The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv — defective product
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I purchased a Sony Bravia flat screen television (model KDL40S4100) in Novermber 2008. Today, the televison stopped powering up. I contacted Sony Esupport by telephone. I advised the representative that
the tv would cut on, and a second later would shut off. The tv's standby button was flashing red. I was
instructed by the Sony support technician to unplug the TV, and the surge protector for 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes, I was instructed to plug the tv and surge protector back in, and turn on the tv. The televsion had the same result, the standby signal was flashing red. The support tecnician instructed me that the television had an internal problem, and asked when I purchased the television. I advised the techician 1 year 2months ago. I was instructed that the warranty was for 1 year, and that I would be responsible for the repairs.
It just seems odd to me that a television would just stop working in this short period of time (and after the warranty period). This tv was not the primary tv in my household, and was being used the least. I would not recommend this product to anyone, and feel that this product should be added to a recall list.
More Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers!
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block
- Sony Corp / Sony Viao Laptop Model #PCG-4K1L - Warranty and product defect
- Sony Ericsson W810i - Wrong packing or sealing
- Sony Ericson/W395 - Bad post sale service
- Sony - Gift Card
- sonyericsson mobil phone g900 - unwillingness to return my mobile phone
- Sony Bravia KDL-46NX720 - junk! spend more just to lose more!