Sleep Number Corporation / sleep number bed p5

1 Toms River, NJ, United States

I've had a sleep number bed P5 for less than a year now (I purchased the bed in July 2017). I have had 2 major issues up to this point; both the same issue. The head of the bed gets stuck in the up position, and won't go down. The message on the remote tells me there was a power outage and the bed needs to be recalibrated (you can't use the remote for anything until it's recalibrated). When I follow the directions to recalibrate, both sides of the head of the bed go up, however the right side goes down to flat, as it should, but the left side does not go down. I had a technician out 3-4 months ago who fixed it, and now I have the same exact problem, all in less than a year of ownership. I'd like to return the bed, feeling its defective (especially since technician says he's never seen this happen twice), but sleep number will not exchange or take back. So incredibly frustrating to have spent $5, 000+ for a mattress when I could have (and should have) gone to a local mattress store and got something just as good for half the money and not this aggravation.

Ch