SmartStyle / over price

1 Daniels and Hwy 41Ft Myers, FL, United States

Went to my local Wal-Mart on Daniels Parkway and Highway 41. I was having a stressful morning, so decided to go to Smart Style to have my hair washed and blow dry.

I was signed in at 11:45 a.m. for my daughter and me to only have a hair wash and blow dry. (This is a mother, daughter and aunt working there shop - a family!!) No waiting list and no one was being serviced when I arrived and when I left - there was no one there waiting for service. This is why...

There was no sign displaying the cost of the shampoo. But, I figured how much can they possible charge. On average it's between $2.00 and $4.00 per person.

The "aunt" that was washing my hair asked me do you want a quote on how much it will cost to have your hair blow dried. I said sure. For your daughter's hair (shoulder length) the cost is $18.00 on top of the $13.00 hair wash and for you $25.00 (long length) on top of your $13.00 hair wash. I was shocked at the amount of the fee and told her no, thanks. Towel dry is good.

Needless to say, we both left there with our hair dripping wet and where charged $26.00 for a wash (did not even get a receipt). I looked up at the clock as I paid and it was 11:52 a.m. (7 mins for both for $26.00) WOW! Talk about highway robbery!

I would discourage EVERYONE from going to this salon!! You get a better wash and dry at Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sams (Same type of chain salons as Smart Style) for those money tight situations and for a high end salon I would say go to Vincent's or "Hair Salon" on Lee Blvd.

But, Never, Ever go to Barbara, her mother and aunt shop!! Yike! There is nothing "Smart" about this place other than rip offs!!

Rm