Sony Ericsson Mobile S700i / No replacement of mobile against its manufacturing defects

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased the Sonyericsson Mobile S700i (Rs. [protected]) in Jan. 2006 and in the month of May 2006 it start showing problem (Unable to read the memory card, charging problem, Hanging, etc) and I had given it to Bareilly Sony Service Centre viz. WONDER COMMUNICATION,A-82 Rajendar Nagar, Bareilly, U.P. 243001, on 02-06-06, TAG Number 859.

I had phone/mailed to the SONY COMPANY customer care, it’s Lucknow service center, Sony Company Representative (Mr. SUMIT DE R.M.-Northern region SONY company), almost 25-30 times.
My complaint is also registered with company having complaint no. [protected].

The complete details are :
My Sonyericsson Mobile S700i in the month of May 2006 it start showing problem (Unable to read the memory card, charging problem, Hanging, etc). I had given it to Bareilly Sony Service Centre viz. WONDER COMMUNICATION,A-82 Rajendar Nagar, Bareilly, U.P. 243001, on 02-06-06, TAG Number 859.
I was told by wonder communication that they are unable to repair the mobile and it is sent to Lucknow authorized service provider, I enquired there, they told that the mobile is sent to Delhi authorized service centre for replacement/repairing. Again after few days I inquired this time they told me that mobile is sent to Chennai authorized service provider for replacement / repairing.

After the period of 2 Month and the long communication with both Wonder Communication (Mr. Mohit Agarwal) and to your Lucknow Sony service centre (Ms. Ashi and Mr. Chaurasiya), Ii was informed that my mobile had repaired and send to Wonder Communication, but when I go their to receive my mobile I was shocked to see my mobile as such, without any repairing !!

I went to Wonder communication in evening at 5.00pm on 27-07-06 during that time I was not having the Memory Card to check the problem but I inspected that the software was right and I come back and then again I went to Wonder Communication at 8.00 pm same day and I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THAT THE SOFTWARE GET CORRUPTED AND AND MOBILE WAS NOT ACCEPTING THE MEMORY CARD, THEN WHAT WAS THEN REPAIRED IN TWO MONTHS ? The Wonder Communication themselves told me that the mobile was as such - not repaired - they told, they had also put an another Memory card which was also NOT ACCEPTED.
Now the next morning a phone comes from Wonder Communication that the Mobile is WORKING, HOW CAN I BELIEVE THIS? INITIALLY I GAVE THE MOBILE TO WONDER COMMUNICATION WHO WERE UNABLE TO REPAIR it AND SEND IT TO LUCKNOW WHO SEND IT TO DELHI, WHO SEND IT TO CHENNAI AND FINALLY IT COME BACK THROUGH SAME PATH TO WONDER COMMUNICATION BAREILLY UNREPAIRED AND NOW WONDER COMMUNICATION IS SAYING THAT THEY HAD CORRECTED THE PROBLEM, THEY ARE JUST FOOLING ME TO GET RID OF THEIR HEADACHE..
ALL THESE BIG SERVICE CENTRES FAILED AND UNABLE TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM OF THE MOBILE BUT THE BAREILLY SERVICE CENTRE SO BIG AND HIGHLY CAPABLE TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM WITHIN FEW HOURS ???

Then I again I had talk with Mr. S. P. Upadhaya and he told me to again send the mobile to their Lucknow service center and he will see it again and accordingly L send it to him.
Then Mr. Upadhaya's mail comes that my mobile had repaired And on 11-08-06 (AFTER ALMOST 2 & HALF MONTH) I receive my But still My sonyerricsson S700i mobile is showing problem !
It gets unevenly shutdown, some times it gets hang-up and even it doesn't go for proper charging- it sometimes get shut down when charging is started and also its charging doesn't get completed in 12-15 hours , ITS ALMOST 10MB MEMORAY GOT DUMPED .......

Then I went to TANDON ENTERPRISES, Sony Exclusive Showroom, Civil Lines Bareilly U. P., from where I purchased the mobile. They suggest me to go to Lucknow Sony service centre and there my problem will be solved and accordingly I went to Lucknow and nothing happened there and I retuned back as such.
AGAIN TANDON ENTERPRISES TOLD me that they will talk to the company and accordingly the talk to MR. SUMIT DE, RM, NORTH REGION SONY COMPANY. Mr Sumit asks for all the details from and took my set around 1 month back. And after few days he replied that the set was checked at Delhi service centre and it’s having a manufacturing defects and hence my set will be replaced.
BUT TILL DATE NOTHING HAD HAPPENED. ALMOST 5-6 MONTHS HAD GONE.

SOMESH MEHRA
194-E CIVIL LINES BAREILLY

SONY MOBILE MODEL NO. S700i
EMI NO. [protected]
JAN. 2006 PURCHASED

• Liz metcalf's Response, Jun 19, 2018

Faulty Sony headphones model MDR AS 410 AP - need replacement

Comments

• Yo
      6th of Jan, 2007

I had given my mobile (SONY-ERICSSON w810i model) for servicing on 8th dec'06 to Accel frontline (Garage-de-telecom) service centre for Sony-ericcson in Chennai.

But till now a month has passed, and I have not recd. my phone back nor they are giving any satisfactory answer. I am made to run pillar-to-post and no one is ready to respond clearly or take responsibility and tell me that he/she will take action . After getting frustrated with contradictory replies I had contacted call centre on 18th dec'06 . At call centre also they are not able to give proper answer. I am always told to contact again after few days to know the `status’ !

Can somebody tell me how to tackle this harassment.
    In my last phone they did the same thing till warranty date expired .after that they refused to service. SONY-ERICSSON design for charging unit is Faulty. This is second phone I had from sony-ericsson and face the same problem. My Brother and some of his friends also bought and were forced to do rounds of service centre within a month.

• Ba
      25th of Sep, 2007

Hi
    my name is balachandar,
    iam from Trichirapalli, Tamilnadu, india.
    i have s700i mobile phone,
    my memory stick was farmated and it was not working now,
    i need a new memory stick and battry for s 700i , where shell i get that?
    how much will be thw cost?

please give me the information.

13th of Nov, 2008

I have a sony ericson mobile model 700i, an am looking for service centre's tel no, and address.

• Li
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Sony Corporation - Sony headphones
    Australia

Sony headphones modelMDR AS 410 AP just purchased through Kogan are faulty - the right hand earphone is not working/ no sound coming through
    Please advise how to receive a replacement

John M.

Sony Xperia mobile - Mobile Display is not working
    Riyadh
    Saudi Arabia

Dear sir
    please to be inform that one mobile display is not working properly please advise for replacement. My order no 2554633348

Regards

Sajid Ahmed
    Emails address sajidahmed_it@yahoo.com

• Ha
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Sony - Ps4
    Melrose
    Massachusetts

The thing I bought off you guys was broken and didn't work I got scammed beyond belief because of this

• Az
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Sony Corporation - Psn account

Hello my psn account got permantly banned for no reason it was unjustified I was only responding to pepole who were messaging me first and i don't even say anything offensive I have a lot of time and money invested in the account help me please and thank you
    My email:saudidesertwarrior@gmail.com