Sony India / Non-functioning DVD system

1 India Review updated:

Ref: Complaint was registered with Public Relation Officer, Customer Care Center, Sony India Private Ltd., Pune on 8th Dec. 06

We have purchased a system made of Sony – Model No. MHC-GNZ88D/CE12 Sr. No. 6102835 on 27th October, 2006 through Darshan Electronics, Pune. When the system was installed on 27th Oct, the system was not functioning at all and on the next day i.e on 28th Oct. they replaced with another system.

This is to make it your kind notice that, the same system stopped functioning on 7th Nov. and we registered a complaint with Sony Customer Care Center (Complaint no. 1769-162) on the 7th Nov. itself. After making several reminders and follow-up, the service engineer attended our complaint on 13th October.

Now the system again stopped functioning with the same problem from 4th Dec. and we launched a complaint with your Customer Care Center [protected]) on 5th Dec., and on the 8th Dec. they came to take the system back for repairing at the service center, which I told them not to be repaired, but replace this problematic system with new one. However, the person from your customer care center refused our request.

I would like to request you once again, please replace this problematic system with new system or give back our money, which we paid for buying this system.

Thanking you,

Sincerely yours,

K.B.Jacob

Comments

• Pr
      7th of Dec, 2007

From:
    Prakash Suthar
    Email: sutharpns@hotmail.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:
    Sony Corporation
    1-7-1 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075, Japan.

Kind Attention:

Executive Deputy President
    Officer in charge of Consumer Products Group
    Mr. Katsumi Ihara

Reg: Dissatisfied / disappointed with the following product

I am Prakash Suthar, Working for Deloitte in India in Tax department. I am using Sony products since last 10 years and satisfied. However. I am not satisfied with the following product.

Product: Sony DVD home theatre system, Model DAV-DX-150, Serial No. 3150677.

I have purchased the above product in Mumbai, India.

The above Home Theatre System was giving problem relating to audio and other audio related problems. The Home Theatre System was taken to the Sony’s Mumbai office for verification and solving the problem relating to improper Audio / audio disturbances on my complain. The Engineers of the service centre of your company detected ‘Jarring problem’ and said the problem has been solved and returned the system to me. But, we found the problem never has been solved but, the audio of the front speakers was bobbed down / lowered and reduced at low level as compared to original output that has frustrated the buying of the system.

Secondly, the system has given lots of problems from inception relating to using of the five DVD changer Trays. We are never comfortable using the DVD trays as it always giving problem since inception and now we cannot use the DVD player as it is out of order. The service centre has merely provided merely one service, out of three services available.

Under the circumstances, I will be obliged if the appropriate care be taken of the product and problem be resolved by an experts.

Thanking You

Prakash Suthar

• Dr
      24th of Dec, 2007

We purchased Sony DVD (Mini hifi Component system) ,Model No. HCD-RV-600D,Serial No. 3113553 in the year 2003. 6 months back we had problem in our System and it was taken to the Sony authorised service centre at Mysore, Karnataka. They told that the Optic lens has to be replaced and we got it replaced by paying Rs.4000.00. After that we took it back and we encountered a different problem. This time with the VCD. The VCD used to stop at around 30-32 minutes. We again took it back to the service station. There they kept the DVD for more than 1 month. They were not able to detect the problem. We got frustrated and told them that we are going to take it back. At that time they told some other part is not working and it might approximately cost Rs.1800.00 to replace it. We thought atleast we can view the DVD and brought back the system.

This time there was another problem. The system is not recognising DVD itself. We are not sure what to do. We do not have confidence with the service station and Sony products. We have decided not to buy any Sony Products in the future. We could have bought a new DVD system instead of spending on the Service.

Kindly look into this complaint and guide us.

Thanking you,

Dr.S.Rajendra Prasad.

• Sk
      31st of Dec, 2007

Dear team
    Hi this karthick purchased Sony DVD player on last 6 months back searl no.ns67p/smsp6 serial there was problem. The system is not recognising DVD itself. We are not sure what to do. We do not have confidence with the service station and Sony products. We have decided not to buy any Sony Products in the future. We could have bought a new DVD system instead of spending on the Service.

Poor service in chennai so please do needfully

• Dr
      22nd of May, 2008

Hi,
    I have Sony H-3 digital camera, I have recived all the accecary with the box. But by mistake program CD has misplaced. So I want downlode my photo from camera to my P.C., So I would like to inquired that P.C. requried progame to downlode photo from camera.

