Having problems with Sony?

Sony reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 7, 2006. The latest review SONY 65” MODEL XR-65A80J was posted on Oct 2, 2021. The latest complaint uvw1800 and uvw1600 was resolved on Jan 02, 2020. Sony has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 507 reviews. Sony has resolved 221 complaints.

Sony Customer Service Contacts

8800 200 7667 (Russia)
180 058 8885 (Vietman)
+1 888 476 6972 (United States)
+44 207 365 2810 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 073 341 (Ireland)
+61 130 013 7669 (Australia)
+64 800 766 969 (New Zealand)
+43 179 567 639 (Austria)
+32 27 131 626 (Belgium)
+45 38 322 724 (Denmark)
+31 203 469 524 (Netherlands)
+351 214 154 414 (Portugal)
+41 227 614 182 (Switzerland)
+852 28 335 129 (Hong Kong)
+60 130 088 1233 (Malaysia)
+63 28 787 600 (Philippines)
+82 15 880 911 (South Korea)
+66 27 156 100 (Thailand)
+971 800 7669 (UAE & Middle East)
1-7-1 Konan
Minato-ku
Japan - 108-0075
Canada
2235 Shepard Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, ON M2J 5C2

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sony Customer Service. Initial Sony complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sony above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sony. Discuss the issues you have had with Sony and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sony Complaints & Reviews, Page 25

Sony Ericsson Service Center — Cheating and torturing customers!

I feel as if I am being cheated by Sony Ericsson Service Center guys. They say that my cell has been...

Sony Ericsson W300iPhone undelivered from service center and misbehavior!

I bought sony ericson w300i on 24 march 2007, in the month of june on date 8/6/o7 my phone suddenly gt hanged and then it neva turned on... i thought its sum software trouble and i should take it to service center nearby... on 9/06/07 i took it to TELERIKSON, NEHRU GROUND, FARIDABAD... i was told about some software trouble in phone and was asked to come on tuesday dated 12/6... as being told i reached the service center and i was not delivered my phone back, despite this they forgot to give me job sheet earlier for which they created scene. And as i had my battery along with me they finally realized their carelessness and gave me job sheet and told me to come on Saturday 16/6... meanwhile i called them repeatedly to ask for update but there was nobody to pick up phone... and on wednesday wen i called them they said phone will not be delivered as there is some other problem in it. As i was not getting any proper reply, i preferred going to them and ask, beside helping me some MR.KISHAN misbehaved with me,after certain point he asked me to come on wednesday dated 20/6... and even then they have no answers to my questions. In fact they are also confused for the job sheet no. they have given to me. The another excuse was to call them finally on saturday and take my cell back surely, bt even then they didn't give it back... and the way they treat is pathetic... Meanhwile i had even complaint about the matter at the main service center, at Okhla, no action has been taken by them also till date...

I don't know what is the problem with my cellphone and what is the current update wid its condition... nobody is replying, n i feel either they have misplaced my phone or they still haven't corrected the problem. And now i feel going to consumer court and also launching a complaint with RTI for not providing me with the required information regarding my cellphone.

I am a media person, its a regular job for me to b updated with my news feed thats to be submitted with the organization i am working with and these days not only i m suffering professionally, my organization is also suffering coz of this hampered communication system between me and them. My job is at stake and they are not taking this thing seriously and beside understanding the problem of a customer, these people are misbehaving and misdirecting me with irresponsible answers?

If i am bearing the technical cause of delay, being the loyal customer. One pays so much for a product for not only its features but also its after sales service. And sony people are not concerned about their customers getting troubled... I have lost my patience now, and i feel some serious action has to be taken against such a irresponsible behavior by service centers... n i even afraid they must have ruined the external condition of my very new cellphone... i am in so much tensions... kindly help and direct me to right direction...

