Spirit Airlines — refund for flight change
Letter I wrote to spirit airlines for my son. Their response was no refund. I find this appalling.
Y daughter-in-law has had to travel to the mayo clinic in rochester, minnesota since march 2014 for a clinical trial. She and my son travelled on spirit on saturday and were to return on monday. My daughter-in-law suffered some health problems while there and is now hospitalized. It is unknown when they will be able to return. When my son phoned to be check out how to change the reservation when catrina was able to travel, he was told he would have to pay $150.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Miramar, FL00 per person to change the return tickets. He even had a doctor's note.
I am appalled that an airline would charge under these circumstances. The costs they have incurred flying back and forth from dallas to rochester is enormous. They cannot afford an extra $300.00 to change a ticket. They are travelling every two weeks for the clinical trial.
This has caused unnecessary stress for them to endure. I am contacting you for my son as he is staying with catrina and does not have access to a computer.
Thank you for your consideration.
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines Credit Card - deceptive practices
- Spirit Airlines - missed connection, lost luggage, bad customer service 
- Spirit Airlines - damaged luggage and poor service
- Spirit Airlines - hurricane irma (flights and evacuation)
- Booked Flights - refunds