Sony / Bad service & fraudulent practice

1 India Review updated:

I have bought a SONY VAIO. I complaint so many times about the problem with Battery & Optical Drive. Always, it is return back to me stating it is functioning well. Just after 15 days of over warranty, they says need to replace the battery & optical drive. I informed them that it is under extended warranty. They check & found that i am correct. Now, they says Optical Drive will be replaced but battery will be chargeable. I asked them to go for replacing the optical drive. But when i received the laptop back from them the optical drive was old one only and neither they have replaced nor repaired it. Also, they have kept the extended DDR Main memory of 1 GB from the laptop. When i informed about the same, they states may be main memory is removed by my known person or myself and for optical drive submit your laptop again at service center, we will look into it.

Comments

• Th
      16th of Mar, 2009

I purchased a cam corder from Myer with the promotion running on a $100 cash back, however when I phoned sony to assist me with doing this on there website, the customer service person instructed me on how to fill out the application, but the system was down, he told me to try again later, but as I thought the system error was still there. A couple of months later I phone again to get assistance and they told me that the application has closed and I will not be able to claim my $100 back. No where on my receipt or warranty did it say at Myers that there is a closing date for all applications and the bitter part is that the customer service person could have done my application for me over the phone the first time I rang and there was a system error.
    Typical for a company like Sony to play dirty!

9th of Jun, 2009

my computer from sony when i bought it it came with the screen all bubbly so i sent it in to get fixed they sent me a box to put it and said it would be about ten days. so i sent it in and they fixed the screen but it came back with the rear cover very sreached and the rear stand was broken. my computer has a stand to hold it up. just in case you were wondering. well anyways they are now telling me thats how i sent it in and gave me an estimate of $302.11 to fix. i have always been with sony ive got a ps3 a psp and a computer but truly they have disapointed me im a loyal customer to sony ill think next time before i buy from sony.