Sleepless In Seattle - Due To Priceline / did not get what paid for.

1 NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 631-766-4047

Never ever using Priceline again!!!

Comments

• Jr
      8th of Aug, 2009

If this was so important, why were you so casual about getting out there to the wedding on time? It didn't matter whether it was a priceline ticket, or purchased directly from the airlines. With summer storms, mechanical problems, and crowded airlines, it was simply stupid to have left on the day of a "once in a lifetime event" since delayed flights are common.

The rental car mechanical problem has nothing to do with priceline. Don't blame priceline for things beyond their control.

I am sorry your sister has a brother like you who expects that airline travel will always be on time, and thus fails to allow sufficient time to allow for the possible delays.

• St
      9th of Aug, 2009

Never ever using Priceline again!!! 1st Problem - the first car was too small, so I upgraded. Driving to my hotel aprox 30 miles away, there was no leg room. The next morning driving it, started to hear noise coming from one of the tires, immediately took it back, and got yet another car, upgraded again. 2nd problem - I arrived at my airport at 4:30am (EST), wanting to avoid any boarding problems. At 8:00am I was in my seat on the plane, when my name was called to get off (it was very embarrassing). They over-booked the flight. I booked my flight one month before, plus getting their before anyone else, it was very disheartening. They put me on a later flight, arriving at the destination at 10pm (pst). The reason for my trip was to attending my sisters wedding. I was scheduled to arrive at 3pm, when I finally arrived the celebration was over!! Due to our father passing, I was to escort my sister during the ceremony and reception. This once in a lifetime event. It I knew this was going to happen, would of booked with someone else. 3rd problem - arriving at my hotel at 11pm Friday (22 hours after my wife dropped me off at the airport for my flight out). I checked out of the hotel Sunday morning. The clerk said to contact price-line for my refund owed to me. I emailed and received a standard answer - no refund. I am one step away from backing out the charges to my credit card - because I did not get the service and satisfaction that was presented to me. You broke the contract. I want some type of restitution. Lastly - the main reason for using priceline, was all the commercials of Willian S. (Capt Kirt). If you are reading this - "Shame on You" - you are not the man you use to be!!!

• Me
      9th of Aug, 2009

I find it very strange that if you were already seated, what made them choose your name? Usually when an airline overbooks on a flight, this is something they notice before they even allow boarding to start. That just doesn't even make sense!?
    Sorry that you missed out on your family event though, that's crappy!