SnapFish / e-mail promo code different when entered!

For years I have been with Snapfish. I have spent hundreds of dollars on both the US and the UK sites, and I have gotten many of my family and friends to join as well. I also watch the offers like a hawk to time my purchases. This morning, I received an e-mail promoting $40 off with promo code 40CUSTOM. Here is the copy/paste:

"$40 off 8x11 Custom Cover Photo Books

Relive your favorite moments in a beautiful 8" x 11" Custom Cover Photo Book. Use code 40CUSTOM by 4/30.* "

So I login to Snapfish, deciding that this is worth it, especially since I'd been toying with the idea of printing up books instead of individual prints for a while and this would let me see if I actually liked it or not. I spend the better part of an hour setting up the book and the captions the way I want, and go to the checkout. I enter the promo code and it comes up with the following:

"Promotion code:
40% off 8" x 11" custom cover photo books Remove coupon"

40% is a far cry from $40, and I click Live Help to try to sort it out. Some representative on the other line with an unpronounceable name comes on the screen, and I explain my situation. What does he say?

"I'm sorry, the coupon code is for 40% off custom photo books, not $40."

I explain that even so, this is false advertising, and I've only built this book because of the promotional code that was sent to me in my e-mail. There was no follow up e-mail by the time I'd contacted him to correct the mistake (nor is there now for that matter). He sends me links about the 40% off promotion and tells me to read the bottom of the e-mail, and the only thing I could figure that he was trying to get me to read was this:

"8. Offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time."

I said to him, "So basically you're telling me that you/Snapfish is using an obscure clause to refuse to honor a promotion that is less than 2 hours old?"

What did he say?

"I'm sorry, the coupon code is for 40% off custom photo books, not $40."

Now tell me, is this a droid or an actual person? Why are all the responses so cue-cardish? For crying out loud, I was planning on surprising my Mom with 2000+ pictures printed for her 50th birthday in July, but now, Snapfish is going to completely lose me and everyone that I turned to them. Their customer service is getting worse and worse, and I'm not going to stick with a company that uses an obscure clause to justify scamming their customers with false advertisements, who might then feel that their emotional investment in the creation of the product will make it too difficult to not purchase.

Snapfish have become scam artists. I'm through with them.

Am
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Be
      29th of Apr, 2013

We later found out that this gentleman is a broker posing as a buyer of various products. Please don't deal with this individual out of 6th October City Egypt. We have proof if he tries to deny any of the above in writing.