South African Airways / medical reason-rejected

1 South Africa Review updated:

I am complaining about the total disregard demonstrated by SAA, I booked a return flight from Seoul, South Korea to Durban, South Africa via SAA(I am a SA citizen and was trying to support your proudly SA company).

To my dismay a week before my flight I was hospitalised with a threatened abortion and placed on strict bed-rest for 1, 5 weeks and warned by my ob/gyn that flying is out of the question.
He put together a letter for SAA, so I was given a refund.However you have penalised me KRW200 000 ie. approx R1560.

I understand you run a business and a total refund is unlikely but what about a credit that I can use at a later stage.

I am appalled by your disregard for unexpected illnesses that arises and your lack of customer service.

The Executive office of customer care responded with:
I am sorry to hear of your health and wish you a speedy recovery. South African Airways has a terms and conditions for all their fares, you were booked on a discounted fare. The discretion is on the Manager to give you a full refund, I have also noted that your booking was made a travel agent. Whilst we sympathise with you, we cannot assist you any further.

So not only did I not make the mgt discretion list but I am especially penalised because I booked in advance and got a discount and I went through a travel agent vs. going direct!

Comments

• Da
      28th of Mar, 2010

I felt so strongly after my daughters presents were stolen from my moms luggae that i dedciated a site to the south african airways. I know very little about web design and keywords etc, but i regurlaly get 1000 people a month to have a look at my site, and hopefully someone will listen and book with another ailine and fly to the airports recommended by people on blogs and forums like this one. Please have a look at my website http://www.dontflysaa.com and please sign the guestbook if you have something to say. I don't edit comments. lol