information may be outdated. Being a Premium subscriber grants you access to the most up-to-date searches. For this reason, the information may be different than on the preview page. I'm sorry if you were under the wrong impression and hope to assist you in whatever way possible. I can assure you it is an issue we are working hard to address, and have sent you a private message regarding a full refund. I apologize again for the inconvenience.
More Spokeo.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Spokeo Online Service - deceptive advertising and ripoff 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - billing nightmare 
- [Resolved] Spk Spokeo - unauthorized credit card charges 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - they will not give you a refund when you discover their site is a scam 
- Spokeo.com - spokeo deception 
- [Resolved] Spokeo - spokeo
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - my opinion of them couldn't be worse
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - every phone number I typed in came back to the wrong person
- [Resolved] Spokeo - .95 one time charge turned into $19.99 reoccurring charge?
- [Resolved] Spokeo - charging my account for years for service I did not ask for