Southwest Airlines / laptop stolen from checked baggage!
I had a 2 day business trip to Jacksonville Florida, I had room in my baggage and I didn't want the carry it though the check point. I put it in my checked baggage, the laptop made it to Jacksonville. I flew back to BWI and I live 2 hours from the airport and that night I was unpacking my suitcase and found my laptop missing. The person who took the laptop had the time to go through the computer case and take what they wanted to and then they put the case back in the suitcase. I talked to the TSA people at Jacksonville and they have video of thier people removing the laptop and putting it back in before passing it back to Southwest personnel. Southwest told me tat all they could do is a search of the airport and that is all they could do. They say that thier Contract of Carriage excludes liability for loss or damage of computer contained in checked or unchecked luggage. I get a letter telling me this and that they hope this experience to permanently tarnish your image of our airline.
I won't fly with Southwest again.
More Southwest Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- AirTran Airways - AirTran Cancellation Charges 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - Unorganized & Horrible.
- Southwest Airlines - flight delayed
- Southwest Airlines - travel experience 
- Southwest Airlines - rewards account
- Southwest Airlines - horrific flight experience