• Ge
      gerry mc ateer Nov 09, 2007

In August, I purchased a Sony Ericsson W300i phone which came with a headset as an accessory. which I use all the time for music and the radio. Basically the problem is that the headset is such a shoddy and flimsy design that within a few weeks one of the spring clips that attach the headsdet broke off rendering it useless. Problem is these clips are made with flimsy brittle plastic that breaks easily and are certainly unsuitable for use in the moblle environment. This rubbish most certainly do not conform to even the basic of design standards and they have no right to be foisting it on their customers.
      If they are intended to last which clearly they are not they should be made with metal coated in plastic or solid plastic.
      Also there is another problem with this component. The headpones have small rubber covers without which they are inaudible. The problem with these is that they come off very easily get snagged on clothing etc and are easily lost.
      My allegation against sony ericsson is that foisting this kind of rubbish on their customers is a deliberate and very cleverly disguised double con and a scam to get customers parting with more of their money purchasing new accessories from them. When i brought this to their attention they said not our fault and (Guess what) You need to buy a new set from our accessories dept for £19.99.

Clearly there is something wrong here that needs to be brought to light and investigated before any more consumers become victims of this subterfuge and are out of pocket. Quite clearly this is a scam and a con albeit very cleverly disguised one and Sony Ericsson need to be brought to book for this kind of unethical practice.

Sony Ericsson P990i — Bitter experience with Sony Ericsson mobile and service!

I had a bitter experience with Sony Ericsson's P990i product and one of Sony Ericsson's certified...

Sony Handycam DCR HC21ELCD went blank

I purchased this product at kathmandu nepa hima trade links pvt ltd in nov 2005 warranty certificate 8060 serial no. 1326244. I have been using the camcorder since then but not regularly only on occasions. Yesterday all on a sudden the lcd went blank. No display absolutely. The product never fell from hands and no kind of rough handling has been done in the past. Although the touch panel seems to be functioning it is of no use since there is no display. No light on the screen, so cant make out anything. I am very upset and surprised about the reliability of this product.

• Ms
        m. shasti Jun 21, 2011

My Sony handycam DCR-HC21E bought in 2005, never had any rough experience on it. but currently the LCD is blank.
        I wonder, why the reliability of this product only for 3 years?
        What is the real problem? Anyone knows? Due to I will fix it this weekend and don't want to get fooled by the service center.

• Al
        Alexandre Sutrisno Sep 12, 2008

Mine also bought in 2005, never had any rough experience on it. but currently the LCD is blank.

I wonder, why the reliability of this product only for 3 years?

Sony Ericsson W810iNon return of stereo speaker

I submit my W810I stereo speaker for replacement vide complaint ID # [protected] on 13 march 2007 at Anubhav Electronics, Shop No. 27, Seawood, Nerul, Navi Mumbai-400 706 (Authorized service center of Sony Ericsson). The sad service center is lockout as on date.

• De
          Devender Singh May 02, 2008

I Mr. Devender Singh, live in New Delhi i want to complaint about my cell which is W810i its really good phone but there was a problem in the speaker and i go to a service center they maintain it very well but after that the headphone voice is too much weak when i go again there they told me that we are not responsible for this u checked it before taken here. and we cannot take back it and solve this problem tell me why it is there now its hang too much time when i listen songs. i want action against it and i really dissapoint from this i think sony ericsson service center is best but i m wrong reply me as soon as possible (Devender Singh Mob: [protected], RZF-44/16, Sadh Nagar-II, Palam Colony, New Delhi - 110045

Sony Ericsson W710iDefect piece sold and company not ready for replacement

I had purchased the new W710i phone on 21st Nov 06 at Sony World - Kormangala. 4 months from the date of purchase ( in the month of February 07 ) the outer rubber panel of the phone started coming off. As you know that the walkman and radio operation buttons are on the outer cover of the phone it had become very difficult for me to operate the phone. I took the phone to the Sony world shop and the manager there suggested I talk to yourself regarding the same and I did meet you and showed you the condition of my phone.

It was then that Mr. Shoji spoke to Raju at the service center ( Salora ) and provided me with a phone replacement. But when I questioned as to is there any guarantee if this is not gonna happen the second time Mr.Shoji had promised me stating that this time you please take this and if it happens again then I will assure you that I am OK for you to go for a different model of the phone and that I should bear the extra charges that would be applicable when taking a different model of the phone.