• Tr
      26th of May, 2008

I am using sony product last 10 years, but on last oct-07 i have purchase one music system model MHC-GN999DS AFTER THREE MONTH THE DVD LENSE WAS NOT WORKING AFTER COMPLAIN IT HAS RECTIFIED, FROM YESTERDAY AGAIN THE DVD DOOR IS NOT OPENING. I CAN NOT BELIVE THIS TYPE OF POOR QUALITY PRODUCT FROM SONY. PLEASE HELP ME TO REPAIR THE SYSTEM AS SOON AS

TRIDIB
    MOB-09811943803

• Fa
      4th of Oct, 2008

MY SYSTEM IS MHC-GN999DS AFTER 8 MONTH THE DVD LENSE WAS NOT WORKING AFTER COMPLAIN IT HAS RECTIFIED, FROM YESTERDAY AGAIN THE DVD DOOR IS NOT OPENING. I CAN NOT BELIVE THIS TYPE OF POOR QUALITY PRODUCT FROM SONY. PLEASE HELP ME TO REPAIR THE SYSTEM AS SOON AS

• Ku
      7th of Oct, 2008

I bought a SONY DVD Hi-FI Audio System MHC-GNZ88D s/n 6108464 from Sony World, Noida, U.P, India on 12-04-07. Within a couple of months, it stopped playing DVD's. The system was under warranty and I gave this set for repairs at NRI Electronics Noida, which is a Sony authorized service centre. I was communicated that the motherboard had problems and will be replaced. It took them one and half months to replace the motherboard and another 2 weeks to make it region free.

Once it was back from the service center, it started playing DVD's but the response was very sluggish, it took lot of time to load the DVD's and started skipping tracks.

After that, I did not use this system for six months as I was out of town.

Once I was back and started the system, the DVD became unresponsive.
    I called customer care and they told me to give the system to NRI electronics, so that NRI can send the set to Mathura Road, which is the Head Office in North India.

I gave the system to NRI electronics on 04-Oct-08 with clear instructions that this system has to be sent to the head office and not repaired. The customer care exec also called NRI with the same instructions.

On 05-Oct-08, I got a call from NRI electronics that the system is fixed.
    They informed me that the Optical Lens was weak but in working condition, and I can take the delivery of the system.

My issues are as follows:
    1. Why did NRI electronics repair the system, when they had to deliver this to the head office? (Maybe they replaced the lens in the last service and are now scared that the main service station will detect this).
    2. How can the optical lens go weak without any usage?
    3. What are the chances that other parts in the system have not been replaced by NRI electronics? Does Sony India conduct audits?

26th of Nov, 2008

Hi
    I have brought Sony home theater DAV-DZ30 from Radhika Electronics, pimprichinchawad, Pune. While delivery of home theater they delivered me remote control of different model, which is not functioning well with this model. I contact with dealer several times but still they have not taken any action. Kindly look into this complaint and guide us.

Thanks
    Manoj Chavan, Pune

• Pk
      9th of Mar, 2009

I had bought a DVD Set on June 2006, but it is not running properly

18th of Nov, 2010

Hi,
    I have bought a Pen drive of Sony Model Number : USM8GN on 11-11-2010 in Hanamakonda at Hitesh Electronics and found that the Slider which locks is not working properly. I went to the Sony showroom after one week then he asked to visit Sony Service. I visited Sony Service Centre, Nakkalakutta, Hanamakonda. He refused first and when i asked seriously he launched the service log : 300815844 and asked me to meet after one week. He called me after one week and asked me to take the pendrive. I found that it was not yet solved my problem. When i enquired there was no proper response from them. They say to use as it is. I found that it is one of the worst Sony Service Centre in Hanamakonda. I decided to launch the complaint and doing now here. Still if any Sony Company Service Person wants to solve my problem, they are invited. My mobile number is 9848944296 and my email id is pasha.jn@gmail.com

From
    Md. Mahamood Pasha

• Ax
      21st of Mar, 2011

I purchased DVD @ surat.
    I some how broke the DVD to TV coneector cable.
    i want new cable.
    contacted three dealers and one service center at surat.
    dealers send me to service center and service center says the cable is not available with them. can be found from dealers only.
    so now i’ve to purchase new DVD to get the cable?

Plz. guide me.