South African Airways / medical reason-rejected
I am complaining about the total disregard demonstrated by SAA, I booked a return flight from Seoul, South Korea to Durban, South Africa via SAA(I am a SA citizen and was trying to support your proudly SA company).
To my dismay a week before my flight I was hospitalised with a threatened abortion and placed on strict bed-rest for 1, 5 weeks and warned by my ob/gyn that flying is out of the question.
He put together a letter for SAA, so I was given a refund.However you have penalised me KRW200 000 ie. approx R1560.
I understand you run a business and a total refund is unlikely but what about a credit that I can use at a later stage.
I am appalled by your disregard for unexpected illnesses that arises and your lack of customer service.
The Executive office of customer care responded with:
I am sorry to hear of your health and wish you a speedy recovery. South African Airways has a terms and conditions for all their fares, you were booked on a discounted fare. The discretion is on the Manager to give you a full refund, I have also noted that your booking was made a travel agent. Whilst we sympathise with you, we cannot assist you any further.
So not only did I not make the mgt discretion list but I am especially penalised because I booked in advance and got a discount and I went through a travel agent vs. going direct!
More South African Airways Complaints & Reviews
- South African Airways - bad service 
- South African Airways - failure to reimburse for stolen goods 
- South African Airways - overbooked flights??!! 
- SAA - baggage broken, goods stolen 
- SAA - unprofessional service : cabin crew
- South African Airways - refund on ticket not honored
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - lost baggage and very bad service when I called from mauritius on 27 119783733733 on 8th september 2018 at 12:20 sa time
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - theft by staff
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - theft
- SAA - flight got delayed for 2 hrs and it was not publicly announced when it eventually boarded then we get offloaded...