But 4 months post the first replacement of the phone the rubber panel has come off again. I spoke to Raju at the service center and he tell me that the earlier lot of handsets were defective and when the phone replacement was done I was again given a phone from that defective lot itself. So now that they have received a fresh stock of panels which are free from defect they will replace the panel for me.

I am not really happy with the product or the service. I have invested 14400rs in buying a phone that is good in terms of feature and Sony being such a big brand which is free from all flaws. But the response I am getting this time is not really acceptable, can you or your higher authority or Raju give me a written guarantee that this time after getting the panel replacement the same problem will not re-occur. What should I be doing if it reoccurs.

Respond

Sony KDP57XBR2Sony do not stand behind there products!

I purchased a sony big screen tv after 2 years had all three crt's go out sony said warranty was up and 1 month after having service people look at tv and tell me what was going on sony put out a recall on that very tv in regards to very issue I was having after numerous calls and fighting they shut the door on me not covering the very recall that was wrong with the tv. I even stated I would pay for labor if they paid for parts meeting them half way the refused so after today my 8000.00 worth of sony products will be replaced with another brand name. Do not buy a sony anything they do not stand behind there products...

Respond

Indiatimes Auction / Sony CamcorderShort delivery of accessories and indifferent attitude of Indiatimes auction

I had won a bid for the camcorder which promised the camera +Mini DV cassettes. The ref for the order was [protected]. The payment was collected in advance which is around INR 18500. The auction was on on 15th Feb and payment collected instantaneously. The supply was made in a shabbily packed carton on 26th Feb. To my surprise the promised cassettes (SONY Mini DV - 5 nos) was missing. I took it up immediately with Indiatimes auctions through online feedback and followed up with a number of calls at toll free no *[protected]. Everytime the call centre chap made me repeat the story, the next day I receive a call from iniatimes that delivery shall be made in 3 days and the story repeats endlessly. For the past one week, the call centre guy tales that someone senior will get back t0 me in 20 minutes but I do not know the benchmarking for the timescale indiatimes adopt. I am frantically searching he email or tel. of the CEO of indiatimes auction so that I can have a personal talk with him to get his opinion that someone who as paid around Rs 18500 on blind faith will not follow up endlessly for goodies worth around Rs 500.

Such a bitter experience and taste it left in me that i have decided not ever to go for online purchase on indiatimes auction(india). My mobile no is [protected] (new delhi). I hope if someone can help me to get to the ceo so that i can see an end to this impasse. Else as a last resort i shall take resort to the managing director, times of india.

Sony DCR HC40EE61:10 error / LCD screen not working‎

I bought a Sony Handycam (Model DCR-HC40E) 3 years back from Delhi, India. After using it for a week, I confronted with a problem. The LCD screen of my handycam stopped working, though I was able to take shots using the View Finder.

I am a resident of Jamshedpur, India and when I contacted the Sony Service Center in Jamshedpur, they took my camera and sent it to Ranchi Sony Service Center for the repair. I got back the camera after 1 week and they didn’t charge me anything as it was under the warranty period. The LCD Screen started working and all this while I was happy with the usage of the camera. I would also like to mention here that am very careful and particular about the maintenance of my handycam.

I am on a vacation in Singapore and my camera was working PERFECT the first 2 days and let me took a lot of shots (still as well as video). One morning out of the blue, when I switched on the camera, I faced with the exact same problem (LCD screen blank/not working, even though the battery was fully charged). And when I tried to switch into the View Finder mode, it displayed me an error E61:10 and zoom, autofocus all stopped working. The picture is blurr and I cannot see anything basically.

I was not able to find any information pertaining to error E61:10 from your Sony website, and when I did a Google search I was amazed to see a lot of people faced the same problem and the solution they gave on the following sites surprised me:

http://www.pechorin.com/m/2004/01/22/Error_Codes_Assistance-208526-27.html )

The solution given on all these sites were to SMACK the CAMERA!!! See the sample text below:

Now the fix you will not believe, nor did I at first, but requires you to power off the unit completely and "Smack it" a few times fairly hard. Now you may do this at your risk, but I swear it fixed mine and all the other people listed at the above web site. I thought it was a joke - but it works!

