Snapdeal.com / bajaj food processor fx11

II 203 second lessor ecological village Old nagardas road II II East Andheri, Mumbai, Mumbai, India Review updated:

My order Bajaj Food Processor FX 11 was delivered on 20th November.On unboxing I find that 13 out of the total 17 parts that are shipped with this product are defective.The atta kneading blade has a cut seems like it's stuck with glue, chopper blade plastic has rough edges if I run this in mixer the plastic particles will mix with food, similarly the other 13 parts have scratches and rough finishing. I am currently based in Germany, had ordered this product online with snapdeal for delivery to Goa.I unboxed it after the 7- days timeline that snapdeal has for returns, as I was not in India before that.The product is however under 5 years warranty(motor), 2 years warranty(other parts). I contacted snapdeal on 22nd Dec and they asked me to contact Bajaj Service centre, no complaint was raised with snapdeal by this time. Bajaj technician came home and report that the product appears fake, the item has rough finishing, plastic is of thinner quality.He also claimed that when product is bought online it could be duplicate.We arranged a telephonic call between snapdeal agent and Bajaj technician. Then Snapdeal agent 'Nikita Saigal' raised a complaint for us with their team on 26th Dec and committed to us that our issue will be addressed in 48 hrs and WE WILL GET A REPLACEMENT FOR PRODUCT.Nikita from Snapdeal was aware that 7-days return timeline is over but still she herself raised this complaint as the product delivered was reported to be fake and the brand Bajaj also had this view against Snapdeal.When we confirmed with Nikita, she also said that they dont need any reference letter etc. for this "fake/duplicate claim" from Bajaj.Note that by this time Bajaj team was ready to provide us replacement of 13 parts which were defective, but as remaining 4 parts might not fit with the replaced parts we opted to go with Snapdeal's option of complete product replacement as they claimed it. We received a call in 48 hrs from Bajaj, but again the 7 days return policy issue was raised.We explained the complete case history again and complaint was then redirected to some different department and we were asked to wait for 48 hrs.Since then, the complaint is being redirected to multiple executives from Snapdeal, each one setting different expectations.A gentleman Punit from Snapdeal, stated that this is a fault from Snapdeal and committed that product is going to be replaced in 4-6 days, told me that I will receive a call within 2 hours.But there was no call in 2 hours, I had to call them again wherein a different executive Rahul asked me to explain the whole case again and wait for 48 hours more. For a customer it is immaterial whether I am talking to concerned department or any other department.I look at Snapdeal as one entity, if they have such departments then why do they authorize other executives to give such commitments about product replacements to customers.They make us wait for 48 hours again and keep redirecting to different departments internally and give a different response at the end of it.Moreover, in every call why do they ask customer to repeat what is the issue.I have also asked an executive Rahul to write down in complaint log the details committed by other Snapdeal executives and that they have failed to call me within the committed time.But even after all this in the last call from Dipanthi from Snapdeal I was asked to explain the issue and to explain who from Snapdeal gave such commitments.Instead of having any apologetic tone this lady Dipanthi spoke to me as if she was doing a favour on me by doing her own job! I am on a short vacation from Germany for spending quality time with family, but due to Snapdeal and its executives who make false commitments, set expectations and waste our time its been a very frustrating experience.I don't generalize this about other online shopping websites but Snapdeal certainly has proved to be totally customer insensitive!I strongly recommend everyone to never get into any transactions with Snapdeal and note that their Customer Service is pathetic.

Am
Jan 02, 2016

Comments

• On
      Jan 04, 2016

Dear Amrita Nevrekar

We apologize for the inconvenience. We care about your grievance, and your complaint has been noted and is currently being worked upon by our team. We would like to know more about your problem and its details. Please share your order ID, complaint no. and contact details with us at [protected]@snapdeal.com, mentioning your order ID in the subject line of the mail.

Thank you for cooperating.

Regards,