Sit and Sleep / Warranty service

I bought a 2300 Chatom and Wells mattress from Sit and Sleep with a Mattress pad that would guarantee the mattress from any stains. The mattress has sunken in over the five years and I called for the warranty inspection to have it taken care of. I was told when we bought it that any problems within the ten years that they would replace the mattress. The company sent out some guy who took measurements and said I would be contacted about the warranty. Approximately five days latter I received a letter from Sit and Sleep that due to a Stain on the mattress the warranty is null and void. The mattress pad sold to us was to guarantee the mattress warranty and not allow any stains to the mattress. The stain is the sized of a Quarter on a Cal. King mattress because the mattress paid did not due it job. I am thinking of filing an action against Sit and Sleep and Chatom and Wells but it is hard to get the information on the warranty from the company. Does anyone have any experience with this that can help us? It is obvious that Sit and Sleep did not back up the warranty on the mattress paid that would have not voided the warranty and you would think that a small stain would void the warranty. Anyone out there thinking about buying one of these should take note.

Vi

Comments

• Mo
      17th of Aug, 2009

I am having a problem with my mattress from Sit in Sleep as well. I have an E Collection Vitality that is less than a year old. The bottom of the mattress "tears" when we change the sheets. We had the "mattress inspector" come out and take pictures. A week later I called to see what was happening and was told that since the mattress has obvious tears in it that it is not covered under warranty. The customer service agent would not let me talk to a manager or give me the warranty company information. Her advice was to read the instructions on how to move the mattress correctly. I asked to return the mattress, she calmly said not allowed and then she hung up. I would not buy from Sit in Sleep or recommend any one to buy from them.

• 97
      29th of Jun, 2011
    Sit and Sleep - Bad customer service
    Sit and Sleep

We purchased two mattresses at Sit and Sleep and the nightmare started when they didn't deliver it. Then after taking delivery two weeks later the pillow top shifts and on the center of the bed a big lump. First of all, the customer service reps in Gardena are speak GHETTO and start out by saying, "How can we provide you with excellent service." Well, this company can't because they "DISHONEST." I don't get why they start out saying this, I just wish I'd never put foot in their stores. The CEO of this company or owner must be a total idiot and isn't paying attention to what is going on. He needs to pick up his head off the cement and hire a consulting firm or something that will increase quality assurance. Whatever you do, stay away from Sit and Sleep. Shop for your mattress elsewhere. This place is a HOAX!!

• Sv
      17th of Aug, 2011
    Sit and Sleep - Very Dissatisfied
    Sit and Sleep

I purchased a Serta Metropolitan mattress from the Store in Palmdale Lancaster California. My Sales person was Michael Robinson.

My first complaint is that they promised me a week out delivery from the date of purchase, which I had to take off work to be home for. I was notified the day of my delivery that the mattress was not put on their delivery truck. My sales person offered me a 200.00 refund for my inconvenience. I was satisfied at that point.

The next week’s delivery again did not show up as promised by sit n sleep this happened three weeks in a row. Each time I had to take time off work to sit and wait for them to come.. With last minute notices that my mattress wasn’t in the store for some off the wall excuse, by my Sales person.

I was promised this 200.00 refund and to this day still haven’t seen it hit my mail box. Almost a month into my check of 1986.00 clearing. As I speak to Michael I become more and more frustrated due to his babbling on with excuses instead of straight answers.

As we were purchasing this mattress, our sales person was also preoccupied with new customers and the phone then giving me his 100% attention for the 20 minutes it took to write up this invoice. I as well work with the public and was very unhappy with his customer service skills.

My last complaint is that I purchased a California King that is suppose to be 72x84 but the mattress that was delivered is 72x80. This I am taking up with corporate because it is not the size that I ordered and what is stated on my invoice. Not to mention I cant bear to hear Michael babble with anymore lame excuses for one more minute.

Do not purchase your mattress from this location.

My last comment: YOUR KILLIN ME LARRY!!! GET DECENT SALES PEOPLE.. WHO DONT BLOW SMOKE UP OTHER PEOPLES ###.

• St
      15th of Nov, 2011
    Sit and Sleep - Does not honor warrany
    Sit and Sleep

We purchased a mattress and mattress pad from sit and sleep 5 years ago that came with a 10 year warranty on the mattress and a stain warranty from Phoenix mattress pad company. We had spilled some juice on the mattress that created a small stain and called Phoenix to have it cleaned. They sent a tech out and he made a poor attempt at cleaning the stain and left. We then called sit and sleep to report a large depression on one side of the mattress. They sent a 3rd party out and preformed a measurment on the mattress. The result was 1.25" depression which did not meet their 1.5" requirement to replace the mattress. I went to Sealy's web sight and downloaded the specs and procedure to measure the mattress. I measured over 2". Called Sit & Sleep and they sent the tech out again and he found the same as I did. HMMMMMMMM!!!. Now we have had Sit and Sleep out twice to replace the mattress and they refuse as they say they can see a stain. We have had numerous people look at the mattress and we can see no stain. They are trying to get out of replacing the mattress and hope we will give up. We are filing a claim in court to make them honor the warranty. Bad business. Do not do business with these people.