Try turning the camera on and give it a big whack on a hard surface.Turn off and see . 3-4 for times should work. A stuck lense problem. I am NOT ready to do this on my precious possession and that’s why am writing this mail to you, so that I get to know what does the error E61:10 means and how to get my camera back to running and functioning mode.

I have very high regards for all Sony products and I am sincerely hope my trust on ur brand is not lost.

Respond

Sony Vaio — Do not buy Sony VAIO!

I am so mad that I can't even think straight .. It is a long story, to make the long story short DO NOT...

Sony MHC-RV22 — Defective product!

I got sony mhc-rv22 deck in june 2005 with warranty of 1 year. From the last 3 months or so, the music system...

Sony / Sony Cybershot DSC-S600 Digital CameraDefective camera / non compliance to complains

I had bought sony cyber shot model no.DSC-S600, digital camera bearing serial no. 8421440 on [protected] from 'TARANG'S' Bhopal vide cash memo no. 1356. The machine started malfunctioning from oct. 2006 onwards: the screen would read ' turn the power off and on again', next the shutter jammed. On submitting it for repairs at the service centre, it's motor to shutter was allegedly replaced. I was told that either the motor had gone bad or the camera had been dropped, I am sure the latter was not the case. The camera functioned for a couple of weeks, then reverted back to its malfunctioning mode. Shutter lens don't move at all. On notifying the service station, I have been made to understand that it is me who is either dropping or banging the camera. The statement is devoid responsibility & utterly obnoxious.

• St
                    Stacey Sep 27, 2008

Exact samer thing happened to me! I hate this camera!

• Je
                    jen Sep 02, 2008

this exact thing has happened to me...after learning to live with it (and noticing it is a sign of low battery in some cases) i now have a jammed on/off switch that is going to cost me as must to fix as it is to replace the camera. wonderful. yet...i still love the Sony point and shoot...just wish they could get their act together and wish i could trust them with my next purchase.

Sony India P Ltd / Handycam(Camcoder) — Product failure

own a SONY Handicam (Digital Camcoder ,DCR HC21E ) which was purchased one year ago.However, I have used thi...

Sony Ericsson W810iWrong packing or sealing

I bought a new w810i on 13th of January and right on the next day i found that its memory card was right protected and then i gave it to the service centre it took a week nearly to get it replaced.

After having it back i found that the internal memory of phone was just 10 mb now. I asked from all my friends and i searched it on internet thats its internal memory is either 20 mb or 41 mb so when both of the things that is the device and the memory card were having faults how the company that is sony ericsson dared to seal that box having a write protected memory card and a less internal memory device is it fault of the company or it is the shopkepper who gave the wrong box. Whom should i complaint i mean that the consumer takes a phone to give it or leave it in the service centre I truly suggest the company to change there slogan to this that is take a brand new phone from us and leave it at service centre for just for its care.

4 Responses
                    • Ar
                      arungowda Jul 28, 2009

Hello Sir/Madam,

My name is Arun I had a problem with my phone from the day when I bought it for the first time I have given my Sony Erricsson cell phone (IMEI NO. [protected]) (model G502) for servicing to an authorized Sony Ericsson service center (in ascentel, B.O. No. 1038, Dr Rajkumar road, 4th Block, Rajajinagar, Bangalore – 10 Ph: [protected]) they said it’s a software update problem, after the repair the next day itself it was not working so I went & gave the set for repair second time, even that time also they have said it’s a software update problem & they took 9 days to repair that, I received the set on 13/6/09 back but end of the same day it was not working. again for the third time I given to repair Since the set was within warranty they said it's having mother board problem & it has to be changed, for that they took 11 days, finally I received set on 24/7/09 but by the evening again it was not working so again I went and given for repair, so I have asked them to replace my set, but they said I need to raise an complaint & after that only they can tell me the status. For this they have given online work order no. – SE309AT210349

I want to raise complaint with customer court

So Pls help me to replace this set or at least give me back my money.

Regards

Arun
                      Or pls Contact me on this no. [protected]

• Ag
                      agent99 Jan 05, 2008

Sachin Sakpal:
                      With regards of your mail..(which had nothing to do with the original post)

If you had it on PAYG & dont have a box or any paper work... then give up mate.

