Sirius XM / misrepresentation of offer

Got contacted in the mail about Serius XM's plans to charge an additional $2.99 for internet streaming, but good news, should I go along with pre-paying for one two or three years, I can continue to enjoy the service I have had at the locked in price, no additional $2.99 a month. So I went for it and took on two years. I go online tonight, and the player is blank except for my presets, with which I am able to access some programing. I decide to get to the player through the internet rather than with my favorites link, thinking that may resolve it, and I do get to the player and it still has the raggedy, corrupted graphics, but all stations are there, only the quality isn't the same as it used to be. I go to the settings and I see:

SETTINGS
Choose your listening experience: Basic Online Listening - 32k Premium Online Listening - 128k
Choose your listening experience: Your package does not include premium online listening. Upgrade now.

The upgrade costs $2.99 a month. I can't help but feel deceived. I had at my disposal the higher bit rate stream prior to the letter, and felt I was going along with the offer to preserve the service I had enjoyed for years. As a matter of fact, the letter said that, "Your current XM Radio Online listening privileges will be available at no charge until your next renewal date." Shoddy, shoddy bait and switch, shame on you XM. There was no mention that I would be eligible for only the inferior stream if I took them up on their offer. Lies of ommision won't help their business flourish. It's telling that the 32K bit "basic" stream isn't even offered on their web site. It's sad that that the poor quality internet streaming is reserved for their loyal customers.

Ex

Comments

• Mi
      31st of Mar, 2009

I have been trying to contact XM about this for over 2 week now. They continue to tell me that they are working on it, but they are full of it! How hard is it to change the setting in my account. I have spent too many hours to count trying to get this changed. Here is the big question for you: How do you get them to listen to you when you are a lifetime member? Well, there is the catch, you can't threaten them as it is YOUR loss if you cancel your subscription, not their.

There are a lot of complaints about XM and Sirus... watch what you buy from them!