[Resolved] Skyscannerprices shown online to point of booking

Hi, I just wanted to get in touch about a recent issue we came across which ended up costing us an extra £100 per person (x4) to what our research had suggested when using your service for checking flights and prices. We had been looking at prices over a few weeks and it always varied between £50-£80 per flight, we always know the prices go up a bit with add ons as you go through the booking service so were expecting the prices to increase slightly. This time when we got to the final booking, the prices had increased to £170 odd per person, costing us another £400 to our holiday. Irritatingly the last time I checked that reduced price is still showing on your system, so sure we are not the only ones to have got caught out like this. Its so frustrating as we always use you to get options and we have been really let down. The flight in question is Biaritz to Southampton on 1.9. I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks Helen

• Resolution statement

• Skyscanner Customer Care's Response, Jun 18, 2018

Hi Helen, thanks for your note, although I'm sorry that you have had this problem. We can't handle customer service issues left on here directly, but if you drop us a line via our contact us form someone will come back to you: https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new Many thanks, Jon - Skyscanner Support

He
Jun 16, 2018

Comments

•   Jun 17, 2018

Skyscanner does not sell by themselves. They are one of the search engines for flight offers and one of the agents among all agents.
    You can not claim anything, if you have not made the payment,
    as it is impossible to check the source of the increse during your search objectivale.

I am not associated with Skyscanner.

Regards,
    manager for ICAO/IATA irregulations mattes, e-mail: aryan(at)vivaldi.net, air.irregulations(at)asia.com - for requests for private claims along with e-ticket only / substitute antispam (at) = @ in address field /

• Ow
      Jun 28, 2018

Yes Helen, I’ve the exact same problem with the site... how come I search a price, find one I’m happy with, fill in all my info and at the last click to pay, the price has jumped up from €469 to €578?????
    It is total bulls#*t... how can you account for this! And it’s not the first time ether.. flying to Sri Lanka last year price jumped €105 per person (x5) at the last click to book the flight... absolute false advertising... if you need the flight, eventually you just have to give in and book at the higher price. And yes of course the site is still showing the lesser price when you check again... blatantly misleading people! I’m never using Skyscanner again on a point of principle!...

Owen