If you were on contract then contact your sevice provider who will then advise you what to do.

Get insurance next time.

• Ca
                      Cason Clarke Dec 16, 2007

I am the owner of a Sony Ericsson W710i. This phone was bought from Digicel Jamaica, subsequent to mailing this purchase it was found out that the phone repeatedly turned off by its self and was no longer vibrateing. I also detected that the rubber placed around the phone to operate its external features started to lift. The phone was returuned to the dealer an could not be repaired so it was replaced. Even though it was replaced it was without my 512 memory card. I made numerous complaint to the dealer and its Head Office in Kingston Jamaica (Digicel Jamaica). I also logged a complaint to the contractors that are hired to repair the Sony Ericsson phones on warrenty and no one wanted to hold responsiblity for my misplaced M2 512 MB memory card. I am therefore requesting that your company replace my Sony Ericsson W710i phone with another phone that has similer features as I think they are faulty. The new phone that I recieved is faulty werein the rubber that is used to operate the external features of the phone is starting to lift. Please note that the new phone I have recieved is less than four months old. I am becoming frustrated and upset so please see the need to replace my phone. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Yours Truly
                      Cason Anthony Clarke

[email protected]

sachin sakpal Nov 01, 2007

Please let me know how to locate a mobile which is stolen. Else please help me to deactivate it for ever in order to save it from any undesirable usage of wrong hands.

It is W810i. I do have its IMEI no as well

Please help me.

Sony HandicamProduct failure

Product Category : Video Cameras
                    Model Number : DCR-HC21E

I own a SONY Handicam (Digital Camcoder ,DCR HC21E ) which was purchased one year and 2 months ago (23rd December 2005).However, I have used this camera only less than 5 hours so far for recording video. I confronted with a problem when I tried to download the content of the tape(cassette)into my system using the USB cable as per the instruction provided in the user's manual. After downloading a part of the content my computer got hung and stopped responding. When I restarted the system, I found that my system was not detecting the Handycam. My computer is powered by a Pentium 4 with Widows XP operating system. This was the first time I tried using this feature ( content transfer from Tape to the computer)of the product. I approached I the nearest Authorized Sony service centre with the camera and after inspecting the equipment, they informed me that the circuit board has to be replaced to rectify the problem which would cost me more than Rs. 5000 minimum.!and there is no warranty for the replaced component! Moreover, the exact reason for failure is not known to the technicians ! I am very much disappointed with this type of product failure that too ,in the first instance of using a key product feature. These is no warning or precaution in the manual about this kind of susceptibility of product failure to alert the user. In fact , this is one of the main features that motivated me to invest in this particular product.

Now , I really have doubts about the reliability of Sony s latest products , especially with Camcoders. Is the technology used in Sony Camcoder prone to failures like this? Why a core feature of the product ( transferring the content of the tape to a computer through USB cable) that is expected to be used very often fails like this? Have your R& D team or other customers ever confronted this problem? What should I have done to prevent this problem under normal circumstances?

sony-india-b103692">Sony India customer care team and the people at the local service centre were not given me a proper and convincing answer as to why my instrument failed under normal conditions.Even after thorough examination they gave me only a few possibilities and probable causes for product failure which are ruled out beyond doubt in my case.. I still feel that company has the accountability to their customers who relied on their products ,to ensure that they have offered them a trouble free and durable product. Since my experience with both local service centre and Customer support team are not satisfactory I feel that justice has not been done to my case.

These are my conclusions based on my experience with sony product & Customer support:

1.The Sony Handicam that I purchased is prone to failure under normal conditions.
                    2.The service support team is not competent enough to detect the exact cause of the problem ( after thorough examination) other than giving assumptions ( which are ruled out under normal user environment.)
                    3.After sale service and support are not pro- customer oriented.and there is no accountability on company's part for product failure.
                    4.Buying Handicam products of Sony is not advisable.

• Pm
                        P.M.Abdul Kadir Jul 09, 2007

I own a DCR-DVD 101 E modelhandycam and used only 2 hrs: for recording. Now it's spindle of the motor is not working. The sony service center (Thrissur) told me to pay Rupees 6000/= to fix it.

