Southern Fidelity Insurance / homeowners insurance. homeowners beware!

1 Tallahassee, FL, United States

I had storm damage to my roof and it started leaking In March 2018. I called Southern Fedility and filed a claim. I've had this insurance company for over 12 years. I've never filed anything. They sent the adjuster out to assess my roof and interior damage. We had 60 MPH winds when my roof started leaking. The adjust took pictures of the ceilings and roof. Weeks go by and I called them asking about my claim because I need to get the damage fixed. NOTHING! I finally get a letter in the mail with a check for $2500 for the damages! Unreal! Even with my deductible my roof cost $11, 000 to fix and I've had 3 roofers assess the damages take pictures and submit them to Southern Fidelity. The $2500 will not even covering the cost to fix the ceilings! I've hired an attorney and if we get them to pay my claim the attorney is capped at $1000. I am so frustrated! The winds were so bad that 3 of my neighbors had to replace their roofs and my dryer vent blew off my roof. After this is settled I will get another home owners policy and do my research on the insurance company! DO NOT GET A HOMEOWNERS POLICY FROM SOUTHERN FIDELITY! I would rather pay a little more every year and have my home covered for a disaster or act of god!

Fl