I have heard that only by 1500/= Rupees we can fix this from other service center. Now I feel very sad on purchasing the Sony product.

Sony / Jumbo Electronics - Dubai — Deplorable after sales customer service

I purchased a sony tv, model SZ29M80 from Jumbo Electronics in Dubai, UAE on 10/08/2006 and on 30/01/2007, it...

Sony Ericsson India — Unjustified and unreasonable acts of the manufacturers and service providers

I purchased 1 pc. Sony Ericsson W800i cell phone (IMEI No. [protected]) from M/S S.P. Communication on...

Sony Grand WEGA LCD Projection TVDefective optical blocks

My Sony Grand WEGA LCD Projection TV is one of many Sony TVs with defective optical blocks. This is the main projection component costing over $1,000 to replace.

Sony issued a service bulletin acknowledging they made some defective TVs with this problem. But they are refusing to stand behind the product. Many of these defective TVs only last 1 to 3 years.
                      It appears there are so many bad ones, that Sony can't get replacement parts quick enough. We have been waiting 2 months and still no scheduled delivery date.
                      To add to the insult, Sony pays to repair some of these out-of-warranty TVs but refuses to pay for others when they all are in the same age range and have the same defective part!
                      Google "Sony TV Problems" as I did and you will find how widespread the problems are.

no1jukebox Apr 16, 2008

I am having the same blue bleeding, don't know exactly what to do about it. I have heard that sony doesn't seem to care, any info would be helpful.. thanks.

Sony Rewards - Digital CameraDishonest rotten company

Bought a Sony digital camera and memory stick thru Sony Rewards. Received it in Aug, 2006. The memory stick did not fit the camera and the camera was junk. So returned them immediately. Sony refuses to refund the $250 I paid for them. I insured the mail and the USPS refuses to pay the claim. Seems like a multibillion dollar company would treat customers right instead of stealing from them! I recommend none buy any more Sony products as they are a dishonest rotten company.

• Tu
                            Tubal Aug 29, 2009

Sonyrewards is official Sony.

It's a website set up to use sony points you earn by making purchases on your sony visa card. There isn't enough info to know exactly what happened on this transaction. If your purchase is more than the points you have accrued, you can "buy" points from Sony to complete the purchase.

I'm not sure what the return policy is when you use points to make a purchase.

The OP's claim doesn't really make sense, because all Sony cameras take Sony Memory Stick media, and you can only purchase sony products on this website.

• Be
                            benbo53 Jan 24, 2009

I still don't know the connection between Sony Rewards Marketplace and Sony?? Is there a direct, corporate connection? I am familiar with SonyStyle.com, having shopped there a few times, but this other- I dunno.

I think it's just another would be "authorized" type .com shop, with no real authorization.

Anyone know anything different?

Sony Ericsson K300iDo not buy Sony Ericsson K300i model, it's defective!

I am using sony ericssion k300i but there is problem occurred due joystick which is movable up, down left side and right side. I bought that model on last year April 2006. From dec onwards the problem occur again and again. Do not buy Sony Ericsson K300i model, it's defective!

3 Responses
                            • Vi
                              Vikram Jul 20, 2008

I bought my cell on Sep 2005. After 8-9 months, the issue of joystick stick. I Repaired it from Service Center and now.. after 30 months+ of usage, The power button is not pressable. Anywayz, according to me, this is one the good mobile phones that SE have provided. Only few mobiles are there which work more than 2 years ( I am talking about camera phones).

• Am
                              Amol Jun 13, 2008

Hi, I have the same issue with K300i. Joystick moves in any direction. I purchased on 27 th Feb 2006. After 7-8 months, issue started. Beauty is in pune there is No authorized service center where I can go and repair it. Can anyone guide me.

• Mr
                              Mr. Progtech Jan 25, 2007

I have a problem with my sony ericsson product.

I have a model of Sony Ericsson K300i. i bought that model since last year but now that model becomes problematic, it suddenly shutdown without pressing any buttons. When i turn it on, it won't. after you press the power on, the red light just keep blinking for few seconds then nothing happens.